Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 10-26-11, 05:33 PM   #1
jkmetal

Default Most frustrating game

Which games have really gotten you seeing red?

For me its the trackmania game series... One little ****ing mistake and your whole race is ****ed. I m working through trackmania 2 at the moment, trying to get gold on all of the tracks (halfway through red flag tracks). I restarted one track (d04) 95 times to earn the gold.

Other games have ticked me off a bit, but none of them anything like this one.

What games, levels or moments have gotten your blood boiling?
Old 10-26-11, 05:49 PM   #2
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: Most frustrating game

Battlefield 3 MP

Killed by people under the map (operation metro the guy was under the rocks kill cam showed a gun from under a little hill, he was inside / under it), killed by people that are invisible or at least are to the kill cam, killed every time you try to move, my gun is a squirt gun yours is real... nothing like emptying a clip into someone's head and then getting shot once and dying while reloading... I'm beginning to absolutely hate unlock trees - makes it impossible for someone that is level 1 to compete with a level 20 that has much higher powered weapons... I want companies to stop that **** already.

...either people have already hacked the hell outta the game or they are exploiting every bug that still exists from the beta. Either way I was about ready to uninstall it today it was so frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 05:49 PM   #3
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

must have tried this level at least 30 times, but that's one of my favorite games though. the trick was that when you swing, on some jumps if you don't let go of the whip early, the momentum would carry you too far and you drop into the next hole.
the game itself is not that challenging. just the level... Overall, Metro 2033 on normal difficulty is probably the hardest.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 05:52 PM   #4
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Battlefield 3 MP

Killed by people under the map (operation metro the guy was under the rocks kill cam showed a gun from under a little hill, he was inside / under it), killed by people that are invisible or at least are to the kill cam, killed every time you try to move, my gun is a squirt gun yours is real... nothing like emptying a clip into someone's head and then getting shot once and dying while reloading... I'm beginning to absolutely hate unlock trees - makes it impossible for someone that is level 1 to compete with a level 20 that has much higher powered weapons... I want companies to stop that **** already.

...either people have already hacked the hell outta the game or they are exploiting every bug that still exists from the beta. Either way I was about ready to uninstall it today it was so frustrating.
you are putting WAY too much emphasis on the guns/unlocks. it is all about experience, and whether you learn from it any good player can dominate with the worst guns. i attribute MAYBE 10% of deaths could be reversed if weapons were balanced, but even that is pushing it.
Old 10-26-11, 05:59 PM   #5
de><ta
prodigy

Dark Souls...

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 06:02 PM   #6
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
you are putting WAY too much emphasis on the guns/unlocks. it is all about experience, and whether you learn from it any good player can dominate with the worst guns. i attribute MAYBE 10% of deaths could be reversed if weapons were balanced, but even that is pushing it.
Sadly, I wish that were true... my k/d was always under 1.0 until I unlocked the M249 today. Been trying to get my hands back on it as I was a killing machine with it in the beta. With the 249 I'm finally able to compete again and finish with + k/d. Not that k/d means everything in Rush or Conquest but you are a lot more effective alive then shot.

It just sucks I had to suffer so many bad rounds to get my hands back on that beast again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 06:07 PM   #7
jkmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by de><ta View Post
Dark Souls...
I ve heard enough about this game to know that I d simply destroy something while playing it.
Old 10-26-11, 06:07 PM   #8
bob saget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Sadly, I wish that were true... my k/d was always under 1.0 until I unlocked the M249 today. Been trying to get my hands back on it as I was a killing machine with it in the beta. With the 249 I'm finally able to compete again and finish with + k/d. Not that k/d means everything in Rush or Conquest but you are a lot more effective alive then shot.

It just sucks I had to suffer so many bad rounds to get my hands back on that beast again.
thats true some guns are a lot better, but if you are having better results with that gun, it just means your game style goes well with the mechanics of that gun. the key is to change up your gameplay so that with any gun you can dominate. obviously this is easier said than done

Old 10-26-11, 06:21 PM   #9
jkmetal

Mulitiplayer games have always kinda ticked me off. The learning curve is steep in most games, especially online shooters. Maybe my skills are teh suck but I ve died a few too many times to enjoy the experience.
Old 10-26-11, 06:26 PM   #10
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by de><ta View Post
Dark Souls...
Dam straight. Final Fantasy Tactics also goes in my books. Some battles can just be so unfair.
Old 10-26-11, 06:39 PM   #11
Logical

PES or FIFA... nothing worse than leading for the whole game and then losing it in the last 5 mins...Went through at least 3 joypads playing pes 6.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-11, 06:57 PM   #12
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942

Super Mario The Lost Levels
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote