Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-11, 09:37 AM   #73
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Default Re: 12 Ways Console Games are Hurting PC Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Yeah, games run at native but not the FPS games. If a PS3 cannot run driving and fighting games at 1080p then it's a bunch of crap. Most are upscaled.
Even games like Dead Space 2 run at 720p (I've checked a more complete source for the PS3) but still... it's quite good, looks like heaven on that upscaled mode
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 10:08 AM   #74
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Even games like Dead Space 2 run at 720p (I've checked a more complete source for the PS3) but still... it's quite good, looks like heaven on that upscaled mode
I'm sure it does like most things on a big Hi-Def TV but the point being that it's not native 1080p, since depending on the game, the console cannot do native 1080p.

Using tricks to keep most people satisfied is what they do.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 11:20 AM   #75
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
PC enthusiasts are primarly motivated by playing their PC, not just to play games.

A guy who goes for a sunday drive in his BMW is enjoying driving his BMW, it's not about getting from point A to B.

You wouldn't discuss the pros and cons of driving the BMW vs catching the bus with the BMW driver. Even if the bus is cheaper, faster and easier, that's not the point. the point is to drive the damn car. same with PC enthusiasts.

If you are just into playing games then you can probably get used to a console pretty quick.

me, I mainly play games like online FPS and epic strategy games like Empire: Total War. I feel these games are better suited to the PC. Sure many of you can play MW2 with a controller but I can't - It's frustrating and horrible for me. While I'm leet with a mouse and KB. and could you imagine playing Empire: total war on a console?
First truly intelligent post on this page.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 11:27 AM   #76
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
+1

The best description of a PC gamer/enthusiast yet...
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 11:33 AM   #77
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon View Post
PC enthusiasts are primarly motivated by playing their PC, not just to play games.

A guy who goes for a sunday drive in his BMW is enjoying driving his BMW, it's not about getting from point A to B.

You wouldn't discuss the pros and cons of driving the BMW vs catching the bus with the BMW driver. Even if the bus is cheaper, faster and easier, that's not the point. the point is to drive the damn car. same with PC enthusiasts.

If you are just into playing games then you can probably get used to a console pretty quick.

me, I mainly play games like online FPS and epic strategy games like Empire: Total War. I feel these games are better suited to the PC. Sure many of you can play MW2 with a controller but I can't - It's frustrating and horrible for me. While I'm leet with a mouse and KB. and could you imagine playing Empire: total war on a console?
I think this is spot on.

If I play a shooter on a console, I am either shooting at the ground or the sky. It is frustrating so I don't play those games on a console. I love playing with my PC and games on my PC. I think the PC is better in every way. The only problem I have with PC gamers is they constantly complain about consoles and companies making games for consoles. The fact is simple, if there was more money to be made making games for PCs then they would make more games for PC right off the bat. They are in this business to make money. This is why I say if you don't like how they do business don't buy from them and start your own company. Just remember if you have shareholders, they are going to start asking you where is the return on their investment.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 11:34 AM   #78
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Well, if you want intelligent conversation you should probably avoid forums like this.
Old 04-05-11, 11:37 AM   #79
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I think this is spot on.

If I play a shooter on a console, I am either shooting at the ground or the sky. It is frustrating so I don't play those games on a console. I love playing with my PC and games on my PC. I think the PC is better in every way. The only problem I have with PC gamers is they constantly complain about consoles and companies making games for consoles. The fact is simple, if there was more money to be made making games for PCs then they would make more games for PC right off the bat. They are in this business to make money. This is why I say if you don't like how they do business don't buy from them and start your own company. Just remember if you have shareholders, they are going to start asking you where is the return on their investment.
Complaining about the complainers is also just as bad.
Old 04-05-11, 12:31 PM   #80
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Complaining about the complainers is also just as bad.
No it isn't just as bad because I'm not complaining. I telling you how pathetic you guys are when you complain about "video games". This is a complete leisure hobby and you guys rant in here almost daily about how oppressed you are by consoles. Then when games do come out for PC you guys complain about how bad the game is or that you see jaggies. It's rather sad.

The moment someone like me comes down here and points out how sad this attitude is, you guys go nuts. Can't you guys ever just be happy playing your games? Seriously I have been playing minecraft. There is nothing really fancy about the game but I enjoy relaxing while building stuff. That is what gaming is for me, a hobby to enjoy and relax while doing. Ask anyone who has played Left 4 Dead with me. I just have fun exploding stuff. I take the games as they come, some good some bad and some in between.

My point is just have fun and stop complaining. If you are really that unhappy then maybe you should be playing video games.

Old 04-05-11, 12:37 PM   #81
Sean_W

So you're complaining about the complainers again. That's about a hand full of times already.

We have plenty of fun. Where do you get off by saying we don't just because you see people complaining in a forum? Do you think people don't complain about fishing as well? I think you should change your tone because it's getting old but BS if you think PC gamers just complain and not have fun.
Old 04-05-11, 01:03 PM   #82
CaptnStubing

Quote:
So you're complaining about the complainers again. That's about a hand full of times already.

We have plenty of fun. Where do you get off by saying we don't just because you see people complaining in a forum? Do you think people don't complain about fishing as well? I think you should change your tone because it's getting old but BS if you think PC gamers just complain and not have fun.
LOL! The old stand-by, repeat the same line over and over.

How can you complain about fishing when you are asleep most of the time holding a pole? Also who cares about fishing? We are talking about you PC gamers.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. Why in the world would you tell me how to post? LMAO! Look my suggestion to the constant rants about consoles is simple, start your own company. I have given you the solution. Take or keep ranting in forums about consoles. It's your choice.
Old 04-05-11, 01:22 PM   #83
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
LOL! The old stand-by, repeat the same line over and over.

How can you complain about fishing when you are asleep most of the time holding a pole? Also who cares about fishing? We are talking about you PC gamers.

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. Why in the world would you tell me how to post? LMAO! Look my suggestion to the constant rants about consoles is simple, start your own company. I have given you the solution. Take or keep ranting in forums about consoles. It's your choice.
You must be easly pleased if you don't complain about anything and let the mods decide about complainers not you. If you don't like people complaining then perhaps you should avoid forums instead of telling them to stop complaining. Complaining about something is everyone's right and some people are just too easily pleased.

Fishing, cars, PC gaming, people complain just the same. I also think your comment about starting a company is stupid, since you don't need to start a company to prove a point.
Old 04-05-11, 01:45 PM   #84
CaptnStubing

Quote:
You must be easly pleased if you don't complain about anything and let the mods decide about complainers not you. If you don't like people complaining then perhaps you should avoid forums instead of telling them to stop complaining. Complaining about something is everyone's right and some people are just too easily pleased.
There you go again, telling me what to do. LMAO!

I am here to help you out. I am here to show you there is a better way to game instead of all the gnashing of teeth over consoles. The way I see it, you owe me. I helped you out with the solution to your problem. You are lucky I am such a nice guy, I won't charge you for my consultation. A simply thank you will suffice but you are welcome none-the-less.

Quote:
Fishing, cars, PC gaming, people complain just the same. I also think your comment about starting a company is stupid, since you don't need to start a company to prove a point.
You don't start a company to prove a point. You start a company to make money and to pursue your dream of being your own boss and being in control of your product(s). I am not here to prove a point. I am here to provide solutions. Again, no charge for my valuable consultation. And why do you ask I do what I do here? Because I care. I care about you.

You are welcome.