Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > CPUs, Motherboards And Memory

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-11, 09:33 PM   #13
Roadhog
Resident Alien
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 6,776
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Try setting the Timing "DRAM READ to PRE Time" to 7.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-11, 07:10 PM   #14
fasedww
Pc Gamer
 
fasedww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,578
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
My PC is hard freezing and never comes back. All you can do is completley power off the PC and then power back on. (not sure if reset would work as my case does not have a reset switch). But yeah its a hard freeze (not bluescreen) and only power off and on works, as the PC never recovers from it on its own. Its pretty serious as I could potentially lose data, I am pretty annoyed by it.
I had a hard freeze but the hardrive light was on steady, then it would clear up eventually on its own.
__________________
Asus X79 rampage extreme 4, i7 3930K, 47X100, 4.70 GHZ, ,16 gigs, corsair, 1600mhz, 3 MSI GTX 780's Tri SLI, gtx, Prolimatech Genesis, 2 140mm fan heastsink, Lian Li PC 80 ArmorSuit case, PCPC 1200 watt, window side panel with 120mm blowhole, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD , Asus Blueray sata dvdrw,SSD 256GB Plextor Pro,SSD Patriot Pyro 240gig,SSD Agility 4 256 , 1 300 gig raptor, 1 600 gig raptor, segate 1 gig ,Total Airhead amp, Denon AH-D2000 headphones, Dell Ultra3011, Acer HN274H 120 Hz Lcd, ,26,500 3dmark 11, Win 7 HomePrem.

Rig #2 i7 3930k 4.7GHZ. 16 gig corsair Platinum 2400MHZ, Asus P9X79 DELUXE, 2 7970's Watercooled, Koolance blocks, on 1080 nova rad. 9 fan. 655 swiftech. Cpu heatkiller block, coolgate 240mm rad, 2 fan sycthe 108cfm 655 pump,OCZ 256Gb Vertex 4 ssd, C300 256Gb ssd, Patriot pyro 240Gb ssd, 2 wd 640gig Hd, Lian Li 343 modular case. Asus BD drive, Corsair AX1200 watt, X-FI Titanium HD on Fiio , Shure SRH840 Head phones, Dell Ultra3011, Razer Black Widow Ult. BF3 Edition keyboard, Corsair Vengence M60 Mouse, 3dmark 11 16,500, win 7 homePrem.
fasedww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 10:40 AM   #15
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
Others are having the same issue, check this link out.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037084190
Did you even try mine and Roadhog's suggestions? Or did you dismiss them thinking the freezes are somehow caused by a defective motherboard?

Just because others hare having the issue doesn't mean it's the hardware. People often set memory timings incorrectly or not at all and have instability because of it.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 06:05 PM   #16
Pennyboy
Registered User
 
Pennyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 652
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Did you even try mine and Roadhog's suggestions? Or did you dismiss them thinking the freezes are somehow caused by a defective motherboard?

Just because others hare having the issue doesn't mean it's the hardware. People often set memory timings incorrectly or not at all and have instability because of it.
Hey Vin, sorry mate I have not responded to your post util now, I haven't had my PC as its at the store I bought my parts from. Yeah I was going to try the suggestion but the place I bought my parts from is RMAing the board for a B3 revision. So if I still have the problems with my new board I will set the timings as per your post.
By the time I saw your posts my PC was at the store. I wanted my mobo replaced anyway because it was non B3.
__________________
RIG
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 07:25 PM   #17
fasedww
Pc Gamer
 
fasedww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 1,578
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
Hey Vin, sorry mate I have not responded to your post util now, I haven't had my PC as its at the store I bought my parts from. Yeah I was going to try the suggestion but the place I bought my parts from is RMAing the board for a B3 revision. So if I still have the problems with my new board I will set the timings as per your post.
By the time I saw your posts my PC was at the store. I wanted my mobo replaced anyway because it was non B3.
now I know what I did for that prior two the ssd thing Set the voltage to + 120 not auto our your own setting of voltage. it will increase itself as load is applied mine can go high as 1.46 when doing intel burn test I'm on watercooling.
__________________
Asus X79 rampage extreme 4, i7 3930K, 47X100, 4.70 GHZ, ,16 gigs, corsair, 1600mhz, 3 MSI GTX 780's Tri SLI, gtx, Prolimatech Genesis, 2 140mm fan heastsink, Lian Li PC 80 ArmorSuit case, PCPC 1200 watt, window side panel with 120mm blowhole, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD , Asus Blueray sata dvdrw,SSD 256GB Plextor Pro,SSD Patriot Pyro 240gig,SSD Agility 4 256 , 1 300 gig raptor, 1 600 gig raptor, segate 1 gig ,Total Airhead amp, Denon AH-D2000 headphones, Dell Ultra3011, Acer HN274H 120 Hz Lcd, ,26,500 3dmark 11, Win 7 HomePrem.

Rig #2 i7 3930k 4.7GHZ. 16 gig corsair Platinum 2400MHZ, Asus P9X79 DELUXE, 2 7970's Watercooled, Koolance blocks, on 1080 nova rad. 9 fan. 655 swiftech. Cpu heatkiller block, coolgate 240mm rad, 2 fan sycthe 108cfm 655 pump,OCZ 256Gb Vertex 4 ssd, C300 256Gb ssd, Patriot pyro 240Gb ssd, 2 wd 640gig Hd, Lian Li 343 modular case. Asus BD drive, Corsair AX1200 watt, X-FI Titanium HD on Fiio , Shure SRH840 Head phones, Dell Ultra3011, Razer Black Widow Ult. BF3 Edition keyboard, Corsair Vengence M60 Mouse, 3dmark 11 16,500, win 7 homePrem.
fasedww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 08:08 PM   #18
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
Hey Vin, sorry mate I have not responded to your post util now, I haven't had my PC as its at the store I bought my parts from. Yeah I was going to try the suggestion but the place I bought my parts from is RMAing the board for a B3 revision. So if I still have the problems with my new board I will set the timings as per your post.
By the time I saw your posts my PC was at the store. I wanted my mobo replaced anyway because it was non B3.
Yea, better to replace the board now rather than later.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 09:24 PM   #19
Pennyboy
Registered User
 
Pennyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 652
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Yeah i just don't want the hassle later on down the track with the SATA issue and i am hoping it will also solve the hard freezing!
I have to wait a week approx. they are sending my board back then the suppiler will send down a replacement board. I'm struggling without my PC and missing my gaming
__________________
RIG
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 03:39 AM   #20
Muppet
Registered User
 
Muppet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,130
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
Yeah i just don't want the hassle later on down the track with the SATA issue and i am hoping it will also solve the hard freezing!
I have to wait a week approx. they are sending my board back then the suppiler will send down a replacement board. I'm struggling without my PC and missing my gaming
Who did you buy the Board from. Was it Playtech or Computer Lounge.
__________________
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-11, 08:47 PM   #21
Pennyboy
Registered User
 
Pennyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 652
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
Who did you buy the Board from. Was it Playtech or Computer Lounge.
Hey Muppet, sorry for the late reply I have been away over easter and work has been really busy so haven't had a chance to check out the Nvnews forum to reply back. No it was Dragon PC, they have been really good. They replaced he motherboard and installed it for me, i have had little time to do it and wanted them to put it in and test it as getting over to the other side of CHCH is a nightmare (roads are terrible after the earthquake and traffic is BUSY because a lot of roads are still closed). Anyway I have a B3 P8P67 Deluxe now and so far so good, no freezes yet. Fingers crossed the freezing has all gone!
The RAM tests came out fine, Hard drives passed testing also. All other parts were in my PC before. So that only leaves the videcard or CPU if still issues. I have set memory as suggested by Vin.
__________________
RIG
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-11, 11:01 PM   #22
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
Hey Muppet, sorry for the late reply I have been away over easter and work has been really busy so haven't had a chance to check out the Nvnews forum to reply back. No it was Dragon PC, they have been really good. They replaced he motherboard and installed it for me, i have had little time to do it and wanted them to put it in and test it as getting over to the other side of CHCH is a nightmare (roads are terrible after the earthquake and traffic is BUSY because a lot of roads are still closed). Anyway I have a B3 P8P67 Deluxe now and so far so good, no freezes yet. Fingers crossed the freezing has all gone!
The RAM tests came out fine, Hard drives passed testing also. All other parts were in my PC before. So that only leaves the videcard or CPU if still issues. I have set memory as suggested by Vin.
Ok, so we can (finally) rule out memory haha. Do you have another vid card to try? Have you tried other drivers? Are you using the latest ones?

Odds are you don't have another CPU to test. With the new board, no mem errors, and vid card checking out (if it does), then odds are you may need to RMA the chip.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 01:25 AM   #23
Pennyboy
Registered User
 
Pennyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 652
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Ok, so we can (finally) rule out memory haha. Do you have another vid card to try? Have you tried other drivers? Are you using the latest ones?

Odds are you don't have another CPU to test. With the new board, no mem errors, and vid card checking out (if it does), then odds are you may need to RMA the chip.
Hahah yeah we can rule out the memory and fingers crossed but i used the PC all day today with no freezes. I only got the PC back this morning. So i am thinking it was the motherboard because I would have had a freeze by now, touch wood, the freezing won't happen again!!!.
No I don't have another CPU, but hopefully the freezing has gone for good after the replacement motherboard.
__________________
RIG
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision
Windows 8.1 Pro x64
Pennyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-11, 02:22 AM   #24
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: My PC is Hard freezing!!!!!!! arghh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyboy View Post
Hahah yeah we can rule out the memory and fingers crossed but i used the PC all day today with no freezes. I only got the PC back this morning. So i am thinking it was the motherboard because I would have had a freeze by now, touch wood, the freezing won't happen again!!!.
No I don't have another CPU, but hopefully the freezing has gone for good after the replacement motherboard.
Yea keep your fingers crossed. May have been the motherboard after all. Kind of lucky tbh, since it was up for replacement anyways.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.