Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-11-11, 06:00 PM   #1
Gauvenator

Default glibc incompatibility

Hi,
I've updated to eglibc-2.13 (should be binary compatible with glibc-2.13), and the nvidia installer does not seem to be binary compatible with it. I'm using nouveau currently, but I just wanted to put this out there for future development, since the main reason I run nVidia graphics cards is the strong unix driver support.

If there is anything I can do to assist let me know.

This is on x86_64 Linux 2.6.3x

Code:
[gauvenator: /sources/nvidia ]$ ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-270.41.06.run 
Verifying archive integrity... OK
Uncompressing NVIDIA Accelerated Graphics Driver for Linux-x86_64 270.41.06...........................................................................................................................................
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-deps.c: 622: _dl_map_object_deps: Assertion `nlist > 1' failed!
Gauvenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-11, 01:33 PM   #2
valdis

Default Re: glibc incompatibility

http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12454 - it's a glibc bug. Upgrade to a patched 2.13.
valdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-11, 11:41 AM   #3
Gauvenator

Default Re: glibc incompatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdis View Post
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12454 - it's a glibc bug. Upgrade to a patched 2.13.
Thanks. I remember finding a similar patch for this issue but it had already been applied to my source tree. It must have been an earlier patch that didn't actually fix the issue (or maybe it was an entirely different issue that produced similar messages), and I just assumed nVidia had a problem and not my glibc. In any case, now the installer isn't bugging out in my basic test...still have to try an actual install.
Gauvenator is offline   Reply With Quote