Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-18-11, 02:05 PM   #1
|MaguS|

Default MS must be desperate.

So MS phone rep came in and the first thing he does is give me three xbox 360 games and then starts talking about windows phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-11, 02:20 PM   #2
Q

Default Re: MS must be desperate.

Microsoft needs to ramp up the marketing on these things big time. I absolutely LOVED my Zune HD - the only reason I don't own it is because what I really needed (and ended up buying) was a car stereo that could play MP3s from USBs. If they phones would have been in the market when I bought my Droid Incredible, I would have seriously considered a W7 phone even with all of the drawbacks. I just love the interface.

That's the thing, though. It's polarizing. It's either you love it or hate it. With the HTC DI, I can take the interface or leave it. It's just "OK".

What games did he give you? Anything good? How are sales of the W7 phones at your store? I imagine fairly dismal. How's the return rate compared to the others?

Sorry for the grilling and I understand if you can't share due to policy.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 02:31 PM   #3
|MaguS|

He gave me, Forza 3, Lego Batman and Pure. The sales of the device aren't bad by a new product standards. MS needs to get more updates out there. They should be taking a year to add multitasking, copy and paste and flash to the device. It should have had those out the gate.

Return rate isn't bad, I have seen more Android devices returned then Windows Phone but we also sell a lot more Android devices. The people who really love them are the smartphone challenged types.
Old 04-18-11, 04:22 PM   #4
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

I can't stand Windows Phone 7, but I really liked Windows Mobile when I had it.

I just don't like MS stand on hardware products.

MS routers/switches, when one day they just dump support on all of it
MS Xbox, 360 comes out, old xbox got left behind, not like Sony continued to support PS2 for couple more years
MS Windows Mobile, come out with Windows Phone and MS simply gives a rats as about Windows Mobile, don't support sync any more, won't update software, don't add support for 64bit outlook, nada.
MS Zune, there is a rumor that standalone zune players will abonmoed as well.

only MS product I really use is Windows, its has a huge market share so that won't go away.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-11, 10:26 PM   #5
Runningman

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
So MS phone rep came in and the first thing he does is give me three xbox 360 games and then starts talking about windows phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
MS has always been this generous when it comes to giving away a boat load of crap. I used to go to all sorts of MS functions and would walk away with things such as free software, mice and a freind of mine even walked away with an Opteron and LCD at the winxp 64 release party...
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 02:25 AM   #6
Lyme

My wife managed to lose her iphone while we were coming back from mexico, so I picked up a used windows 7 phone and gave her my iphone.. I've been really liking the windows 7 phone and would hate to go back to the iphone now.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 02:41 AM   #7
bacon12

MS should have made one phone themselves. Just like Apple does with the iPhone. The zune HD is by far the coolest and most well made small gadget I owned the past 2 years.

It would have been so much easier for them as well. The deal with nokia will take to long, and I wanted a wm7 phone. Its just put them behind that much further, but I am willing to bet there will be some very strong feature rich consumer, and corporate phones coming out sometime in the next year.

How is the app market for windows? I know every app I use only has iphone and android.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:29 PM   #8
Lyme

It may get that way with Nokia as the defacto handset maker, and the market is quite application packed.. however admittedly, I typically only get the free apps.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote