Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-11-11, 10:46 PM   #1
gerGuliciousTao

Default Noob Question - Overclocking w/Intel DP43BF Classic

Hello all, I recently had a nvidia nforce 780i and had no problem adjusting the FSB and voltage for the CPU overclock in the BIOS but I recently had to change out my nforce due to blown capacitors for an Intel DP43BF Classic Series. I have an intel e6660 @ 2.4ghz stock and a nice scythe fan cooler and had reached 3.4ghz stable with decent temps with my nforce. With this Intel BIOS I'm very limited in my manual adjustment options for cpu performance; no voltage, no fsb... So my question is basically, how do I overclock my cpu with this damn thing? Do I have to flash my BIOS? I've never done that before, but suspected that might be the route. Are there programs that allow me to overclock from the desktop? Sorry for the noob question, it's been a long time since I've had access to my comp. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
gerGuliciousTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-11, 11:42 PM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: Noob Question - Overclocking w/Intel DP43BF Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerGuliciousTao View Post
Hello all, I recently had a nvidia nforce 780i and had no problem adjusting the FSB and voltage for the CPU overclock in the BIOS but I recently had to change out my nforce due to blown capacitors for an Intel DP43BF Classic Series. I have an intel e6660 @ 2.4ghz stock and a nice scythe fan cooler and had reached 3.4ghz stable with decent temps with my nforce. With this Intel BIOS I'm very limited in my manual adjustment options for cpu performance; no voltage, no fsb... So my question is basically, how do I overclock my cpu with this damn thing? Do I have to flash my BIOS? I've never done that before, but suspected that might be the route. Are there programs that allow me to overclock from the desktop? Sorry for the noob question, it's been a long time since I've had access to my comp. Any help is much appreciated, thank you.
Does the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility work with that board/CPU?

It's worth a shot.

http://intel-extreme-tuning-utility.....informer.com/
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-11, 04:47 PM   #3
Bman212121

Default Re: Noob Question - Overclocking w/Intel DP43BF Classic

Given it's an intel reference board there is a very good chance that it doesn't allow you to overclock it.

This might help though.

http://download.intel.com/support/mo...bymenu_v14.pdf

Go into the bios, go into the performance page. See if there is an option for Host Clock Frequency Override. You would need to be able to set that to manual to be able to change the setting Host Clock Frequency (MHz). If that option isn't present it is becuase the board does not allow you to overclock.

Also under performance should be processor overrides and in there is CPU Voltage Override which would allow you to set a higher voltage. With that you'd need to set CPU Voltage Override Type to static, and you'd probably want to set CPU VREG Droop Control to Low V droop.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote