Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-02-11, 09:00 PM   #1
betterdan

Default iOS 4.3.1 changes

Yea I know I'm a little late but I just noticed today that Apple has an iOS update to 4.3.1. I noticed a couple changes on my ipod touch 4G. It fixed a graphical anomaly that would happen every once in a while.
My ipod and the wife's ipad2 also now seem to have little scroll bars appear when moving the screen around, may not be new but we never noticed them before. Also I think it is resizing web sites better on my ipod or that may be my imagination.

Anyone know of any other bug fixes? I know there was an official announcement out but they didn't tell you much besides the ipod grpahical error fix. The reason I am asking is because the ipad2 sometimes has the camera lock up after shooting video and the only way to correct it is to reboot it. I see others on the net having the same issue and I'm wondering if this update may have addressed that problem.
Old 04-02-11, 09:04 PM   #2
Bearclaw

Default Re: iOS 4.3.1 changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
Yea I know I'm a little late but I just noticed today that Apple has an iOS update to 4.3.1. I noticed a couple changes on my ipod touch 4G. It fixed a graphical anomaly that would happen every once in a while.
My ipod and the wife's ipad2 also now seem to have little scroll bars appear when moving the screen around, may not be new but we never noticed them before. Also I think it is resizing web sites better on my ipod or that may be my imagination.

Anyone know of any other bug fixes? I know there was an official announcement out but they didn't tell you much besides the ipod grpahical error fix. The reason I am asking is because the ipad2 sometimes has the camera lock up after shooting video and the only way to correct it is to reboot it. I see others on the net having the same issue and I'm wondering if this update may have addressed that problem.
Nothing that extreme from what I have noticed.

4.3.1 was mainly to address the battery operations which failed in 4.3
Old 04-02-11, 09:07 PM   #3
betterdan

I didn't notice any battery problems with 4.3, what was the problem exactly?
Old 04-02-11, 10:00 PM   #4
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
I didn't notice any battery problems with 4.3, what was the problem exactly?
A software/hardware glitch showed the battery losing MASSIVE amounts of power in short amounts of time. On my iPhone - It would be in my pocket and over 20 minutes lose 50% of battery.
Old 04-02-11, 10:06 PM   #5
betterdan

Hmm didn't notice that on my ipod, the battery seems to last forever.
Old 04-03-11, 11:14 AM   #6
AthlonXP1800

Here are full listing history of IOS changes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote