Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-02-11, 04:23 PM   #169
m3dude

Default Re: Crysis 2 demo?

lmao yeah crysis 2 RETAIL is gonna look WAY DIFF!!!! they are redoing the entire visual coding in just a couple of weeks!!!! fact is crysis 2 IS a ****ty 360 port that looks comparable to black ops(better in some ways, worse in others). bring on bf3

edit - crysis 2 will never look like soets fake shots while your actually playing it.....EVER. its actually impossible due to several factors, one of which being the way post processing is handled with e_screenshot 1 command
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 04:23 PM   #170
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Here is a screenshot I just took with 8x SSAA. Still looks like **** and no where near your pre rendered photo.

[IMG]snip[/IMG]
You use presumable sparsegrid supersampling, that's not the kind of SSAA am talking about. Am talking about sheer 4x4 OGSSAA.. makes the game look unbelievable, rendered 4 times its original resolution, but u need beeefy settings. Am not sure about your pic, looks like the regular game with MSAA applied. Maybe you can take one pic with and one without SSAA so we can see just how big the difference is. Because from normal rendered crysis to 4x4 SSAA , there's a huge difference in visual quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
You know what supersampling is right? It's a form of AA that happens to work on alpha textures. It doesn't change the shaders in the game, it doesn't change the shadow detail. It doesn't make the game look any better than normal AA except for being applied to an Alpha Texture.

I also don't know where that location is in the game. I couldn't find any area that looked remotely as good as it.
Wow you don't know a s**t about supersampling. SSAA affects shaders and also shadows, the need of AF is gone and also gives the game an overall great look. Also when using SSAA there is no need for regular MSAA because the all edges get smooth, not only vegetation/alpha textures. SSAA works in rendering the scene in a lot higher resolution then displaying this into smaller res or native res, u get a compressed picture which are much more detailed, LOD get's better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Same here, that kind of graphical fidelity isn't available in the demo regardless of settings soet, perhaps at a later stage but not now. If you belive otherwise you post pics that YOU have taken and prove us wrong.
Err.. I took those pics. Am not getting SSAA working in crysis 2 at the very moment. This is a downsampled pic. So unless someone got nvidia inspector and a geforce card with muscles and can take a pic with 4x4 OGSAA then there's nothing more i can say in the matter. My current version drivers seem broken with inspector.
Old 03-02-11, 04:43 PM   #171
m3dude

pc v 360 comparison. so full of fail

http://www.gamesaktuell.de/Crysis-2-...lerie/1496242/
Old 03-02-11, 04:43 PM   #172
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
and so it begins again. cant login
You're not the only one.

My standard user-name and even my email address were apparently already in use, even though when I later went through the website, they were not. I was unable to recover either.

However, I did later go ahead and get in with a new username/pass/email address and messed around for a bit. The game feels a little "sluggish" in terms of the movement of the character, compared to Crysis and Warhead. I will have to get used to all the new things I guess, but not sure I am a big fan of the MP.

Can't wait for the SP though
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 04:45 PM   #173
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post

Err.. I took those pics. Am not getting SSAA working in crysis 2 at the very moment. This is a downsampled pic. So unless someone got nvidia inspector and a geforce card with muscles and can take a pic with 4x4 OGSAA then there's nothing more i can say in the matter. My current version drivers seem broken with inspector.
Lol youre full of it , you did NOT take this pic, stop lying please.

Old 03-02-11, 04:56 PM   #174
m3dude

its an editor shot, and possibly modified in photoshop. but its 100% not in any way in game or even close to representative of such
Old 03-02-11, 04:59 PM   #175
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
He did. But it's from the leaked beta.
Mr. Crysis fan here pirated that version and I got a PM from him with those shots. That's already lame enough but now he's even trying to spread misinformation...

I guess that version has some higher res assets than the MP demo. That's why it looks different.
Can we ban him now?
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 05:06 PM   #176
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
pc v 360 comparison. so full of fail

http://www.gamesaktuell.de/Crysis-2-...lerie/1496242/
PC looks superior with better shading, shadows and lighting. XBox looks more saturated and different gamma levels.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-02-11, 05:08 PM   #177
Sean_W

Also, how do you take shots like that in MP?
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 05:09 PM   #178
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
PC looks superior with better shading, shadows and lighting. XBox looks more saturated and different gamma levels.
the point is its the same differences in EVERY pc port. no real work was done here specifically for the pc. most of the benefits you listed comes as a defacto side effect of the pc standard being fp16 v xboxs fp10. its just the natural result of higher precision
Old 03-02-11, 05:10 PM   #179
m3dude

Quote:
Also, how do you take shots like that in MP?
the beta leak came with a version of sandbox
Old 03-02-11, 05:10 PM   #180
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Yah, even though in some shots, the PC version looks blurrier, closer inspection shows better details and definitely superior shading/shadows and lighting.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote