Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-02-11, 11:53 AM   #145
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Crysis 2 demo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Why didn't they just leave it like Crysis 1?
I fail to see how much different Crysis 2 is to the first game MP wise, except for Conquest and bigger maps and different surroundings, and apart from the new parkour style movement and the suit mods/perk thingys.
Old 03-02-11, 11:55 AM   #146
Sean_W

I mean the graphical options. Crysis 2 needs tweaks to make it look clear and crisp, yet Crysis one just looked sharp by default.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 12:08 PM   #147
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Try these 4 commands, add them in the shortcut target line after Crysis2Demo.exe"

+r_UseEdgeAA=0
+r_PostMSAA=0
+r_DepthOfField=0
+r_motionblur=0
+r_DrawNearFoV = 80

You could also try to use only +r_UseEdgeAA=0 and +r_PostMSAA=2 for proper anti-aliasing.
I dont know if it reads "=", you could jsut put say +r_UseEdgeAA 0 +XXX as it does work that way.
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 12:10 PM   #148
YodaStar

Quote:
Haha, you're unbelievable. First in older days you bash me for posting downsampled crysis pics and told us all how fake those screens was and that it didn't represent the graphics of the game. Then i owned you by bringing up the supersampling card. Then you do the very same thing yourself: Posts a downsampled picture of COD:BO and comparing it with a regular non-downsampled 360 port, non-final version of the MP demo and call it fair. You're pathetic.

So you wanna play fair? Here's a downsampled shot of Crysis 2 MP. Compare it to the lousy pic of BO you just posted, then it's fair:

http://h-2.abload.de/img/roofgardenblf9.jpg
Lol, troll got raped with his own recipe.

M3dude, U mad?

Old 03-02-11, 12:23 PM   #149
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
It's because youre not running the game with supersampling. I posted that pic just to show how C2 MP looks like when downsampled or using supersampling to give a fair comparison to the crappy downsampled pic M3 posted of black ops.
Here is a screenshot I just took with 8x SSAA. Still looks like **** and no where near your pre rendered photo.

Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 12:38 PM   #150
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Here is a screenshot I just took with 8x SSAA. Still looks like **** and no where near your pre rendered photo.

http://i.imgur.com/aKdEX.jpg
You wont have same looks but how about.. ehh.. taking a screenshot from.. SAME location and same.. MAP?
Old 03-02-11, 12:48 PM   #151
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
You wont have same looks but how about.. ehh.. taking a screenshot from.. SAME location and same.. MAP?
You know what supersampling is right? It's a form of AA that happens to work on alpha textures. It doesn't change the shaders in the game, it doesn't change the shadow detail. It doesn't make the game look any better than normal AA except for being applied to an Alpha Texture.

I also don't know where that location is in the game. I couldn't find any area that looked remotely as good as it.
Old 03-02-11, 12:57 PM   #152
mojoman0

and so it begins again. cant login
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-11, 12:58 PM   #153
sammy sung

Quote:
You know what supersampling is right? It's a form of AA that happens to work on alpha textures. It doesn't change the shaders in the game, it doesn't change the shadow detail. It doesn't make the game look any better than normal AA except for being applied to an Alpha Texture.

I also don't know where that location is in the game. I couldn't find any area that looked remotely as good as it.
Same here, that kind of graphical fidelity isn't available in the demo regardless of settings soet, perhaps at a later stage but not now. If you belive otherwise you post pics that YOU have taken and prove us wrong.
Old 03-02-11, 12:59 PM   #154
YodaStar

Quote:
Exactly thus you can only judge graphical features and art thus you need to be in same location for a fair comparision. Thus the use of SSAA as in your image and the other image is of no interest.

Hence your comment below vs your image is flawed, simple.

Quote:
Quote:
Find location it or dont comment on it until you find it. If you cant make a fair comparision then dont make one. Same location and then post image for fair comparision. And yes it wont look as good but atleast you provide a pic of same location and can then prove the point in a proper way.
Old 03-02-11, 01:03 PM   #155
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Here we go. Eat your words now. The angle is a little off as I am too far to the left, but a blind person could see the difference.

Old 03-02-11, 01:03 PM   #156
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Same here, that kind of graphical fidelity isn't available in the demo regardless of settings soet, perhaps at a later stage but not now. If you belive otherwise you post pics that YOU have taken and prove us wrong.
Actually it pretty much is, shot looks to have edge AA disabled, been super sampled and have been touched up colorwise and might have had some modified settings. Texture work and settings limits are same in demo and leak.