Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > General Hardware

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-15-11, 10:40 PM   #25
AngelGraves13

Default Re: New Rig Ideas

I'm surprised no one has said I wasted $120 on a Razer Mamba. I pre-ordered it from Razer and because my shipment was delayed and thought to be damaged, they sent me another Mamba for free.

I received 2 new Razer Mambas. Worked out well, have one running on my Core 2 Duo rig.
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 11:07 PM   #26
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelGraves13 View Post
I'm surprised no one has said I wasted $120 on a Razer Mamba. I pre-ordered it from Razer and because my shipment was delayed and thought to be damaged, they sent me another Mamba for free.

I received 2 new Razer Mambas. Worked out well, have one running on my Core 2 Duo rig.
So you scammed a company, congrats.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 11:35 PM   #27
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
So you scammed a company, congrats.
Nope, EVERYONE who preordered the Mamba got a second shipment for free. They discovered that 50% of the shipments weren't packaged right and arrived broken, so they send everyone a free one. I did not contact them. They sent me an email before my 1st shipment arrived that I would receive a 2nd shipment free of charge. They also apologized for the inconvenience. I was just lucky that my first shipment wasn't damaged.

Roadhog, what is your animosity towards me? Every single reply to me is spiteful. I said I received something for free because Razer messed up, and you assume I stole something.
Old 04-16-11, 12:06 AM   #28
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Nope, EVERYONE who preordered the Mamba got a second shipment for free. They discovered that 50% of the shipments weren't packaged right and arrived broken, so they send everyone a free one. I did not contact them. They sent me an email before my 1st shipment arrived that I would receive a 2nd shipment free of charge. They also apologized for the inconvenience. I was just lucky that my first shipment wasn't damaged.

Roadhog, what is your animosity towards me? Every single reply to me is spiteful. I said I received something for free because Razer messed up, and you assume I stole something.

No animosity. You should have explained what happened in the first place and not be so vague as to leave people guessing. I read it as you bought a mouse, you never got it/assumed it broken, then requested another, yet you got both and decided to keep both.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 12:20 AM   #29
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
No animosity. You should have explained what happened in the first place and not be so vague as to leave people guessing. I read it as you bought a mouse, you never got it/assumed it broken, then requested another, yet you got both and decided to keep both.
My intention was not to be vague, but just to keep it short.
Old 04-16-11, 07:32 AM   #30
grey_1

Quote:
My intention was not to be vague, but just to keep it short.
You weren't vague at all and your threads are getting the heck trolled out of them. Just ignore the troll posts. Plenty of others here to bounce ideas off of.
Old 04-16-11, 09:58 AM   #31
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Wow guys- way to be a bunch of ass hats.

It's his money- let him spend it how he pleases. Offer advice, yes- but don't be a bunch of deuches just because he's spending his cash in a manner you disagree with.
He can spend the money how he likes but he doesn't get it...

Quote:
True, an SSD would be nice, but I need more room for my Steam games. I only have 10 games installed and it hits about 200GBs. Add in Adobe CS5 and other programs I use and 240GB is simply not enough space. I'd have to buy the 400GB SSD which is $1400, which is a joke considering next year a 1TB SSD will be around $400.
Still not getting the point of an SSD you are AngelGraves,
SSD IS ONLY FOR OS ,IS USELESS FOR STORAGE ANYWAY, YOU DONT NEED A LARGE SSD, ITS ONLY FOR THE OPERATING SYSTEM!!!!
Using large SSD's for storage would be a moronic waste of money.
Old 04-16-11, 02:40 PM   #32
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDanger View Post
He can spend the money how he likes but he doesn't get it...

Still not getting the point of an SSD you are AngelGraves,
SSD IS ONLY FOR OS ,IS USELESS FOR STORAGE ANYWAY, YOU DONT NEED A LARGE SSD, ITS ONLY FOR THE OPERATING SYSTEM!!!!
Using large SSD's for storage would be a moronic waste of money.
I'll get an SSD eventually, there's no rush.

I don't need it for storage. I just need enough room for Windows, Adobe CS5, and Steam w/ games. Averages about 300GBs. Right now anything over 120GBs is very expensive in SSD land, so I'll just wait until the next crop before I begin my harvest.

Old 04-16-11, 06:50 PM   #33
[AK]Zip
New Level Of Epic

I think the only way Roadhog will be happy due to you getting 2 keyboards is if you simply box up the one in better condition and send it to me as a gift. We should rename him to RoadVulture.
[AK]Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 07:36 PM   #34
hirantha
SUC SUDO

Quote:

I got a Naga molten for my MMO addiction, wish i got 2 .. Molten is a beauty

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-11, 07:48 PM   #35
Roliath

Quote:
I'll get an SSD eventually, there's no rush.

I don't need it for storage. I just need enough room for Windows, Adobe CS5, and Steam w/ games. Averages about 300GBs. Right now anything over 120GBs is very expensive in SSD land, so I'll just wait until the next crop before I begin my harvest.
Damn CS5 is expensive as hell.

To add to that, cs5 designer standard runs around 1100 or so. That easily could have gotten ya the SSD.
Old 04-17-11, 03:35 PM   #36
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
I'll get an SSD eventually, there's no rush.......Windows, Adobe CS5, and Steam w/ games. Averages about 300GBs.....
yeah sorry for ^^, Shame you cant split steam eh.