Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-11, 05:12 AM   #13
Peoples-Agent
Vape Therapist

Default Re: Crysis 2 leaked beta... bull**** Crytek comments...

Got to admit, I was tempted to nab this to demo it out. BUT.... no DX11?

Even though i'm not even that hyped for this game, I will definately buy it. Tbh, I will now buy it due to the fact it leaked and wouldn't have done so otherwise. lol
Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
Fallen in the cause of the free.
Old 02-12-11, 05:24 AM   #14
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

This is sad news and a black day for Crytek. To support crytek i will purchase 2 copies of Crysis 2 and one additional Nano-edition version which includes artbook, nanostatue, posters and a roggsack a.k.a backpack. Just to show how goddam diehard imma am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJensen View Post
Maybe they should stop leaking it....
Denskejaevel.. it's not "they" who leaks it, it's some idiot untrustworthy low idiot bi*** employee with no honor or self-respect who leaked the build. Unfortunate for crytek, but not their fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
well from everything i read around the net/videos, visually its a step down, and the free roam that was in c1, is no longer in c2, it's very linear (cod) and very short.

let's just hope the multiplayer lives upto it....i won't be doing a pre-order, i will wait for feedback.
Wow, are you surprised that a Veryhigh crysis 1 looks better than a leaked early and unpolished build of crysis 2 on high settings in dx9?? Get a grip dude, The game's Veryhigh specs and dx11 will sure look much better.. but then about 1 month after initial release due to dx11 mode along with the highest detail settings are still being tweaked and so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
I don't get how developers can claim their losses over how many people downloaded the game...

Piracy isnt working like that. Most of people who is pirating a game, wouldnt buy it even if they would not download it. You know what I mean?
Good point but, I think in some cases, if a person really wanted a game and wasn't able to get it through piracy, i think he eventually would purchase the game anyway, if it was a highly anticipated game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotis View Post
Facts:
1) If it weren't for the PC noone would even know Crytek.
2) Crysis sold over 3 million copies and they made a fortune from selling a PC only game.
2) People who pirate games wouldn't buy them anyway.

If you don't like the pc please stop making games.They are plenty of PC game developers with quality games that would be happy to get my money instead of you.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Got to admit, I was tempted to nab this to demo it out. BUT.... no DX11?

Even though i'm not even that hyped for this game, I will definitely buy it. Tbh, I will now buy it due to the fact it leaked and wouldn't have done so otherwise. lol
We need more ppl like you on this planet. As for DX11, it will be fully featured in crysis 2, but not at release day but at first patch, due to optimization and tweaking. Don't worry though, even on medium settings crysis 2 looks fantastic, and PC version will get High settings which looks even better than so. So just enjoy Dx10 and tweaked Very-high until the first patch is out.
Old 02-12-11, 05:40 AM   #15
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

And i will gladly pirate this game!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Old 02-12-11, 05:40 AM   #16
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
Author of Tweakguides.com couldn't have said it better.

Quote:
A pre-release PC version of Crysis 2 has been leaked. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that it is now spreading rapidly through piracy channels, and people are using the usual excuses to justify obtaining something which does not rightfully belong to them.
It's not like they released a demo for Xbox 360, but not for the PC, right? If the PC demo was available some people would not even bother downloading this beta. It was your fault it leaked anyway, stop whining and release the demo now.
Quote:
For Crytek, the developers of Crysis 2, this is yet another slap in the face.
Another? Selling 3m copies of Crysis and Warhead must have really hurt them.
Quote:
Crytek pushed the boundaries of PC gaming first in 2004 with Far Cry, then in 2007 with the PC-exclusive Crysis - and faced a backlash from PC gamers for doing precisely that.
What the hell is he talking about?
PC gamers complained about Crysis being PC exclusive? I don't get it.
Quote:
To add insult to injury, despite a full-featured free demo of the game being available before its release, Crysis went on to become the fourth most pirated game of 2008.
At least he's being objective in this matter and doesn't forget to mention, that a demo of the game was actually given to us for free. Yay...
Quote:
Persevering, Crytek decided to invest resources into developing a customized PC version of Crysis 2.
Persevering? If it wasn't for PC gamers, their company would not be, where it is now...
Quote:
This leak, combined with statistics like Call of Duty: Black Ops, the biggest hit of 2010, being pirated 4.3 million times on the PC, versus 930,000 times on the XBox 360, yet the PC version making up only 6% of sales, makes you wonder if any major developer will consider PC gaming worth the bother in the future.
He's kidding right?
Released every year, gets shorter and shorter, MP stays basically the same, the quality of the port is getting lower and lower, game is broken for weeks after release. Keep wondering why PC sales are plummeting...
Quote:
MMOs, casual puzzle games and multiplayer games, as well as quick console ports, are about all that seem to be viable now on the PC. At least until PC gamers develop some semblance of respect for developers, and drop the self-entitlement attitude which piracy encourages. I'd like to think that TweakGuides readers will respect Crytek enough not to download this leaked version and wait for the official demo.
He's as ignorant as they get.
Old 02-12-11, 05:57 AM   #17
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Well the good news is, if you check some of the comments out there, the game is shaping up to be pretty awesome.
Old 02-12-11, 06:52 AM   #18
K007

lol the intro is pretty sick
Old 02-12-11, 07:01 AM   #19
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
As for DX11, it will be fully featured in crysis 2, but not at release day but at first patch, due to optimization and tweaking. Don't worry though, even on medium settings crysis 2 looks fantastic, and PC version will get High settings which looks even better than so. So just enjoy Dx10 and tweaked Very-high until the first patch is out.
Where are you getting this information?

Can a game created on a DX10 platform be magically patched to DX11?
Old 02-12-11, 07:10 AM   #20
Sean_W

Looks like medium to me. The full game should have very high DX10 but from what I heard, the demo will be locked to medium, unless that's the just the leaked version.

Old 02-12-11, 07:15 AM   #21
K007

don't post screenshots.
Old 02-12-11, 07:25 AM   #22
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

They could control this mess a little by releasing a MP demo on PC early next week. Problem is MS probably have some kind of deal with Crytek to have the MP demo a month in advance so we won't see it on PC until late Feb.

Do we know the details of the leak? Was it inside Crytek, was it a review copy sent to the press? I can't see them deliberately leaking the full SP beta as a way to generate press.

Kinda feel sorry for EA in all of this.
Old 02-12-11, 07:41 AM   #23
grey_1

Sorry guys, I'm reporting the thread.

Downloading a leaked build is still piracy.

Posting screens of pirated games isn't allowed here.

If you truly want to support the devs get the STOLEN software off your hdd and buy it like everyone else when it hits the shelves.

Old 02-12-11, 07:42 AM   #24
Sean_W

It could be a stunt to boast pre-order sales or attack the PC industry and say I told you so. Why else would they blame the PC community?

Yeah, posting screenshots of a leaked beta in a PC gaming forum is idiotic.
Closed Thread