Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-02-11, 07:07 PM   #193
ATOJAR
Bish Bash Bosh

Send a message via MSN to ATOJAR
Default Re: Crysis 2 demo?

Here's what config im using ... Ive noticed the game feels 10x better now that ive changed the mouse speed from default 5 to 15 .... The game play just feels more fluid and faster .... More Black Ops'ish, You also don't have to hold your finger the the right mouse button to keep the sight up, You cna enable toggle sight with this config. Same goes with crouch.

Here's some screeners, Its hardcore@1920x1200 with the above config settings.

Intel i7 920 D0@4GHz(Corsair Hydro H80i) - ASUS P6T iX58 - 16GB Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600MHz - Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Corsair 120GB Force LS SSD(Win7/apps) - Seagate Barracuda SATA II 500GB(storage/games) - LG W2452T 24" LCD 1920x1200 Monitor - MSI GTX 760 2GB - Windows 7 Ultimate X64 - Corsair 750W TX PSU - Cooler Master HAF X Case - Logitech G500 Mouse - Logitech G15 v2 Keyboard.
ATOJAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 07:08 PM   #194
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Wow you don't know a s**t about supersampling. SSAA affects shaders and also shadows, the need of AF is gone and also gives the game an overall great look. Also when using SSAA there is no need for regular MSAA because the all edges get smooth, not only vegetation/alpha textures. SSAA works in rendering the scene in a lot higher resolution then displaying this into smaller res or native res, u get a compressed picture which are much more detailed, LOD get's better too.
LOLOLOLOL you are actually the one who has no clue how ssaa works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersampling
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2136958,00.asp

http://www.techreaction.net/2009/10/...perfect-world/
According to you, when he enables SSAA the game should go from looking mediocre to looking like crysis 2.

Also, SGSSAA is better than OGSSAA
http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=12648&page=6
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 07:42 PM   #195
m3dude

yes sparse grid is typically better than ordered grid. hes clueless. also downsampling an image in photoshop is still superior to applying ssaa in realtime. blending calculations in the former help quite a bit
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:42 PM   #196
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Well, for some unknown reason, I can't connect to Crysis 2 demo due to "network connectivity". I didn't have any problems yesterday, and now I can't connect to it. Is it something I can fix on this side, or is it something to do with their overloaded login servers?
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 08:51 PM   #197
Sean_W

The servers are a waste of time and I gave up. I couldn't get into none of them and the ones I did, didn't start up.

The server browser is buggy crap, doesn't update in real time and shows 0 ping.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 09:07 PM   #198
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
It's not the first time he used other peoples screens and called them his own, besides that he claimed that the demo could be made to look like that and thats just bull.
I use those screens with permission from authors mixed with my own screens. Some screens are taken from some of my friends who also is in the crysis and modding community.

The demo can look like that, with proper setup of OGSSAA, why doesn't that enter your thick skull? Other than the downsample all i did was correct the colors to give a warmer look and adjust contrast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude View Post
it can, all u need is photoshop!
read above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesker01 View Post
How do you set 8x AA ?

Is it r_postMSAA=8 or r_postMSAA=2 and r_Fsaa_samples=8

I am having connection issues atm,Roadhog can you please clear this?
There is nothing called r_postmsaa 8, but 2 works. 2 looks better than 1. 1 is default i think, 1 gives 2xMSAA combined with crytek's own implemention. a value of 2 would give 4xMSAA with additionally crytek's new AA system combined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Your ass should be banned, not only did you make a fuss about people pirating crysis, saying that you would buy several copies to support Crytek but now you admit to posting editor shots from the game you said you wouldn't pirate ? You are full of it on so many levels, i sincerely hope they ban you post haste.
Banned? Am glad you're not a mod lol. I didn't make any fuzz about ppl downloading the leak, where did u get that from kid? The "I will buy several copies to support crytek" was and is still a joke, i told u over PM already. U stubborn bi**h. Where did i say i wasn't gonna pirate it?

U need to chill yourself down my mad little friend from stockholm, youre way to aggressive, reading your BS is amusing haha, carry on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Soetdjuret

Stop messing about and tell use how you did it so that people can reproduce it. People will say that you post colour processed the image, only you did it without telling anyone. Give details and config, FFS.

Down sampling is not a true representation of a in-game shot.
Sean, stop complaining on me here. Instead of claiming it's all a lie without support to back the statement up, then youre not any better than me.

Secondly.

I used the leak to take the shot from the MP level in the editor and used e_screenshot_width 5120 and e_screenshot_height 3200 along with e_screenshot_quality 100 then i simple removed hud + gun and took the screen using e_screenshot 1 command. Then i imported the pic in photoshop, corrected the colors, removed artifacts and balanced contrast/brightness, lastly i downsampled the 5120x3200 big image down to 1920x1080 and uploaded it here.

Config, i use no particular config for those shots, it's Hardcore settings and downsampled, that's all. And i KNOW, using 4x4 SSAA Ordered Grid style, will boost the games look and level of detail as in the downsampled editor shots. That's all i claimed. Now you guys are calling me a lier, especially the retarded kid from stockholm.

Again i downloaded the leak to use the Editor only, to check performance, C_vars config files, overall file buildup, flowgraph systems etc. Plus i've already pre-purchased the expensive Nano-edition of Crysis 2 so i feel no guilt, no matter what you try to convince us sammy...
Old 03-02-11, 09:10 PM   #199
YodaStar

Quote:
Here, i downsampled your pic, and corrected the colors:
Except color modifications, maybe glare reduction and that you have SSAA it looks basically the same as demo for assets, tech. Oh yeah maybe FOV difference to (I got 65 degree FOV)?

This is LOW setting all native res with games own edge AA.

EDIT lolwut it wasn't the first pic that was yours Soetdjuret, I thought it was EXACTLY the first one you posted where people went nuts over a color job change thinking it was ultra high mode!

YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 09:16 PM   #200
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
The servers are a waste of time and I gave up. I couldn't get into none of them and the ones I did, didn't start up.

The server browser is buggy crap, doesn't update in real time and shows 0 ping.
**** is flaky. I get onto 1 out of 10 servers. Aim for servers in Europe.

Old 03-02-11, 09:17 PM   #201
YodaStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOJAR View Post
Thanks for the tool bud!
Old 03-02-11, 09:19 PM   #202
m3dude

Quote:
I used the leak to take the shot from the MP level in the editor and used e_screenshot_width 5120 and e_screenshot_height 3200 along with e_screenshot_quality 100 then i simple removed hud + gun and took the screen using e_screenshot 1 command. Then i imported the pic in photoshop, corrected the colors, removed artifacts and balanced contrast/brightness, lastly i downsampled the 5120x3200 big image down to 1920x1080 and uploaded it here
100% in game indeed. lmao this toolbag is a joke
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 09:24 PM   #203
Sean_W

Quote:

Sean, stop complaining on me here. Instead of claiming it's all a lie without support to back the statement up, then youre not any better than me.

Secondly.

I used the leak to take the shot from the MP level in the editor and used e_screenshot_width 5120 and e_screenshot_height 3200 along with e_screenshot_quality 100 then i simple removed hud + gun and took the screen using e_screenshot 1 command. Then i imported the pic in photoshop, corrected the colors, removed artifacts and balanced contrast/brightness, lastly i downsampled the 5120x3200 big image down to 1920x1080 and uploaded it here.
Check your English then and watch what you say.
Quote:
corrected the colors
implies something else other than in-game settings.

Also, I didn't say you're lying. I called into question your methods of how you made those shots.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 09:37 PM   #204
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:

Secondly.

Config, i use no particular config for those shots, it's Hardcore settings and downsampled, that's all. And i KNOW, using 4x4 SSAA Ordered Grid style, will boost the games look and level of detail as in the downsampled editor shots. That's all i claimed. Now you guys are calling me a lier, especially the retarded kid from stockholm.

Again i downloaded the leak to use the Editor only, to check performance, C_vars config files, overall file buildup, flowgraph systems etc. Plus i've already pre-purchased the expensive Nano-edition of Crysis 2 so i feel no guilt, no matter what you try to convince us sammy...

So, they aren't raw in game screenshots. They are heavily edited/touched up screenshots from the editor. LOL talk about epic fail.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote