Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-18-03, 10:34 AM   #37
styles-T
-========-

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
And I've e-mailed different ATI reps and NONE responded
I've owned nvidia ever since its debut..never got tech support..ever..

This is my second ATI Card - they have good tech support - Ive always got a reply..cant complain in this area..Even though Nvidia is still #1 in my book..
Old 08-18-03, 10:34 AM   #38
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Think they're going to change their policies?
Quote:
Originally posted by The Baron
Yes.
Out of curiousity, what makes you think so? I thought about 2-3 weeks ago that they were really going to make a sincere effort and I got proven totally wrong, what is it that indicates to you that they really are planning on changing?
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-03, 10:51 AM   #39
The Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Out of curiousity, what makes you think so? I thought about 2-3 weeks ago that they were really going to make a sincere effort and I got proven totally wrong, what is it that indicates to you that they really are planning on changing?
I've been right about NVIDIA's PR department in the past. I think I'll be right here again.
Old 08-18-03, 10:53 AM   #40
Kombatant
K to the max!

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
And I've e-mailed different ATI reps and NONE responded
It could be because you have a reputation of being a forum nazi
Old 08-18-03, 10:54 AM   #41
digitalwanderer

Quote:
I've been right about NVIDIA's PR department in the past. I think I'll be right here again.
Really? I'm not familar with your previous calls & insites into nVidia's PR...what was that about?

I just don't see how they can change at all with Derek Perez at the helm there...he just does NOT "get it" at ALL!

It's kind of impossible to fix a problem you don't have a problem with....
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-18-03, 10:54 AM   #42
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kombatant
It could be because you have a reputation of being a forum nazi
No, no...they responded to me...
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-18-03, 11:03 AM   #43
The Baron

Dig, I predicted the PR blitz that occurred recently. More importantly, though, I predicted that they would release info about their optimizations and how they would try to make sure that they didn't affect IQ in order to have a clean slate for NV40.

But yes. They will start visiting boards. It's been far too successful for ATI for NVIDIA to simply ignore it.
Old 08-18-03, 11:10 AM   #44
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Dig, I predicted the PR blitz that occurred recently. More importantly, though, I predicted that they would release info about their optimizations and how they would try to make sure that they didn't affect IQ in order to have a clean slate for NV40.

But yes. They will start visiting boards. It's been far too successful for ATI for NVIDIA to simply ignore it.
Ok, NOW I get what you're saying more. I thought you were implying they're going to do a 180 degree turn-around and get honest and quit lying, all you're saying is they ARE going to be making a board presence soon.

You're not saying that you think they're going to change their tactics, just that they're going to add talking on BBs to it.

It makes MUCH more sense that way!

I'm personally looking forward to them coming on the boards, I got a LOT I wanna talk to them about....

They can't just blatantly lie on boards, they'll get called on it. They can't retract words or change them after the fact, which I like the idea of having something to hold them to in writing.

And they'll have to deal with me, which I REALLY like.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]

Old 08-18-03, 12:38 PM   #45
GlowStick
CoD4!

Send a message via AIM to GlowStick

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
From my solitary experience, nVidia's stance when someone pokes fun at them is to threaten legal action.
When did this legal action take place? In your head?
Old 08-18-03, 12:52 PM   #46
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by GlowStick
When did this legal action take place? In your head?
Yeah, I made it all up..

My ISP were threatened with legal action by nVidia unless they removed the 'defamatory content' they were hosting (a.k.a. a spoof of a nVidia press release I knocked up which you might well remember). Now, I don't mind them asking for it to be removed, but the level of heavy-handiness demonstrated by them was excessive.

They also said that they would like to get in touch with me regarding their products (which I agreed to), but so far nVidia have completely failed to get in contact with me, despite having my details given to them as requested.
Old 08-18-03, 12:57 PM   #47
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
They also said that they would like to get in touch with me regarding their products (which I agreed to), but so far nVidia have completely failed to get in contact with me, despite having my details given to them as requested.
Don't hold your breath, they already got what they wanted from you.
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
Old 08-18-03, 02:08 PM   #48
MikeC
Administrator

Patti Mikula NEVER EVER answers my emails, I don't hold it against ATI. So, she's no Brian Burke what can I say?

Reality dictates that there will always be issues, intellgience requires us to search for answers. I welcome NVIDIA and ATI to the forums we will ban anyone who hampers them from helping solve problems in the community. We have a zero tolerance level for abusers.

Volt is not a forum Nazi
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote