Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-10-03, 01:49 AM   #1
Rytr
SuperMod

Default Perspective

Well, I'm a new comer here but I have been around awhile. Kinda taking it easy, gettin' my feet on the ground so to speak.

This is a great site where you can express your opinions and generally get good feedback, which evolves, into a healthy discussion. Course, some people have a problem with feedback, if it is negative. Yes, some feedback may not be warranted and more like a reprisal. This usually starts an argument. It is best just to agree that you disagree and leave it at that. However, that is easier said than done and takes an effort on those involved to take the proper perspective and let it lay, so to speak. Name-calling is a NO-NO, that will not get you anywhere. Calling people idiots, pricks, or worse is not a good practice and I dare say if it were a face-to-face discussion you would avoid such tactics.

It is always best to show a positive respectful attitude toward others in any discussion. You will not get everyone to see it your way, so just accept it. Just try to be as helpful and understanding as you can and enjoy the various discussions you get involved in.

Now when a person takes on the mods you are stepping on thin ice. The mods put in a lot of time into keeping the forums from getting out of hand; keeping things as best they can, in perspective. They are very active in the forums and are very tolerant, but step in when needed. IMO, they should be commended and not abused.

I have watched this forum for sometime now and recently accepted a position on the staff at nV News. If you go by my number of posts you can call me a noobie...I don't mind. I have a past history with several thousand posts elsewhere and have been around as long as most of the other 'regulars' here at nV News. I have a hundred or so ratings on eBay and they are all positive. All of this means nothing; I have to perform to standards required of a staff member in the best interest of nV News and its membership. Likewise, individual members have the responsibility of abiding by the rules that have been set up to govern the forums.

This is a community where individuals are free to express themselves (with certain restrictions), ask for help, and give assistance to those who ask. Rash statements and unfounded criticism will probably not be receptive. In fact, over the past couple of weeks I have noted several instances where the mods have acted quickly and efficiently.

I have not said much till now so I apologize for the long post but in lieu of the most recent discussion in reference to the moderators I thought it was time to make a statement.

Rytr
Rytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-03, 04:30 AM   #2
vampireuk
**** Holster

Send a message via AIM to vampireuk

Well said buddy
Old 08-10-03, 09:13 AM   #3
The Baron

Quote:
Now when a person takes on the mods you are stepping on thin ice. The mods put in a lot of time into keeping the forums from getting out of hand; keeping things as best they can, in perspective. They are very active in the forums and are very tolerant, but step in when needed. IMO, they should be commended and not abused.
Kids, just don't piss off Mister Flibble. That's all you need to know.
Old 08-10-03, 09:55 AM   #4
Fusion
Sapphire Atlantis 9700Pro

Quote:
Kids, just don't piss off Mister Flibble. That's all you need to know.
THE Mr Flibble from Red Dwarf ?

The repeats on BBC2, are still damn funny.

Can't wait for the movie, or even the complete DVD collection.
Sapphire Radeon 9700 Pro
SBLive ! Audigy 2
Bungholio Marks - 147
Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-03, 10:58 AM   #5
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default ...

Rytr, IMO you are definitely doing a good job there of representing nvnews staff with that post...

I share your opinions, and thank you for your compliments on the quality of the moderating...

I personally put a lot of my time and a lot of myself into nvnews... yeh, I may only average 3.1 posts per day, but I try to make my posts mean something... and as far as moderating... well, this is my first time moderating (been at it for 3 months now ), but I think I'm doin an ok job... I've learned a lot from volt, vamp, the baron, and others... (as well as saturnotaku, for even tho he's not a mod here any more, he's the one who made me understand the basics, and I thank him for that)...

I feel that almost all members here have a great deal of respect for us mods... though sometimes they forget that although vamp has Mr. Flibble, ALL the mods have Flibble Sticks... ...

I'm very happy that I rarely have to use it tho... I'm too busy enjoying myself here...

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote