Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-11, 11:01 PM   #325
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: GTX590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Does AMD feed you this stuff RoadHog? Or did you just happen to be on a forum in a language Google wouldn't translate for me trying to read up on 590 failures?

I_smell_more_anti-NVIDIA_FUD_from_our_main_source.

Two people is "dropping like flies"? Uh huh.
Unlike you i'm not oblivious to what is actually going on. How many dead 580's did you see on launch or shortly after? Probably slim to none. Simple facts Rollo which you seem to ignore. All the 590's that are dying, are dying from the same exact failure. Stock or overclocked it doesn't matter. I'm getting my info from other forums which aren't full of nvidia shills and simply posting it here. Maybe people here might want to know about it too? If the 6990's were dying as often too I would be doing the same thing. I figured you would still try to defend the 590 though and try to make it seem like it's normal for all those cards to just die in the same way. Only FUD here is from you.

PS. You have a 590, why haven't we seen any benchmarks from you with it? You never seem to hesitate to post benchmarks of your other cards. Or did your 590 die?
Old 03-28-11, 11:04 PM   #326
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
it might not be a complete recall, but if i spent the cash on a 590, i'd be a little worried from seeing stories like this.
If you spent the cash on a 590, and didn't try to run 30% more electricity through it, you would RMA it and get a new one if it proved defective.

What's to worry about?

Running 30% more juice through a part with reference cooling may damage it? Yes, I'd say that's a valid concern for anyone doing such a thing.

BTW- we don't even no if the stories are real. The one guy I could link to used his tenth post to say "My GTX590 blew up!"- not exactly a well known person on the board. You can believe me that people (who really need a life) make up and post things like this about NVIDIA products, and probably ATi products as well.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 03-28-11, 11:06 PM   #327
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

Quote:
If you spent the cash on a 590, and didn't try to run 30% more electricity through it, you would RMA it and get a new one if it proved defective.

What's to worry about?

Running 30% more juice through a part with reference cooling may damage it? Yes, I'd say that's a valid concern for anyone doing such a thing.

BTW- we don't even no if the stories are real. The one guy I could link to used his tenth post to say "My GTX590 blew up!"- not exactly a well known person on the board. You can believe me that people (who really need a life) make up and post things like this about NVIDIA products, and probably ATi products as well.
we just wait and see if more people report the same.....
Old 03-28-11, 11:15 PM   #328
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Also, pretty sure I said I think they are both flops here.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...6&postcount=15

must mean amd fed me that. lolol
Old 03-28-11, 11:17 PM   #329
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Unlike you i'm not oblivious to what is actually going on. How many dead 580's did you see on launch or shortly after? Probably slim to none. Simple facts Rollo which you seem to ignore. All the 590's that are dying, are dying from the same exact failure. Stock or overclocked it doesn't matter. I'm getting my info from other forums which aren't full of nvidia shills and simply posting it here. Maybe people here might want to know about it too? If the 6990's were dying as often too I would be doing the same thing. I figured you would still try to defend the 590 though and try to make it seem like it's normal for all those cards to just die in the same way. Only FUD here is from you.

PS. You have a 590, why haven't we seen any benchmarks from you with it? You never seem to hesitate to post benchmarks of your other cards. Or did your 590 die?
Yeah that was impressive "evidence" RoadHog. One guy with 10 posts says his blew up, and one link that my browser won't translate and pull up.

It's a sweeping trend.

As for the benches, been busy with my real job.

I've only run three benches on it at 57X10, the 590 was within 1-2fps of the GTX480 Sli it replaced.

Feel free to link me to a post from the Ukraine that translates "In harmonizing toast jumping GTX590, expedient sacrilege warm but gentle" now to make your point. Seems to be what you're best at.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 03-28-11, 11:21 PM   #330
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

just did quick google search. so these cards dont have some over-volt protection? apparently some review sites fried their cards when they tried overclocking? wtf....
Old 03-28-11, 11:22 PM   #331
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Yeah that was impressive "evidence" RoadHog. One guy with 10 posts says his blew up, and one link that my browser won't translate and pull up.

It's a sweeping trend.

As for the benches, been busy with my real job.

I've only run three benches on it at 57X10, the 590 was within 1-2fps of the GTX480 Sli it replaced.

Feel free to link me to a post from the Ukraine that translates "In harmonizing toast jumping GTX590, expedient sacrilege warm but gentle" now to make your point. Seems to be what you're best at.
Translated perfectly here. Maybe you should get a better browser...
Old 03-28-11, 11:23 PM   #332
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Quote:
Does AMD feed you this stuff RoadHog? Or did you just happen to be on a forum in a language Google wouldn't translate for me trying to read up on 590 failures?

I_smell_more_anti-NVIDIA_FUD_from_our_main_source.

Two people is "dropping like flies"? Uh huh.
The "puff of smoke" incidents can't be good for Nvidia's press. Yes, some people are pushing the cards outside of their limits, but that's the reason there's OCP in place. The fact that a defect in a driver is causing this issue is worrying. Sort of like the drivers that liked to keep the fans from spinning up?

The fact that this is happening on a $700 flagship card is worrying. If I had just spent that sort of money on a video card just to watch it die, I would be pissed. What's worse is that there are reports of cards dying just from overclocking them. I thought these were supposed to be "hand picked" GTX 580 cores... More marketing BS, eh? Nvidia is good at that sometimes. It just seems like this is a case of "Oops. We pushed the current architecture too far. Time for something new."

Another report. This time, no overclocking. Just normal operation.

http://translate.google.com/translat...count%3D352%27

Honestly, why are you defending Nvidia here? Are you sure you're not on their payroll? They goofed, and so you attempt to cover their ass?

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP

Old 03-29-11, 12:20 AM   #333
Viral
Registered User of Women

Page 24
Quote:
http://itbbs.pconline.com.cn/diy/12801788.html

Check out the sound on that slide. They say 10db difference is perceived as "twice as loud".

The GTX480 was only 5db louder than a 5870 last year when all the uproar about "too loud" went on, and now the 6990 has double the noise difference. Will be interesting to see how this is received.
Then....
Page 27
Quote:
Not like you make it easy as you can't seem to link to a website from an English speaking country that supports any of your views.
Page 29
Quote:
Page 30
Quote:
Hypocrisy 101 with Rollo.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Old 03-29-11, 12:24 AM   #334
Roadhog
Resident Alien

lol rollowned.
Old 03-29-11, 03:43 AM   #335
sammy sung

This looks a lot like the 8800 GTX launch to me with it's resistor faults, bricked cards etc. I rma'd my 8800 4 times (one was doa and the bfg that replaced it died within 5 minutes after installation), switched brands 3 times during 6 months before i got one without issues.

I and others had issues with it but most on this board never had one problem so it isn't impossible this is something similar and that it will be sorted. Would i be alarmed ? Sure, atm i wouldn't buy one, i'd opt for something tried and tested instead like the 580 or wait for a hardware revision.
Old 03-29-11, 03:44 AM   #336
K007

**** can we shut this thread already.
Closed Thread