Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-04-11, 07:24 PM   #13
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Pioneer BD-205 (DVD+R DL Burn Error)

i couldn't see the scans before, but now that i see them, you did something wrong. you tried to scan the media with pioneer.

only liteon (mediatek based), samsung, plextor (original sanyo based), some sony (liteon clones), some hp (liteon clones) will scan correctly.

pioneer uses nec chips that don't support correct scanning.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-11, 12:53 AM   #14
technoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
i couldn't see the scans before, but now that i see them, you did something wrong. you tried to scan the media with pioneer.

only liteon (mediatek based), samsung, plextor (original sanyo based), some sony (liteon clones), some hp (liteon clones) will scan correctly.

pioneer uses nec chips that don't support correct scanning.
OPPs... Sorry about that. I seen your comment about the tool working on a Samsung but for some reason I thought you were telling me it worked on a Samsung too. I didn't look at the FAQ about the tool until I read your latest post. I ran the Quality Test again on the disc I burned on my computer using the Pioneer BDR-205 and Changed The Image in my post about it. So check that post again and you'll see the new image of the Disc Quality test. (the top image)
Old 04-07-11, 10:35 AM   #15
technoid

nekrosoft13

I ordered a 30 pack of Verbatim DVD+R 8x Dual Layer discs from newegg last night and will see how they work in the Pioneer BDR-205. I still haven't taken my system apart and installed the Samsung DVD-RW but I have a 2TB drive I want to install so I suppose I'll put in the DVD-RW when I install the hard drive. After retiring my pace slowed down, if it works I don't want to mess with it. The last job I had at Texas Instruments was managing a 100 seat software development lab so I got my fill of messing with computers.

Thanks for all your help and advise it sure is appreciated.