Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-04-11, 09:21 PM   #13
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Sony Offline Entertainment

Theres already a One Billion Dollars(Dr. Evil voice) class action started up in canada.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 10:33 AM   #14
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
everyone send jeff a PM about sony security
Done.
Old 05-08-11, 01:34 PM   #15
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inraged Twitch View Post
You joke now but we would be a world of **** if Sony decided to totally shut down the PlayStation. EVERY ****ing developer would migrate to Microsoft it would destroy Nintendo as well. So lets hope no big class action lawsuits come up.
Whatever, MS is 1000 times better than Sony and Nintendo is 1000000 times better, sony and all their cheap ass 16 bit encryption can take and acid bath as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-08-11, 02:09 PM   #16
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Whatever, MS is 1000 times better than Sony and Nintendo is 1000000 times better, sony and all their cheap ass 16 bit encryption can take and acid bath as far as I'm concerned.
Well, in the end it's what Microsoft do best. Make software and services. Their hardware sucks monkey balls though.

Sony are learning the hard way but I'm sure they will be fine.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 02:40 AM   #17
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Sony isn't going anywhere. They can absorb this incident.

MS doesn't make hardware... doesn't mean the hardware in the xbox or the 360 sucks. The PS3 and 360 both have fine hardware, and both produce visually exceptional games. The only real issue with either system was cost. After shelling out over 300 bucks or more for each system, it's only natural you become defensive when someone or something comes along and says you were wrong to do so.

As a console company, MS is doing real well. As a Gaming leader, they can still leave abit to be desired. The 360 is going fine but their pc gaming is still in disarray, and we are at the end of their 2nd generation of xlive on pc.
Old 05-09-11, 08:55 AM   #18
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Sony isn't going anywhere. They can absorb this incident.

MS doesn't make hardware... doesn't mean the hardware in the xbox or the 360 sucks. The PS3 and 360 both have fine hardware, and both produce visually exceptional games. The only real issue with either system was cost. After shelling out over 300 bucks or more for each system, it's only natural you become defensive when someone or something comes along and says you were wrong to do so.
I know Microsoft does not make hardware but when the 360 was released, it was pretty lacking compared to the PS3. 360 didn't even have a HDMI output and then the HD-DVD fail. The PS3 still ended up selling pretty well, even being more expensive but better designed, Blu-ray, HDMI.
Old 05-09-11, 11:52 AM   #19
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I know Microsoft does not make hardware but when the 360 was released, it was pretty lacking compared to the PS3. 360 didn't even have a HDMI output and then the HD-DVD fail. The PS3 still ended up selling pretty well, even being more expensive but better designed, Blu-ray, HDMI.
Yeah because whats important to my console that plays games is that it can play movies too, because games suck, right?
Old 05-09-11, 12:36 PM   #20
Sean_W

Quote:
Yeah because whats important to my console that plays games is that it can play movies too, because games suck, right?
Consoles are not just games machines. they' are "entertainment systems", even more so now days because they can steam movies and such. Why bother paying for a Blu-ray player when your console can do it?

360 owners have to be happy with DVD quality, since they're stuck with it and apparently it's good enough.

Old 05-09-11, 01:03 PM   #21
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Consoles are not just games machines. they' are "entertainment systems", even more so now days because they can steam movies and such. Why bother paying for a Blu-ray player when your console can do it?

360 owners have to be happy with DVD quality, since they're stuck with it and apparently it's good enough.
No, I'll just use my blu-ray player that has better quality than the PS3s blu-ray player. Sony is confused, people aren't buying a console to be an all-in-one entertainment system. High end customers, the only kind who own blu-ray players, are the ones that can afford a blu-ray player and blu-ray movies. Customers who want the cheapest and best gaming console they can get for their money don't generally care about blu-ray because the movies are twice as much and they may not even have a 1080p TV to take advantage of it. Basically, its a waste of money if you're the kind of person who buys blu-rays, and if you're not, its a waste of money that could have went into a better console.
Old 05-09-11, 01:27 PM   #22
Sean_W

Quote:
No, I'll just use my blu-ray player that has better quality than the PS3s blu-ray player. Sony is confused, people aren't buying a console to be an all-in-one entertainment system. High end customers, the only kind who own blu-ray players, are the ones that can afford a blu-ray player and blu-ray movies. Customers who want the cheapest and best gaming console they can get for their money don't generally care about blu-ray because the movies are twice as much and they may not even have a 1080p TV to take advantage of it. Basically, its a waste of money if you're the kind of person who buys blu-rays, and if you're not, its a waste of money that could have went into a better console.
The blu-ray player is the PS3 is good quality and as for not having a 1080p TV, well it's same for the games as well, you just don't use the HDMI output. It's not just about movies, blu-ray has big size capacity. A lot of people have HD TV's now days anyway, they're cheap ,that's the point.

Tech comes down in price and if format wasn't an issue with consoles, Microsoft wouldn't have tried shipping the failed HD-DVD. Sony know what they're doing in regard to hardware and why they shipped the PS3 with blu-ray+HDMI+ black style PS3 and Microsoft shipped an out of date, cheap solution which needed addons later, which costs people more money or a new unit.
Old 05-09-11, 02:01 PM   #23
Bah!

Quote:
Did you have a smile on your face when you posted this? I'm only asking because you can't be serious. I think you are the one that's confused, not Sony. People are indeed buying consoles to be an all-in-one entertainment machine. There is a reason that both the PSN and Live! are flooded with music, videos, movies, etc. people want those things in addition to their gaming.

And FYI the PS3 is the most popular Blu-Ray player on the planet, and for a long time it was the best Blu Ray player on the market as well. There are tons of people who bought the PS3 because it also has Blu Ray, don't kid yourself. I own a stand alone Blu Ray player, and the reason's I use it over the PS3 have nothing to do with picture quality, but rather ease of use, loading speeds, and having an actual remote.

Customers who want the cheapest console bought a Wii, those who wanted the best don't care about price as much as you seem to think, and a great many of them bought PS3's.

No, a waste of money was the HD-Dvd drive for the 360, which if it had won the format war you'd be talking up. The Blu Ray drive in the PS3 has proven to be a wise investment from both a consumer and developer standpoint.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-11, 05:26 PM   #24
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Customers who want the cheapest console bought a Wii, those who wanted the best don't care about price as much as you seem to think, and a great many of them bought PS3's.
Hey thanks for proving my point dude.

People who wanted a gaming system bought the Wii, and it won the console war this gen.

People who wanted a higher end gaming system bought the 360, and its in second place this gen.

People who wanted a blu-ray player with gaming ability bought the PS3, and its in third place.

Lesson: Gaming console is for games, blu-ray player is for movies. Sony has a dream of selling you a million dollar package with a thousand different Sony products packaged inside it, so everything you have is Sony. The reality is people just want to play some games. Could have dropped the price on the PS3 by $50 or more had they gone with DVD, and likely it would have then won over at least the 360.