Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-01-11, 05:57 PM   #121
sammy sung

Default Re: Crysis 2 demo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
Anyone else having problems actually getting into a ****ing server? Connection to host has been lost blah blah blah. Are the servers really that ****ty?
I can't connect at all, says check my connection lol

Seems like Crytek did a Epic on us, they better damn not go that route and release the full game with console interface only, no gfx settings etc and horrible texture brought straight from the PS3 into the PC version like Epic did with UT3. It took epic like 2 years to fix UT3 but by then it was too damn late, most people had already jumped ship by then.
Old 03-01-11, 06:10 PM   #122
autobot

Well it has come to light that Crysis 2 will actually release on the PC platform as a DX9 game and will be patched at a later date to DX11. SERIOUSLY CRYTEK?!?!? Thats it.....I'm not buying this steam pile of Nano-suit manure.
MSI 6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB
Lite-On DVD/RW w/ Lightscribe
XFX XXX-Edition 650W PSU
[COLOR="Red"]Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance[/COLOR][/CENTER]
autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 06:15 PM   #123
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobot View Post
Well it has come to light that Crysis 2 will actually release on the PC platform as a DX9 game and will be patched at a later date to DX11. SERIOUSLY CRYTEK?!?!? Thats it.....I'm not buying this steam pile of Nano-suit manure.
Correct.

http://translate.google.fr/translate...-kommer-senare

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=32659
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 06:22 PM   #124
JaylumX
Something Else

Don't know about you guys but i enjoyed the PC demo a hell of a lot more than the 360 demo.....probably due to the fact that on the 360 demo i had my ass handed to me on a silver platter by some pre-teen who probably was genetically enginered for FPS gamepad usage with Zen like Matrix reflexes up the anti....I bearly got 2 kills in the demo i kid you not, but with the PC demo it was like my glory days playing Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix Multiplayer.....Love it and i cannot wait for this game to come out.

Off for one more hit to sooth the pain

EDIT: This no sound issue with 7.1 channel sound is very irritating

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 06:37 PM   #125
sammy sung

Hated the FOV, the gfx was underwhelming to say the least. I'd love to see a fps mp game without perks, upgrades etc in the style of cod. I'm just tired of everything being so samey, get the killstreak = get some lame airstrike bs bonus. Apart from the nanosuit i can't really say that this felt much different to play than mw2.

And i hope crytek includes a whole new texture set as most of these looked ported directly from the 360 or something.
Old 03-01-11, 06:39 PM   #126
ATi
RooR

i still cant play
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 07:40 PM   #127
jkmetal

So... I played ten minutes of this. So these are just quick shooting from the hip comments on a very short period of play.

Graphically... this can't be the real crysis 2. Even at the highest dx9 settings (which is what the demo i played is limited to), the single player graphics have to be of higher quality than this. Also, although my frames would stay between 40-60 on maxium at 16x10, performance for what was displayed on the screen was kinda lacking. I'm sure that will be corrected with driver updates and what-not. It does concern me a little considering this is only dx9. 20-30 might not be out of the question once i boot up the retail game in dx11. Textures and the cartoonish lighting was what bothered me the most. Reminded me of f.e.a.r 2 graphically.

Played with kb and a little bit of gamepad. Didn't like the change in controls. Pretty much a non issue though, as I'll get used to it with more playtime.

Gameplaywise it was kinda like eating a pb&j. Solid, a little tasty, but also dull and boring. One sci fi black ops coming right up...

So far, a pass.
Old 03-01-11, 07:43 PM   #128
red777star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
I wonder for how long people are gonna continue to say this until they realize this is now the normal way for 90% of pc games ... Get used to it.
I can't get used to it cause Crysis 1 was Epic Win because it was not meant for Consoles. Do you realize that Crysis 2 will be worse looking than Crysis 1. I bet Bulletstorm looks better than Crysis 2
red777star is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-11, 07:58 PM   #129
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red777star View Post
I can't get used to it cause Crysis 1 was Epic Win because it was not meant for Consoles. Do you realize that Crysis 2 will be worse looking than Crysis 1. I bet Bulletstorm looks better than Crysis 2
Gee whiz, I bet Crysis 2 game-play is going to suck balls because it'll look like crap right

Everyone knows the best games have the best graphics. Those that don't have the best graphics ALL suck.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 08:04 PM   #130
Logical

Just came off the demo played at 1920x1200 and averaged 40 fps on hardcore setting. Was fun for about 10 mins and then i quickly got bored as this sort of multiplayer fps gaming is imo getting old and the nanosuit made no difference. The graphics were quite good for DX9 although i never felt impressed by them.

The motion blur makes me sick along with the FOV and i am now left feeling quite nausea with a slight headache. I think it is quite obvious that this game was built for console which in this day is something PC gamers are getting used to. However it is no ground breaking game that Crysis was in terms of visuals at its time, again something i expected.

Will withhold judgement untill the final game but i do hope they ramp it up a bit especially for the DX11 gamers.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 08:07 PM   #131
Killroy X

Agree with the comments above. Sure graphics don't make great gameplay, but 1 into testing out this demo I have to say graphic aside, this might be the most disappointing game to come out in a decade.

I didn't say worst game, that belongs to another title, but severlr disappointing. It's Crytek, since FarCry they have broke the barrier for PC graphics. Crysis followed. The thing is, the gameplay in both of those titles were great. Fast forward to Crysis 2, and it's clear that the Crytek team has been swayed by other motives.

On another game this might have worked as a port. Dead Space 2 seems to be okay with the consolized version, but we expect more from Crytek.

To me, the King of PC gaming has fallen. I put Crytek up there at the top, so far...unless something drastic changes, this will end dissapointing more than just me.

So I understand it's just a demo and they will tweak here and there, but the core of the game is built for the console and for a game like this, it's not going to work.
320 Western Digital Caviar
eVGA MB 780i
Corsair 750TX
Antec 900 Case
Samsung Syncmaster 206BW
Asus VE247H LED
Windows 7 64 bit
Killroy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-11, 08:26 PM   #132
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Gee whiz, I bet Crysis 2 game-play is going to suck balls because it'll look like crap right

Everyone knows the best games have the best graphics. Those that don't have the best graphics ALL suck.
Tbh Sazar, in this case, for THIS game the graphics are more important than other games because of the graphical impact the first one had. The demo does look worse than crysis 1 and not with a small margin either. People like soet have been drooling , wanking off over the first game and the prospect of even BETTER graphics for the sequel but the demo was bland and the graphics couldn't make up for the gameplay as they did to some extent in the first one.

I never liked the first one much and if the rumors are true that it will be dx9 on release, that a later patch will introduce dx11 i can't say ill buy it until if/when that happens because i really don't want to be stuck with another UT3 and wait for patches that attempts to "unconsolize" it.