Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-11, 10:49 AM   #1
Airbrushkid
 
Airbrushkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,420
Default Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

I just found Crysis 2 for $24.99.

EDIT: Link removed.
__________________
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors

Last edited by ViN86; 04-01-11 at 09:23 AM.
Airbrushkid is offline  
Old 03-29-11, 11:17 AM   #2
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

The website screams scam...
 
Old 03-29-11, 12:46 PM   #3
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

Its probably a key for EA download manager like the other key sites. I've got one I use, they are legit and cheaper than retail... but we can't post the link here because someone believes they buy 3000 copies from Walmart, open them, sell them, then return them. I've never seen a walmart with 3000 copies of any PC game but whatever. Some people will believe anything they read on the internet.

Basically they will send you a scan from a retail package with the key from probably europe you take it to EA Download Manager like steam and activate it to your account. You can download the game through it like steam, its legit and keys work online. I bought my copy of Crysis 2 this way. I'm not familiar with that particular site though.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline  
Old 03-29-11, 12:53 PM   #4
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
Its probably a key for EA download manager like the other key sites. I've got one I use, they are legit and cheaper than retail... but we can't post the link here because someone believes they buy 3000 copies from Walmart, open them, sell them, then return them. I've never seen a walmart with 3000 copies of any PC game but whatever. Some people will believe anything they read on the internet.

Basically they will send you a scan from a retail package with the key from probably europe you take it to EA Download Manager like steam and activate it to your account. You can download the game through it like steam, its legit and keys work online. I bought my copy of Crysis 2 this way. I'm not familiar with that particular site though.
It's illegal, end of story. Stop trying to defend your bull**** sites.
 
Old 03-29-11, 02:05 PM   #5
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It's illegal, end of story. Stop trying to defend your bull**** sites.
+1
nekrosoft13 is offline  
Old 03-29-11, 02:28 PM   #6
grey_1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
I just found Crysis 2 for $24.99.

EDIT: Link removed
reseller ratings never heard of it. I wouldn't...

Last edited by ViN86; 04-01-11 at 09:23 AM.
 
Old 03-29-11, 05:07 PM   #7
Bearclaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Scam/illegal
 
Old 03-29-11, 09:45 PM   #8
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
It's illegal, end of story. Stop trying to defend your bull**** sites.
Proof?
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline  

Old 03-29-11, 09:55 PM   #9
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

its not illegal its just Valve has a list of authorized vendors for steam products and these resellers are unauthorized vendors. It is prohibited by Valve and they have the authority to cancel your key if they want to. Some sites appear to be illegal if they get their keys from stolen credit cards or what have you. Just read a bunch of forum discussions and came to this conclusion
mojoman0 is offline  
Old 03-29-11, 10:02 PM   #10
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,134
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abtomat74 View Post
The phone # for their support is: 123-456-7890

Enough said...OK I'll add this for their sales email: sales@example.com
bob saget is offline  
Old 03-29-11, 10:21 PM   #11
Retrolock
 
Retrolock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,298
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

I'd wager people will still buy from that site and will email sales@example.com demanding their cd keys
__________________
i7-2600k, Xspc rs240, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, 8gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 RIPJAWSX CL7, PoV GTX 670, Corsair HX1000W, 128GB Vertex 4, WD 1tb Caviar Black, 500 & 320gb Seagate
Retrolock is offline  
Old 03-29-11, 10:36 PM   #12
Greedo
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: mos eisley cantina
Posts: 1,259
Default Re: Crysis 2 Limited Edition PC Game $24.99 Anyone ever heard of this place?

i wonder how their handbags are...
Greedo is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.