Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-25-02, 11:28 PM   #1
styles-T
-========-

Default Q3 is done just like CS.. =(

Its amazing how many ppl jump into a server and have a 60% rail ratio as opposed to 20 - 30% avg.

So many ppl are cheating its not even funny..This reminds of CS before they had Punkbuster..

I hope there is a new point release is in progress..

Q3 was just uninstalled.. =(
styles-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-02, 09:32 AM   #2
de><ta
prodigy

true especially when it is a railgun only server....

full of cheats. I guess CS now has fewer cheaters...

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Drag racing is for fast cars. Autocrossing is for fast drivers.
de><ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-02, 08:32 PM   #3
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by de&gt;&lt;ta
true especially when it is a railgun only server....

full of cheats. I guess CS now has fewer cheaters...
i don't know about that...

anyway, the cheat accusations are as strong as ever, which IMO is worse than having actual cheaters. mostly because i get accused of cheating every so often. i've seen a lot of other people get accused too, when i know they aren't cheating, and it just makes me sick.
Old 08-26-02, 09:35 PM   #4
SavagePaladin
info*****

I sincerely hope UT2003s built in from the start cheat protection is actually good.
It may be a problem with no solution as they all say, but its POSSIBLE that they can solve it. I don't know. Nobody has ever seriously tried.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-02, 10:48 PM   #5
netviper13
Treehugger

I really like smaller LAN parties for just that reason, you can trust people you know to not cheat.

This last Saturday, nine of my buddies and I got together for a frag match of good ole' Unreal Tournament. It was my first time playing, but my experience with FPSes helped me stay up at the top. That was good, non-cheating fun. I dunno why people hack games to allow cheats, I think those people are losers with no life
netviper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02, 12:12 PM   #6
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

if I see ppl on my team in cs cheating, I shoot em.

if I can't shoot em, I block them, until they get soo pissed they leave.

It's really lame. There needs to be some serious research done by ppl to stop it, as it gets worse and worse.

Now I see ppl skywalking in cs and they argue it's not cheating!! jeez.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02, 12:55 PM   #7
de><ta
prodigy

spywalking is that crouch and then run style??

I havent played cs for ages... lousy NT rigs.

Most of the sever where i play cheaters get dealt with fairly badly. They either get turned into chickens or they get slapped around

Nah try to stay away from public servers. Visit clan matches or be a substitute in clan matches... that gives u some of the best gameplay.

///m-powered | Intel i7 920 | EVGA x58 | 6GB DD3 1600 | EVGA GTX 285 SSC | 150GB VelociRaptor

Old 08-28-02, 01:23 PM   #8
ExitWound

Send a message via AIM to ExitWound

Cs really isn't as bad when it comes to cheating as it was 5 months ago. with VAC updated weekly, the newest cheats running rampany are often squished and it's finally a decent game to play again. sure, there will be some cheats, but they're not as 'bad' as OGC was/is. some only perform wallhacks, or aimbot, but once they are widespread, VAC crushes them like bug.
I'm the Heavy Metal Thunderstriking Jesus. "
ExitWound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-28-02, 08:47 PM   #9
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutty
if I see ppl on my team in cs cheating, I shoot em.

if I can't shoot em, I block them, until they get soo pissed they leave.

It's really lame. There needs to be some serious research done by ppl to stop it, as it gets worse and worse.

Now I see ppl skywalking in cs and they argue it's not cheating!! jeez.
skywalking isn't cheating, it's a bug in some maps. they should just plug the holes or change the map so it's impossible to get to a place where you can skywalk.

besides, AFAIK you can only skywalk in certain areas, no one said you have to kill the enemy team to win. if many people are skywalking, just avoid them.
Old 08-29-02, 05:55 AM   #10
Nutty
Sittin in the Sun

Send a message via MSN to Nutty

I'm sorry, but it is cheating. Perching yourself up with an awm, so that you can see every entity on the map, with no hindrence of walls is still cheating, even if they didn't have to use any additional utilities to do it.

I admit the map should have it's bugs fixed. But if ppl take to exploiting flaws in the map, it's no different to exploiting flaws in the anti-cheat stuff. It's still cheating.

IMHO.

Regardless of weather it's cheating or not, it's still lame to resort to doing it. It merely proves they dont have the skill to play the map properly. Same as with normal cheaters.
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-02, 08:42 PM   #11
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutty
I'm sorry, but it is cheating. Perching yourself up with an awm, so that you can see every entity on the map, with no hindrence of walls is still cheating, even if they didn't have to use any additional utilities to do it.

I admit the map should have it's bugs fixed. But if ppl take to exploiting flaws in the map, it's no different to exploiting flaws in the anti-cheat stuff. It's still cheating.

IMHO.

Regardless of weather it's cheating or not, it's still lame to resort to doing it. It merely proves they dont have the skill to play the map properly. Same as with normal cheaters.
AFAIK, you can't see every entity on the map. what map that allows skywalking are you specifically talking about? i've never done it in Aztec, but in Dust you are very hindered by the walls. basically it comes down to if you can see them and hit them, they can see you(in Dust).
Old 09-06-02, 08:10 AM   #12
de><ta
prodigy

try playing on the body bags server, they allow cheating for every 1. That way no single dude can complain.

I dont know whether u do call these enchancements cheating, but here they are:
-automatic railgun
-u start of with all weapons including BFG
-u start of with the largest number of ammo u can carry
-u have 300 health

sounds like cheating, but it is fun when every one is doing it.

I dont know about any movement cheats etc. but even with every 1 cheating i still am able to come in the top 5.