Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-02-11, 02:07 AM   #133
K007

Default Re: Crysis 2 demo?

still can't play.

logins not working

i created a few gamespy accounts no luck....what gives?

Some shorcut comands to help with the various FOV's ... Motion blur ... and to remove the intro vids ...
Set the FOV to your desired FOV ...

+cl_fov=90
+r_DrawNearFoV = 90
+pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90
+r_MotionBlur=0
+g_skipIntro=1

EXample ...
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis 2 Demo\bin32\Crysis2Demo.exe" +cl_fov=90 +r_DrawNearFoV = 90 +pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 90 +r_MotionBlur=0 +g_skipIntro=1

Enjoy ...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 03:12 AM   #134
knghtwhosaysni
Ni!

still can't play either. I think i read in the Steam forums that numbers in the username/email/password may be causing problems. I can't change my password for mycrysis tho bc the site is still screwed up.
| i7-2600k | ASUS P8H67-M LE | eVGA GTX 275 1792MB | 8GB 1333mhz | Samsung 830 64GB | Seagate 7200.10 320GB | Seagate 7200.11 1.5TB | Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic | Dell S2209W | Audio-Technica ATH-A700 | Logitech G500 | Logitech Driving Force GT |
knghtwhosaysni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 03:39 AM   #135
K007

k finally got it working

graphic wise...its not that impressive compared to c1.
gameplay is...well...a bit meh...
gets really confusing as well as to what the hell is going on...

the really annoying thing is how glowy/blurry and the funny AA effects your eyes...after 30 mins i really felt like throwing up....its just...not that easy on the eyes.

defiantly not a day 1 purchase i might get it later if the sp/reviews are good.

was not worth the wait.
Old 03-02-11, 05:27 AM   #136
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
facts? clearly not since the general opinion across the most popular gaming forums is that this game is trash and the graphics are lame. i cant even decide whether or not this looks better than black ops after looking at some screen comparisons

Haha, you're unbelievable. First in older days you bash me for posting downsampled crysis pics and told us all how fake those screens was and that it didn't represent the graphics of the game. Then i owned you by bringing up the supersampling card. Then you do the very same thing yourself: Posts a downsampled picture of COD:BO and comparing it with a regular non-downsampled 360 port, non-final version of the MP demo and call it fair. You're pathetic.

So you wanna play fair? Here's a downsampled shot of Crysis 2 MP. Compare it to the lousy pic of BO you just posted, then it's fair:

Old 03-02-11, 05:29 AM   #137
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Hated the FOV, the gfx was underwhelming to say the least. I'd love to see a fps mp game without perks, upgrades etc in the style of cod. I'm just tired of everything being so samey, get the killstreak = get some lame airstrike bs bonus. Apart from the nanosuit i can't really say that this felt much different to play than mw2.

And i hope crytek includes a whole new texture set as most of these looked ported directly from the 360 or something.
I dont blame crytek for this. They had to move up from the Crysis 1 style multiplayer onto something the current market of MP games play - Which is like COD. If they had stuck with crysis 1's MP i think it would turn off a lot of the current gamers.

COD has spoiled the market, how sad. Oh well, theres battlefield 3.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 05:39 AM   #138
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Haha, you're unbelievable. First in older day you bash me for posting downsampled crysis pics and told us all how fake those screens was and that it didn't represent the graphics of the game. Then i owned you by bringing up the supersampling card. Then you do the very same thing yourself: Posts a downsampled picture of COD:BO and comparing it with a regular 360 port, non-final version of the MP demo and call it fair. You're pathetic.

So you wanna play fair? Here's a downsampled shot of Crysis 2 MP. Compare it to the lousy pic of BO you just posted, then it's fair:

my c2 multiplayer doesnt look like that lol..its very blurry.
Old 03-02-11, 05:44 AM   #139
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

It's because youre not running the game with supersampling. I posted that pic just to show how C2 MP looks like when downsampled or using supersampling to give a fair comparison to the crappy downsampled pic M3 posted of black ops.
Old 03-02-11, 05:49 AM   #140
K007

is there anyway to actually get rid of the blurriness? its really annoying and hard to pick things in the distance...the AA is so gay in this game.

Old 03-02-11, 06:35 AM   #141
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Nest View Post
I dont blame crytek for this. They had to move up from the Crysis 1 style multiplayer onto something the current market of MP games play - Which is like COD. If they had stuck with crysis 1's MP i think it would turn off a lot of the current gamers.
We're already getting CoD every freaking year, MoH series will join very soon, so it was a pretty stupid decision.

They will oversaturate the market like they did with all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. Hopefully soon and then we can move onto something else, preferably games, that don't need to have MP mode at all cost.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 06:40 AM   #142
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Its so gay u cant change custom settings to whatever you like, remove blur, shader quality etc etc.. it will be a pain to have to change custom in a .ini file like usual in crysis1.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 09:14 AM   #143
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
is there anyway to actually get rid of the blurriness? its really annoying and hard to pick things in the distance...the AA is so gay in this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioHazZarD View Post
Its so gay u cant change custom settings to whatever you like, remove blur, shader quality etc etc.. it will be a pain to have to change custom in a .ini file like usual in crysis1.

Try these 4 commands, add them in the shortcut target line after Crysis2Demo.exe"

+r_UseEdgeAA=0
+r_PostMSAA=0
+r_DepthOfField=0
+r_motionblur=0
+r_DrawNearFoV = 80

You could also try to use only +r_UseEdgeAA=0 and +r_PostMSAA=2 for proper anti-aliasing.
Old 03-02-11, 09:58 AM   #144
Sean_W

Why didn't they just leave it like Crysis 1? I mean FFS, it's easy for them to do that and add a PC config part like other games do.

Also it's hard to even get into a server with only 12 players per match.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote