Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-27-11, 09:22 AM   #37
Bman212121

Default Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
Sig isn't current no longer. I got a sandybridge setup. My 260 GTX ran fine on the old setup though, never had one issue with it, or my 8800 GTX. Its certainly the card, its odd because if I turn the power off to the pc completely, like actually take the cord from the powersupply, press the power button to verify no more power built up, and I leave it for 10 mins I can run a few weeks before the issue starts happening. What happens is my flash videos such as youtube start having lines through them, not real bad, but annoying. Then pretty soon my computer will freeze but the video keeps playing, or at least the sound does as if its all working. Sometimes it'll recover by resetting the display, other times it'll not do anything and I have to press the power button in to shut it down.
Sorry to hear about your experiences. Mine are quite the same with EVGA. There is no point in RMA'ing the card if everything they send you back is just going to die.

Everyone can blame the board because of their dislike for nV chipsets, but I've run a pair of MSI 8800GTs folding 24/7 with a Q6600 G0 @ 3GHZ running SMP for a couple of years and that has never flaked out. Thankfully my board is XFX and not EVGA or I might have had to RMA it like I did for a friend. (1 year before his EVGA 780i died)
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote