Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-17-11, 06:22 PM   #193
|MaguS|

Default Re: Whats up with PSN?

So Xbox Live has been hacked...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/17/re...acebook-login/

seems like they got the passwords from another site, not directly from XBLive.
Old 06-17-11, 06:54 PM   #194
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

Umm no. Stop reaching so hard Magus. This is incidential individual password hacks, of 62,000, which only a small unknown(pro reporting) amount are from XBL, not an all encompassing hack of the entire network, ala Sony and PSN. Trying to compare the two to defend sony is laughable.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 02:53 PM   #195
Ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

Actually, no, XBOX LIVE was not hacked.

What happened was the SEGA website's SEGA PASS accounts were hacked, and a select group of people who used the same login/passwrod for SEGA PASS and XBOX LIVE then had their XBOX LIVE account stolen which is the fault of both SEGA's leak and the user using the same password across both services. Using the same tactic, they stole the facebook and email accounts of some of the same users.

This has nothing to do with XBOX LIVE at all, really, because there is no way Microsoft could force people to use different passwords across all their accounts. They do encourage this, but many do not listen.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 12:24 AM   #196
Ninja Prime

How about them sony execs?

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=22158
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 01:23 AM   #197
Blackcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
That article is clearly written by someone who does not care much for Sony. I see nothing wrong with what the Sony exec said. He says it was a great learning experience but would not want it to happen again. Sony already apologized many times for screwing up, can't blame them for wanting to move on and try to put a positive spin on things.
Old 07-15-11, 10:05 AM   #198
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
That article is clearly written by someone who does not care much for Sony. I see nothing wrong with what the Sony exec said. He says it was a great learning experience but would not want it to happen again. Sony already apologized many times for screwing up, can't blame them for wanting to move on and try to put a positive spin on things.
Seriously, If you look at the comments of the blog post you will see that everyone agrees that the author just dislikes Sony.

Dailytech is starting to lean to much towards the blogs then Tech News Reporting like they use to.
Old 07-16-11, 05:32 PM   #199
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I often wonder. If my car were stolen, would I blame Ford for not making my car theft proof? No I'd probably blame the thief. It might be a flawed comparison, but I feel frustrated with how things are handled by the IT media. To me all these hacks of recent are a form of terrorism, and thus, those doing it should be treated as such. Obviously not quite to the degree as a 'RL' terrorist.

Just sayin'
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote