Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-06-03, 10:10 PM   #13
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
They already have something like this of sorts. Nothing official like ATI has, but I like the way it's done with NVIDIA drivers better anyway. By them not excluding drivers for a certain group of users, more people with different hardware can test them and so forth.
The big problem obviously being, "where do you send your feedback on these beta drivers?"
Old 08-06-03, 10:42 PM   #14
reever2

Does Nvidia have any sort of email addy's for tech support? Or is it always the manufacturer who takes the questions? I looked all over the Nvidia website for some sort of email addy because I have a problem with my nforce2 chipset and Epox never answers/explains anything
reever2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-03, 12:51 AM   #15
ricercar
fugue master

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisRay
Uh where is this (Brian Burke) thread?
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...threadid=16032
Old 08-07-03, 07:20 AM   #16
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by reever2
Does Nvidia have any sort of email addy's for tech support? Or is it always the manufacturer who takes the questions? I looked all over the Nvidia website for some sort of email addy because I have a problem with my nforce2 chipset and Epox never answers/explains anything
Taken from NVIDIA's support page.

Quote:
We do not sell any products directly to end users so we do not have a staff dedicated to end-user technical support. If you are having a problem with any NVIDIA-based product, please contact either the PC or board manufacturer of your product.
For this reason, I can understand why NVIDIA's folks don't "haunt" message boards. I can seee more where ATI would do this because they actually sell products with their corporate name on them and provide phone/e-mail/return support.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-03, 08:05 AM   #17
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by Rollo
To date, I have emailed Brian Burke, Derek Perez, and Carrie Cowan asking them why they had to devalue the 5800 by taking it off their website, and telling the reviewers they have learned from that mistake.

None of them have replied.

And I've e-mailed different ATI reps and NONE responded
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-03, 08:38 AM   #18
digitalwanderer

Quote:
To date, I have emailed Brian Burke, Derek Perez, and Carrie Cowan asking them why they had to devalue the 5800 by taking it off their website, and telling the reviewers they have learned from that mistake.

Curse a lot and rant, it works for me and they reply pretty darned quickly too. (Although they're generally a whole lot less than pleasant...they really need to work on their people skills a bit! )
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-03, 08:39 AM   #19
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Really? I've never had any problem with ATi correspondence since they did their big quality turn-around.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-03, 12:02 PM   #20
Rollo

Quote:
Curse a lot and rant, it works for me and they reply pretty darned quickly too. (Although they're generally a whole lot less than pleasant...they really need to work on their people skills a bit! )
LOL THAT must be my problem! I was polite and they only respond to scathing flames!

Oh well. I sold the 5800, bought a 9800Pro, so I've done the most I can to them:
1. Bought their competitor's product.
2. Told my story more than a few times in public forums.

Do they care? No. Will losing me as a customer matter to them? No.
Another of life's little exercises in futility.
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-03, 02:37 PM   #21
Steppy
Radeon 10K Pro

Quote:

I have purchased a TNT1, TNT2, GF SDR, GF2 64MB, GF2 Pro, GF3, GF4 Ti4400, and GF FX5800, all new, all at Best Buy. I've pimped their stuff on many bbs, and I was one of VERY few people defending the 5800. (and still do) I can't be one of their "worst" customers, and I don't even rank a simple reply like,"We're sorry. The decision was made to distance ourselves from that card."

No.

They just sold off their nV30s to the board makers, who sold them to us at premium prices because there hadn't been a nVidia card for a long time, and washed their hands of it.

To me, that customer support is LACKING.

And I STILL think the nV30 is fine, the nV35 stellar.
I remember seeing one of said threads at anandtech. While you have the right to your opinion, the concensus I picked up from sharky's and rage3d(both linked to said thread) and IMO you had almost no validity to the arguments you tried to use. At least you seem to have taken a step back and reexamined things from a more clear headed stance.
Old 08-07-03, 04:45 PM   #22
Rytr
SuperMod

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
LOL! Yeah, I guess once you get 'em all worked up and they reply their people skills would be lacking a little. Course if that is what it takes to get a response I would just as soon avoid it.

I tend to agree with you about Ati.
Rytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-03, 06:07 PM   #23
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
I always get a response within 24hrs... dunno why they would'nt respond to you...
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-03, 08:23 PM   #24
Rollo

Quote:
While you have the right to your opinion, the concensus I picked up from sharky's and rage3d(both linked to said thread) and IMO you had almost no validity to the arguments you tried to use. At least you seem to have taken a step back and reexamined things from a more clear headed stance.
Yeah, well, you know how it goes Steppy:
You put yourself through college a few times, survive in corporate America, try to be a good husband/father/neighbor in your suburb, only to find out some guys you'll never meet think you're a dumbass because of your opinions about video cards.

I'm truly a Sisyphus for our age......

Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote