Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-25-11, 08:24 PM   #193
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Official Crysis 2 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
crysis 1 ran like crap because it was ahead of its time, now we can run it great and it is still the best looking game
I just played about 5 minutes of Crysis Warhead. Guess what? IT CRASHED. AWESOME GAME! BEST GAEM EVAR!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:33 PM   #194
Rummy

Hold on I will gift it to you in a sec. Steam is offline for me right now.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:39 PM   #195
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I just played about 5 minutes of Crysis Warhead. Guess what? IT CRASHED. AWESOME GAME! BEST GAEM EVAR!
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 09:48 PM   #196
walterman
Rayne

Post Re: Official Crysis 2 Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Care to elaborate? Graphics? Game play? Physics/overall design? What makes it a masterpiece?
I was talking about the coding of course. It's really really well optimized. The gfx quality & speed is really outstanding. I'm playing at +-60fps in my system with the hardcore settings, and it runs like 2-3x times better than Crysis 1 did. I was not expecting this sort of performance & quality, so, i'm really surprised with the coding.

In short, it's the best optimized game engine that i have seen in years.
ASUS Rampage Formula X48 | Xeon 3350 @ 3.6 GHz (450x8/1.26v) | 4x1GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper CL3 @ 900 MHz 3-4-4-15 | 1 x eVGA GTX 285 SSC | 1 x ASUS EN8800GTX (PhysX/CUDA -> Burnt by nVidia 196.75 driver) | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCIe | 1 x Intel X25-M G2 80GB | 2 x 750GB WD RE2 7500AYYS SATA2 16MB | Samsung SH-B083L SATA | Enermax Revolution 1250W | Samsung SyncMaster 275T 27" 1920x1200 | Thermaltake Black Armor | BloodRayne 2 FSAA Patch
walterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 10:05 PM   #197
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterman View Post
I was talking about the coding of course. It's really really well optimized. The gfx quality & speed is really outstanding. I'm playing at +-60fps in my system with the hardcore settings, and it runs like 2-3x times better than Crysis 1 did. I was not expecting this sort of performance & quality, so, i'm really surprised with the coding.

In short, it's the best optimized game engine that i have seen in years.
Sounds good. Infinity Ward puts out very well polished engines as well. Despite MW2's shortcomings, the engine and game itself was very well done.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 10:51 PM   #198
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Remember when they used the Quake engine?

No reason, just remembering...

Can you imagine Crysis on the quake engine?

What other things can we imagine?

Can you imagine a new sound?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 11:16 PM   #199
m3dude

the silence by yodastar and soet is deafening!!!
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 11:47 PM   #200
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Weird... I thought it ran well for my PC, whereas the original Crysis ran like a dogs anus in a hotdog factory no matter what. And it still looks great.
u cant say c1 ran like dog and now say c2 runs amazing....the gpu advancement since c1 is huge....

c2 brings nothing new to the table so ofcourse it will run smooth with 2010/2011 hardware..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-11, 12:37 AM   #201
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
crysis 1 ran like crap because it was ahead of its time, now we can run it great and it is still the best looking game
Absolutely.

I don't understand how anyone can say Crysis 2 looks anywhere near as good as Crysis 1. Yeah, Crysis 1 had a pretty lame story, there was way too much distance between enemies, and on the highest settings it ran like crap at release. It runs butter smooth on todays hardware and Crytek did say before release that it would take at least 18 months for hardware to catch up to the game.

Crysis 2 currently doesn't look anywhere near as good as Crysis 1. Now, if they release a dx10/dx11 patch that might change things but right now.... it's an XBox game (7800GT) running on your PC. I'm not saying it's on par with Half Life 1 graphics wise or even Half Life 2 but come on... people saying looks better than Crysis 1??? They need to lay off the funny mushrooms.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 02:28 AM   #202
crainger

Who cares if Crysis 1 looks better? It's the lesser of the two games. Crysis 2 is a far more complete package. The Graphics are still very good, the sound is so much better, the guns are far more interesting and are more fun to fire. The energy sub machine gun is awesome. Pulling off heavy machine guns, clamping down maximum armour and wiping a squad out stomping around like Robocop is great fun. Or you can dart in and out cloaking and stealth killing like a Predator. Plus the extra suit powers are handy. Enemy route display so you can plan, and awesome air stomp to surprise a group of guards from the air.

You guys should give it a chance. It's one of the best shooters out in a long while. A long while.
Old 03-26-11, 03:01 AM   #203
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I'm not quite understanding anyone who thinks crysis 2 dosnt look as good as 1. I can't think of a single thing crysis 1 did that looks better. Crysis 2 visualy does everything 1 did, but a little better in all ways. Water looks better, shadows look better (much better resolution, less jagged edges, I don't notice the change overs between distances as much). The lighting is amazing, staring into light and light shafts create an amazing number of effects. Fire is quite well done and smoke is on the level of the call of duty series.

That said, there are a number of lame shortcuts that I saw and didn't like. Reflections. Sitting puddles and building windows all fell back to Environment textures for reflections instead of realtime textures that I have come to expect. Also on of the splendors or crysis 1 was you could allways reach.. what you see. Do you see a mountain? some how some way you could reach it, maybe even with a little wall hack cheating. island? no problem.. you can get there. one side of the gulf to the other? swim, boat, what ever.

I can't do that in crysis 2... I can't reach the majority of what I see which makes it hard for me to belive its real, rather then a fake miniature rendered to be viewed at a distance only. nice tall building, can I go around it? see whats on the other side? nope. This is why I love GTA4.

Anyways, after a couple of hours of playing, I'll prolly play it through, but I didn't find it as fun as crysis 1. The city landscape is horribly restrictive, and the claim that there is more vertical play to make up the difference is false. You rarely have several upper paths to pursue. Also the game pretty much requires you to run around stealthed. For one, there are enemies EVERY where! You literally cannot step away 10 yards before running into firing range of another enemy. This made it very hard to move from one scene to the next (and enjoy the visuals while you are at it) because before you knew it, you just alerted everyone on the block you were there and every single one of them will shoot at you. So you pretty much need to run around stealthed even when everyone is dead, so you don't end up blowing your cover as soon as you get to the next scenario.

Also the stealth to scene detection is buggy as hell. A mission I just finished had me making my way over a harbor (to destroy the computer at the lab) and I took the left side path. There is a concrete barrier (left side is a road) that extends most of the way.. of which every npc in the harbor will not only see you behind, but waste thousands of rounds of bullets shooting at you through concrete. it wasn't just one section of the wall.. it was from end to end. I started running out of bullets cause I shot so many that tried to sneak around when I cloaked.

Also I found the assortment of weapons to be bland. you are locked from attachments until you discover them all, which doesn't happen often enough. Also after a pretty brief stint with the aliens and learning how to upgrade my suit with them, they suddenly went away and so aside from the tier 1 unlocks, don't expect to unlock any more suit bonuses for a while I guess.

Maybe I'm just tired of regular first person shooters, either give me a gravity gun... or put in dragons and let me cast spells!
Old 03-26-11, 03:43 AM   #204
crainger

Well the setting itself will play a huge part in why people flock towards Crysis 1. Tropical Island or New York under siege? I know which I'd prefer, and no amount of Zelda_fan turning into mucus could get me to choose New York.

As for the unlocks, it's a pretty long game, 12hrs I hear most, so you'll unlock a lot more. Plus the bigger aliens you encounter later give more XP. Stop being impatient.