mojoman0

Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc...witcher/719205
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-11, 04:26 AM   #290
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I'm going to play dark mode with my hoodie on.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-11, 02:42 AM   #291
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Start to finish I loved it - still appreciate you talking me into trying the first one btw.

A pair of games that actually deliver across the board.
there should be more games of this quality out there. and not dozens and dozens of generic crap that most games are suffering from
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 10:50 AM   #292
JaylumX
Something Else

Completed the game yesterday. On my second run through and already event have played out differently

i5 760 @ 4.0 | P7P55D-E | 8GB DDR3 | 60 & 120GB SSD - 1TB SATA 2 | HD 7950 @ 1200/6300 | HDAV 1.3 | HD598

Xbox 360 120GB | PS3 40GB | Wii 8GB | Sony KDL-32EX723BU
JaylumX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 10:58 AM   #293
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
there should be more games of this quality out there. and not dozens and dozens of generic crap that most games are suffering from
Absolutely - I have no idea how many times I've played the first, 7 or 8 maybe?

The second one is just as good if not better imo. Good for another 5 playthroughs easy
Old 08-23-11, 12:51 AM   #294
Greedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Start to finish I loved it - still appreciate you talking me into trying the first one btw.

A pair of games that actually deliver across the board.
yes, i remember those days. you gave me mass erect, and i still haven't finished that.

but i did manage to finish up witcher 2 tonight. chapter 3 was very short, or maybe i just skipped some things. still quite good and i look forward to witcher 3. the plotlines in these games are really second to none.

Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 09:29 AM   #295
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
yes, i remember those days. you gave me mass erect, and i still haven't finished that.

but i did manage to finish up witcher 2 tonight. chapter 3 was very short, or maybe i just skipped some things. still quite good and i look forward to witcher 3. the plotlines in these games are really second to none.
Good screen - I never could finish M.E.

One of the only games I've ever played that makes me want to know everything, where the story started, where it's going, the visuals, the combat, the women

Maybe I'll start another run tonight
Old 09-01-11, 02:59 PM   #296
mojoman0

how come not much talk about this game? people holding out for it to get cheaper or something? waiting for 2.0? I beat the prologue but think im gonna wait til i get a new rig to play it in all its glory. 2.0 should help
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-11, 03:41 AM   #297
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

meh, Im playing as I get time but one thing that annoys the bejesus out of me is how completing one quest can cause others to fail. Honestly there is no order to things in the quest list and the game does nothing to warn you about blocking off current quest... horrible system.
Old 09-18-11, 06:05 AM   #298
ATi
RooR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
how come not much talk about this game? people holding out for it to get cheaper or something? waiting for 2.0? I beat the prologue but think im gonna wait til i get a new rig to play it in all its glory. 2.0 should help
yup waiting for 2.0 baby
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 2 x 4GB 1648
HD1.5tb
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
corsair620HX
Windows7 64 home premium
Dell LED G2210
ATi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 11:11 AM   #299
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
meh, Im playing as I get time but one thing that annoys the bejesus out of me is how completing one quest can cause others to fail. Honestly there is no order to things in the quest list and the game does nothing to warn you about blocking off current quest... horrible system.
there are other games that do this as well. Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3/vegas, etc.. the decisions you make in some quests essentially will carry repercussions for others. In the bethesda games, most of this has to do with factions and friends/enemies.

There's nothing wrong with this if it's implemented correctly, in fact, I'd say it's a good thing as it teaches you that there are consequences (whether you knew about them or not) to your actions.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-11, 02:20 PM   #300
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post
There's nothing wrong with this if it's implemented correctly, in fact, I'd say it's a good thing as it teaches you that there are consequences (whether you knew about them or not) to your actions.
Uhhmm... ok, are we playing the same game? Or are you just being stupid? Witcher's quest don't actually follow moral lines, they leave it up to you to solve it, many times allowing for several methods. The method used can be your consequences, but in the end the quest gets completed.

What I'M talking about, are the quest that seem unrelated, but the game chooses to create a "Point of **** blocking" where once one quest is finished, it prevents some other side quest from being completed. My beef here is that the side quest didn't seem to have any link to the quest being completed. For instance in chapter 2, the elven girl you rescue from the group of guards. I managed to do the quest up to the water fall, but lost focus after she escapes. I figured it was a point in the quest line that would come later in the story while I completed other quest. I was pretty pissed when after the duel with lothos and heading back to town, the quest failed itself with no warning. Now it appears she was in the portal room and was killed by lothos, but why?! She seemed totally unrelated, why did they have to make he be in THAT room to get her self killed by an unrelated quest line?

Its even worse in chapter 3... I followed the elves and after the dragonslayer is poisoned you pretty much get 3 big quest lines, as well as side quest you get. Again, I picked up a new side quest, to investigate the dwarven catacombs. As try as I might, I could not get to the location on the map where the catacombs were located. In attempting to do so, I completed a large leg of the finding triss merrigold questline and, wtf is this? the quest failed itself already? How the hell did it have anything to do with obtaining the scarf of triss?