Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-14-11, 02:33 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default Wii 2 to be announced at E3

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ole-at-e3.aspx

or so the rumors claim. They also stated that the system will be more powerful then the PS3 and X360 which it should be, if it weren't that would be a bad show on Nintendo's part considering that as of recent many major 3rd party games have been skipping Nintendo's console.

I wouldn't doubt that Nintendo will release another console, their console sales have been on a downward spiral lately and other then Nintendo 1st party games the sales of software on the console has been just as bad if not worse.

Wonder if we will get a glimpse at Sonys or Microsofts next offering.
Old 04-14-11, 03:02 PM   #2
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: Wii 2 to be announced at E3

They changed the world with the Wii. I hope this isnt just a 'refresh' and actually turns out to be innovative.
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 05:06 PM   #3
TheANIMAL

I'm hoping for something which is a multiple of 4 or 5 times more powerful than a ps3 or 360. Then i'd buy it.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 10:36 PM   #4
Ninja Prime

They said "significantly" more powerful than PS3/Xbox360, so I'd guess at least double. One could easily double the performance of them and still be cheap though. Hell if you went with the power/chip sizes of the PS3 and 360 at launch you could probably have something 6-7 times as powerful. I doubt nintendo will though, but I would expect at least 2-3 times.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 10:54 PM   #5
Sean_W

What's this new technology called HD? Oh wait.....
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-11, 11:19 PM   #6
mojoman0

what the hells nintendo gonna do for the controller tho? theyve already been passed in that department and now have to choose which method is best
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 04:32 AM   #7
TheANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
what the hells nintendo gonna do for the controller tho? theyve already been passed in that department and now have to choose which method is best
They were ahead with the motion controller, who knows what they could do, perhaps have a console which can have a more traditional button schemed controller, mixed in with the motion control of a wii remote plus and also have a separate system to rival kinect built into teh whole package from launch.

Wild speculation, but you can hope.
TheANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 04:53 AM   #8
Ninja Prime

Brain controller.

Old 04-15-11, 09:17 AM   #9
dairy hick
*BANNED*

In any event, its GPU won't have a feature set as good as nvidia's DX10.1/11 HW.

I'd be satisfied if they went with a traditional controller and an nvidia DX10.1 part w/ 1 GB GDDR5, but that won't happen. They're probably going to use ATi again and another unique controller.
dairy hick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 11:41 AM   #10
mojoman0

rumor
http://kotaku.com/#!5792472/wii-2-co...-french-person
Quote:
The controller itself is said to include a 6" single touch screen, d-pad, "L and R," two triggers, and "others." The functionality of the Wii's sensor bar has now been integrated into the controller, which would mean that you'd just use your controller as a sensor bar for Wiimote gameplay. It would a sport a front facing camera.

Also, because it's Nintendo we're talking about here, the cost of this controller is said to be "modest" and we shouldn't expect iPad levels of power or performance here. They call it an "iPad with buttons" for lack of a better term. 01net's source also elaborated on the hardware specs of the console itself.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 02:51 PM   #11
suburbanguy

Rumor has it that Nintendo's next console will use a GPU in the R700 family or equivalent and have shader 4.1 capability. That's 2008 technology in a 2012 console. Still, a massive upgrade from Wii which uses late 1990s tech since it's no more than a higher-clocked GameCube with more RAM. I had hoped for DX11 features like tessellation and whatnot, maybe the dev-kits are early and we'll get a R8xx or R9xx GPU with more modern features in the final console.

However, I've said all along on other forums that all I want is for the next Nintendo console to have Radeon 4850 or 4870 like performance (1 to 1.2 TFLOPs) which would represent more than a console-generation beyond Wii and outperform Xbox 360 and PlayStation3. I cannot wait to see Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime and Zelda in glorious 1080p 60fps with near CGI-like visuals.
suburbanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-11, 10:38 PM   #12
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanguy View Post
Rumor has it that Nintendo's next console will use a GPU in the R700 family or equivalent and have shader 4.1 capability. That's 2008 technology in a 2012 console. Still, a massive upgrade from Wii which uses late 1990s tech since it's no more than a higher-clocked GameCube with more RAM. I had hoped for DX11 features like tessellation and whatnot, maybe the dev-kits are early and we'll get a R8xx or R9xx GPU with more modern features in the final console.

However, I've said all along on other forums that all I want is for the next Nintendo console to have Radeon 4850 or 4870 like performance (1 to 1.2 TFLOPs) which would represent more than a console-generation beyond Wii and outperform Xbox 360 and PlayStation3. I cannot wait to see Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime and Zelda in glorious 1080p 60fps with near CGI-like visuals.
You say that like its a disappointment... Remember that the current best GPU in a console is the Xbox360s chip, which is R500 generation, with about 200 Gflops of shader power. Something with 1-1.2Tflops would be 5x the current top of the line console.