Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-10-03, 04:07 PM   #13
ChrisRay

Regardless of what the nay sayers say. I still think a Gaming Forum divided into sub divisions is a good idea. Give it a chance is all I might hope for.

since I am "hoping" that most PC hardware enthusiasts use there cards for at least some gaming

Console Gaming is of interest to me. As is typical Gaming. and I think this forum would benefit from the addition.

As in. Generally give something that'll interest them more. That is IMO within the bounds of this forum. And they'll spend more time here. Drawing in more of a community

The Nvnews community has been growing as of late. Why Not grow with it?
|CPU: Intel I7 Lynnfield @ 3.0 Ghz|Mobo:Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer |Memory:8 Gigs DDR3 1333|Video:Geforce GTX 295 Quad SLI|Monitor:Samsung Syncmaster 1680x1080 3D Vision\/Olevia 27 Inch Widescreen HDTV 1920x1080

|CPU: AMD Phenom 9600 Black Edition @ 2.5 Ghz|Mobo:Asus M3n HT Deluxe Nforce 780A|Memory: 4 gigs DDR2 800| Video: Geforce GTX 280x2 SLI

Nzone
SLI Forum Administrator

NVIDIA User Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members

Last edited by ChrisRay; 08-10-03 at 04:11 PM.
ChrisRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-03, 04:24 PM   #14
The Baron

Quote:
since I am "hoping" that most PC hardware enthusiasts use there cards for at least some gaming
What is this "game" you speak of? I only know of 4... But they're followed by "tests," so that's no good! I don't want to take a test!
Old 08-10-03, 04:39 PM   #15
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnmcl7
It's not unfair to make parallels here at all, rage3d is the most obvious since it's also a graphics card forum. However, you can go anywhere you want, most people are so diehard to their own console that you'll see constant flamewars with any console discussion, whether it's rage3d, a console forum or usenet, it makes little difference. Putting it alongside a PC graphics card forum makes it even worse, as you'll get the PC diehards coming in and slating the console games.

John
Ok, so you're wondering why I don't want to draw parallels?

Stay here for A WHILE and you'll see the difference in "discussion progression" betwen here and other places. Excuse me, but nvnews is totally unique IMO... it's not just "the mods run a tight ship", but it's more like "this community holds itself together well"... I've been around PLENTY of console discussions around here... and, um, they don't go to crap. They benifit people.

that wasn't a rant, just my take... I do see where you're coming from, Johnmcl7 & B&R... I just feel that this community is in fact very unique... I wouldn't say it if I haven't been elsewhere...

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-03, 08:33 PM   #16
Johnmcl7
Defiant

Default Re: Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by ragejg
Ok, so you're wondering why I don't want to draw parallels?

Stay here for A WHILE and you'll see the difference in "discussion progression" betwen here and other places. Excuse me, but nvnews is totally unique IMO... it's not just "the mods run a tight ship", but it's more like "this community holds itself together well"... I've been around PLENTY of console discussions around here... and, um, they don't go to crap. They benifit people.

that wasn't a rant, just my take... I do see where you're coming from, Johnmcl7 & B&R... I just feel that this community is in fact very unique... I wouldn't say it if I haven't been elsewhere...
I have been here for a while, you can browse this forum without registering, even now I don't post much. And to be honest (nothing against this site) I see nothing unique here, there still seems to be plenty of flames when there's disagreement (just look back to the NV35 launch) just as there are on pretty much every other forum. Just recently there was all that nonsense between Digitalwanderer and shipping fees or something stupid that 'went to crap', so I have to just laugh about the difference in "discussion progression"

John
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-03, 11:23 PM   #17
netviper13
Treehugger

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
We had a console forum back in the days before the hack. Hardly got any use.
I agree with Sat here...there was a post almost exactly like this with a bunch of people begging for a console gaming forum; the console forum had quite a few posts for a short amount of time, then just kinda died off.
netviper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-03, 09:20 PM   #18
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

I have been a moderator for Rage3d for some time now. I only recently got assigning the Console forum as well in addition to other mods because the forum was simply out of hand. In the past week I have had to close multiple threads, edit posts, and send warnings like never before. This forum is like no other forum I have ever modded, it is tough.

I'm warning the Nvnews crew, if you bring back a Console forum be prepared for flamebait and thread crapping.

example:
Topic = The new Mario game for GameCube is cool.
Reply = GameCube sux, XBOX owns

etc
Old 08-11-03, 09:45 PM   #19
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Gator
That is correct. That is correct.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-03, 10:03 PM   #20
Gator
Unreal Tournament Gamer

Quote:
bah!!!

Old 08-11-03, 10:14 PM   #21
StealthHawk

Quote:
LOL, even without a console forum we get some of that here
Old 08-11-03, 10:32 PM   #22
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthHawk
LOL, even without a console forum we get some of that here
My point exactly.
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-03, 09:43 AM   #23
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Listen to the mods, we've had several forums spring up in the past from suggestions like this that still die shortly after due to inactivity. If the demand grows we may give it a try again.
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-03, 07:56 PM   #24
Johnmcl7
Defiant

Quote:
Originally posted by Gator
I have been a moderator for Rage3d for some time now. I only recently got assigning the Console forum as well in addition to other mods because the forum was simply out of hand. In the past week I have had to close multiple threads, edit posts, and send warnings like never before. This forum is like no other forum I have ever modded, it is tough.

I'm warning the Nvnews crew, if you bring back a Console forum be prepared for flamebait and thread crapping.

example:
Topic = The new Mario game for GameCube is cool.

etc
Rarely seems to be 'Xbox owns' posts there, it's mainly 'Xbox sucks' x500

Makes for a really worthwhile forum

John
Johnmcl7 is offline   Reply With Quote