Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-21-11, 05:48 PM   #37
Bearclaw

Default Re: Leaked internal video from Microsoft shows their stupid plans for the future of P

If Microsoft made QUALITY games that I could buy from Steam and need NO EXTRA software to run other than the game itself, I would happily buy. That won't happen though, so, I won't.
Old 03-21-11, 06:42 PM   #38
Rakeesh

Default Re: Leaked internal video from Microsoft shows their stupid plans for the future of P

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
ms can foad, really. I rarely ever cuss, but the first time I saw I had to log in to gfwl on a steam purchase...it wasn't pretty. They don't give a rats ass about supporting pc gaming whatsoever.
I'm not so sure about that. MS makes the best gaming development tools in the entire industry. The directx API suite is leagues ahead of everything else, even John Carmack recently said it's far better than OpenGL these days.

MS also makes hands down THE BEST developer IDE ever. It's like the rolls royce of programming suites, it makes coding as easy as writing a word document. Auto formatting, auto-complete of variable names, real-time syntax error checking, being able to edit your code while the program is running...and these are only a handful of all of its features.

Best of all is all of this is free.
Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 06:56 PM   #39
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
The avatars are as ugly now as they were when first launched. I can't stand them.

Microsofts big PC gaming revolution will be bringing avatar customisation to PC users so they can buy useless clothes junk.

They should be doing the following.

1. Start selling all MS Game Studio games on Steam
2. Port Gears 2, Alan Wake and Halo 3/ODST/Reach correctly to the PC
The Gears of War franchise is owned by Epic. And after not getting the respect they feel they deserved on Gears 1 on PC, they probably won't be releasing another PC version of the series. There were some rumors about a Gears 3 release on PC, though. Which is pretty stupid if people haven't played the 2nd.

I will be pre-ordering Gears 3 on 360 so I can play the beta in about a month.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 07:18 PM   #40
Skinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
The avatars are as ugly now as they were when first launched. I can't stand them.

Microsofts big PC gaming revolution will be bringing avatar customisation to PC users so they can buy useless clothes junk.

They should be doing the following.

1. Start selling all MS Game Studio games on Steam
2. Port Gears 2, Alan Wake and Halo 3/ODST/Reach correctly to the PC
It has to be that way it seems We allmost to a point that we should be happy that a game will run on a pc thes days.

I would buy those games immediatly.

I also run Windows for gaming alone.
*Intel i7@3,8gHz*Asus P6T Deluxe* 2x Sapphire HD7970 3GB Crossfire *6 GB Corsair Dominator 1600C8*OCZ Vertex 120 GB SSD*adaptec 19160U160*Intel X25 80 GB Quantum Atlas 15KII SCSI U160 147Gig* WD Raptor 300 GB*Apple 24" LED Cinema *X-Fi Titanium*Logitech Z5500*Coolmaster RP 1000W*W7 64 Home *
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 07:19 PM   #41
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I agree with Deemed on this one. The ONLY reason I use Windows is for gaming and for work apps. OS X and Nix do everything else I need to do, the Blu-Ray player does the Blu-Ray . . every once in a while lol. I still rock the DVDs.

As for MS doing this promo vid, did anyone really NOT see this coming? XBOX 360 is their gaming platform and will continue to be for a long time. Items like Steam will continue to show how powerful the PC market is and if things get too bad, the PC gaming community can show their power too.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-11, 08:19 PM   #42
mojoman0

Nielsen already determined that middle aged women were the biggest pc gaming demographic.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/...40609_fnl1.pdf

Quote:
Females 25 years of age and older make up the largest block of PC game players
accounting for 46.2 percent of all players and 54.6 percent of all game play minutes in
December 2008.
• The most played games on the PC are card games from Microsoft, with the most played
game being Solitaire with over 17 million players for the month of December 2008.
• Females 55+ over index in terms of their PC game play versus all other demographic
groups.
this program seems to want kids to take the crown back
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 03:57 PM   #43
CaptnStubing

Oh geeze more crying. Look MS is in business to make money. Stop acting as if they have to form a business model you like. Don't like their products, don't buy them. I won't because they don't offer anything I like. Either way stop crying about a company wanting to make money for its shareholders. If they fail, oh well.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 11:15 AM   #44
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Nielsen already determined that middle aged women were the biggest pc gaming demographic.
this program seems to want kids to take the crown back
I don't think so, seems to be aimed at the same market.

Old 03-25-11, 11:24 AM   #45
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Oh geeze more crying. Look MS is in business to make money. Stop acting as if they have to form a business model you like. Don't like their products, don't buy them. I won't because they don't offer anything I like. Either way stop crying about a company wanting to make money for its shareholders. If they fail, oh well.
We're their customers so yes they do need to form a business model to milk more money out of us. People are not crying about Microsoft making money, since they make enough of it. As long as they don't push this **** onto us then fine, like GFWL.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 02:09 PM   #46
dairy hick
*BANNED*

I wish Microsoft would stay the hell out of PC Gaming. I'd like for DX11 to be their last version of D3D and it would also be great if they'd cut their stupid WHQL driver testing.
dairy hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 02:20 PM   #47
Yaboze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairy hick View Post
I wish Microsoft would stay the hell out of PC Gaming. I'd like for DX11 to be their last version of D3D and it would also be great if they'd cut their stupid WHQL driver testing.
I kind of agree here.

Before anyone can even get up to speed on any new DX, they come out with another.

There are tons of DX10 cards out there, not as many DX11, but DX9 still dominates over 8 years after the fact. Look at Crysis 2, it looks pretty darn good for DX9. I wouldn't be surprised if OpenGL doesn't come back. The Mac and all mobiles use it, don't they?
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-11, 02:58 PM   #48
HiCZoK4

OpenGL is able to render all that as well. Just look at RAGE
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote