Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-07-11, 10:28 AM   #229
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
lol another 9gb download, and I was going to get it on Steam.
so far I downloaded 50gb for Witcher 2.

first initial 16GB, something got screwed up and game didn't work, so deleted everything and got it again.

then 2 9gb patches, because steam doesn't know how to patch files properly.

16+16+9+9 = 50GB
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 10:48 AM   #230
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post

first initial 16GB, something got screwed up and game didn't work, so deleted everything and got it again.

16+16+9+9 = 50GB
Good thing the game makes it worth it.

I've got a feeling I'll be starting my next playthrough about 20 minutes after I finish the first one.

kind of like I did with Witcher 1
Old 06-07-11, 09:51 PM   #231
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

first playthrough, done at last. it was a wild ride, but it was well worth it. oddly enough I'm not seeing what people were complaining about with regard to the ending. I found the ending of my game pretty damn well satisfying, I think even more so than the first Witcher.
I'm finding myself having a hard time saying that about a lot of games lately (Dragon Age 2, I'm looking at you) but it wrapped up all the plot threads nicely and created a very nice setup for Witcher 3.

oh and the last boss was a piece of cake . although by that time I was pretty decked out in the best gear the game had to offer, so it was probably a little easier than it should have been.

now for playthrough #2.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 09:53 PM   #232
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post

16+16+9+9 = 50GB
I ended up just giving in and picked up a retail copy of the game. it took all of 5 minutes to get it patched instead of 5 hours with steam's borked patching method.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 05:10 AM   #233
grey_1

Hey guys - a little help please. I have no idea if I'm running into more game bugs or what.

I can't deploy harpy traps. Bombs work fine, but with the traps in that pocket nothing happens.

Mutagens - aren't they supposed to go into slots by abilities in the character section when meditating? Level 22 now and I still have no slots for them, or any apparent way to use them.

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-08-11, 05:42 AM   #234
weevil

I've battered my way past the harpies grey but going back to do the harpy nest quest, for which we need these traps that the harpies presumably pick up and take back to their nests - 7 nests to destroy so seven traps just crafted

But earlier on I thought that these traps blew up on contact with a harpy so I tried them out when I really needed them - you'll need a strong drink before some battles down there

At that time the harpies didn't pick up the traps - and they do not explode lol so there's money wasted again

Mutagens- I think you need to add more Alchemy/Mage talent to be able to use them, could be wrong but look down in those talent trees. I'm focusing on the sword
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 06:04 AM   #235
K007

**** 9gb patch...i cant download lol i dont have much space left for the month..have to wait till 19th now :/
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 06:45 AM   #236
ArrowMk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Hey guys - a little help please. I have no idea if I'm running into more game bugs or what.

I can't deploy harpy traps. Bombs work fine, but with the traps in that pocket nothing happens.

Mutagens - aren't they supposed to go into slots by abilities in the character section when meditating? Level 22 now and I still have no slots for them, or any apparent way to use them.

Thanks for any help.
Only some of the higher level skills have mutagen slots. If you've gone more than half way down a skill tree, you'll probably start seeing the slots soon. I know the last three in the signs and swords tree have them. When you get one, you'll see a little grey circle on the top part of the skill, and then you can right click (I think it's right click, it might be a double click) to select the mutagen.

When you deploy a harpy trap, you're setting a crystal looking thing on the ground. A harpy will pick it up and take it back to it's nest, where it explodes and destroys the nest. Only use these for the harpy contract, and only deploy one at a time, as having more deployed sometimes causes a bug that prevents you from completing the quest (this means you only need seven traps). Also, you won't be able to complete the harpy contract until you get the behind the lock door at the bottom of the quarry, when you go looking for one of the items needed to heal Saskia.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-11, 08:45 AM   #237
grey_1

Thanks for the replies guys - ok, understood on the mutagens.

On the issue with the harpy traps, it's that I can't even put one down. They go in the same pockets as the bombs right? I set it so the traps are in the very first pocket, all the rest of them empty. I get right under a nest and when I try to use them, nothing at all happens.

Just a little frustrating.
Old 06-08-11, 09:08 AM   #238
ArrowMk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys - ok, understood on the mutagens.

On the issue with the harpy traps, it's that I can't even put one down. They go in the same pockets as the bombs right? I set it so the traps are in the very first pocket, all the rest of them empty. I get right under a nest and when I try to use them, nothing at all happens.

Just a little frustrating.
Well, I don't know if you've got a bug placing traps or not, but what you're suppose to do is get attacked by a harpy, and drop it between you and the harpy, and they'll pick it up and fly it back to the nest. If you've cleaned out the harpies in the area, you'll have to something else for the next two or three game days for the harpies to respawn.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-11, 09:22 AM   #239
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowMk84 View Post
Well, I don't know if you've got a bug placing traps or not, but what you're suppose to do is get attacked by a harpy, and drop it between you and the harpy, and they'll pick it up and fly it back to the nest. If you've cleaned out the harpies in the area, you'll have to something else for the next two or three game days for the harpies to respawn.
Ah Ok! That must be it. One thing monsters are doing constantly in this game is turning their backs if I get too far away. The rotfiends are the only ones will chase me more than 100' or so. But That's when I'm running to a nest and trying to drop the trap.

Nice, you may have just given me the "fix"

Thanks
Old 06-08-11, 01:39 PM   #240
weevil

only deploy one at a time

If you've cleaned out the harpies in the area, you'll have to something else for the next two or three game days for the harpies to respawn

Thanks Arrow!
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote