Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-09-12, 08:38 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default Diablo 3 PVP dropped.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...o-make-launch/

Quote:
When a release date is nearing and a crucial game feature is falling behind, what is a studio to do? If you're Blizzard and you're looking at the fate of one of the biggest titles of the year, you yank the offending feature from the game so as to not delay the entire product.

Blizzard announced today that Diablo III's PvP is not living up to the studio's standards and that it will be removing it for now in order to keep the game on track for launch. So why not just hold back the game until it's completely ready? In the words of the studio, "We ultimately felt that delaying the whole game purely for PvP would just be punishing to everyone who's waiting to enjoy the campaign and core solo/co-op content, all of which is just about complete."

Diablo III's PvP functionality will be restored at an unspecified later date with multiple Arena maps, achievements, personal progression, and a matchmaking system.
Any guesses on how much this DLC will cost us? You know their not going to provide it for free... They will make some bull**** excuse like they did with Starcraft, "oh we just had some much content that we had to make it a separate product!" This is thanks to all those who bought that 1/3 game called Starcraft 2.
Old 03-09-12, 10:14 PM   #2
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Diablo 3 PVP dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
This is thanks to all those who bought that 1/3 game called Starcraft 2.
Starcraft 2 on it's own is awesome. Not sure who really bought that game for SP anyways.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 12:39 AM   #3
jcrox
Mahna Mahna

Personally I think it's inevitable. Sooner or later games will have 2 separate pieces to pay for (if not more) - SP and MP and I wouldn't be surprised to find that one won't work without the other. It's their way of saying "Look over here, we're not raising the price of a game, we're giving you 2 games!!!".

Capitalism requires perpetual, unending growth no matter how improbable, impractical or impossible that is. If you made 300 trillion in profit this year, 299 trillion in profit next year is unacceptable. They have a shrinking market and it couldn't possibly be the quality of the games (see 'if they made castle wolfenstein today' video) ... it's someone else's fault and therefore they have to come up with gimmicks.

The sad part is I know a few people in the industry and while the Gaming Software companies are looking to make more and more and more they clearly don't feel the need to have any of that trickle down to the people that actually put the work into making the games.

Gaming

MSI MPower Z87 | 4770k | CNPS9900MAX-B | 8GB G.Skill 1866 | EVGA GTX760 |ThermalTake 850w | X-Fi Titanium | HAF | Asus PA248Q | Lycosa | Death Adder | Win8 Pro 64

Dev/Backup

MSI GD65 | 2500k | H50 | 8GB G.skill | GTX570 | Ubuntu 13.10

Laptop

17" Inspiron | i5 | 4GB DDR3 | 500GB HDD | Win7 Pro 64

jcrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-12, 09:26 AM   #4
BioHazZarD
USCM Marine

Send a message via MSN to BioHazZarD

Like i care for pvp.. never did actually in d2.. hardcore only lame pkers everywhere.. it should always been separate arenas like they wanted do it so im sure it will be that now, so if it comes later fine i just want the damn game already.
Chieftec Miditower /w 5 case fans | Corsair 620W HX PSU | Asus M4N98TD EVO SLI | AMD Athlon2 X2 260 3,2GHz | Corsair 3GB PC3-10666 | eVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB (336shader) | Samsung Spinpoint x2 250GB HD +SATA 320GB | SB Audigy 4 @ 2.1 | Samsung Syncmaster BX2331 TFT 23" running 1920x1080@60hz | Windows XP PRO SP2 | |
BioHazZarD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 03:22 AM   #5
ST:DS9

Quote:

Any guesses on how much this DLC will cost us? You know their not going to provide it for free... They will make some bull**** excuse like they did with Starcraft, "oh we just had some much content that we had to make it a separate product!" This is thanks to all those who bought that 1/3 game called Starcraft 2.

Didn't Starcraft 2 have just as much content, if not more, then all 3 campaigns combined of the first one? At least that is what I keep on hearing. So it would not be fair to call it 1/3 of the game, when it has just as much if not more then the first game.
ST:DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 04:45 AM   #6
Vardant

Not even close. Starcraft campaign is maybe 2 or 3 times longer from what I remember.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 09:55 AM   #7
Yaboze

I can't see them charging for it later. They promised features in WoW that were patched in later for free. They have added a lot of free content for WoW in between expansions.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 01:08 PM   #8
Zelda_fan

Quote:

SC2 was awesome what are you talking about? I mean, come on, they have a right to charge for an expansion pack.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-12, 04:39 PM   #9
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

hated pkers in diablo 1, don't care about pvp
Old 03-12-12, 01:09 PM   #10
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Blizz does not do DLC. They do microtransactions and will also be pulling in money from the real money auction house. They do expansion packs but PVP is not an expansion pack. It will continue to be beta tested and released as a patch update when it is ready.

Clearly you havn't spent enough time playing wow.
Old 03-13-12, 12:06 PM   #11
G@merX

No PVP is a big enough strike against them - no PVP and STILL no solid release date, completely shoddy of them.
Old 03-13-12, 01:29 PM   #12
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Lol, as if anyone else is doing any better pvp? I can't blame them for wanting to get it right the first time... if that's shoddy then bring on the shoddy games!