Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 09-24-11, 09:02 AM   #301
grey_1

Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

2.0 due out on September 29th. Game is also 25% off right now.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/?snr=1_4_4__13
Old 09-25-11, 01:02 AM   #302
dikinher
Grab em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Uhhmm... ok, are we playing the same game? Or are you just being stupid? Witcher's quest don't actually follow moral lines, they leave it up to you to solve it, many times allowing for several methods. The method used can be your consequences, but in the end the quest gets completed.

What I'M talking about, are the quest that seem unrelated, but the game chooses to create a "Point of **** blocking" where once one quest is finished, it prevents some other side quest from being completed. My beef here is that the side quest didn't seem to have any link to the quest being completed. For instance in chapter 2, the elven girl you rescue from the group of guards. I managed to do the quest up to the water fall, but lost focus after she escapes. I figured it was a point in the quest line that would come later in the story while I completed other quest. I was pretty pissed when after the duel with lothos and heading back to town, the quest failed itself with no warning. Now it appears she was in the portal room and was killed by lothos, but why?! She seemed totally unrelated, why did they have to make he be in THAT room to get her self killed by an unrelated quest line?

Its even worse in chapter 3... I followed the elves and after the dragonslayer is poisoned you pretty much get 3 big quest lines, as well as side quest you get. Again, I picked up a new side quest, to investigate the dwarven catacombs. As try as I might, I could not get to the location on the map where the catacombs were located. In attempting to do so, I completed a large leg of the finding triss merrigold questline and, wtf is this? the quest failed itself already? How the hell did it have anything to do with obtaining the scarf of triss?
How old are you?
Old 09-27-11, 07:02 PM   #303
mojoman0

Tutorial + Arena + Dark Mode +

Quote:
Version 2.0 Corrections/Amendments
Corrections and improvements to combat:
1. Numerous improvements have been made in the targeting system.
2. Parrying is now unlimited (even when Vigor is completely depleted), though parries no longer cancel all damage
(maximum 50% reduction once the relevant ability has been acquired).
3. Responsiveness of game controls has been improved. This includes but is not limited to casting Signs, parrying,
and attacking immediately after evading an opponent‟s assault.
4. Geralt‟s attacks are no longer interrupted by attacking opponents. Attacks are now contiguous and foes cannot
interrupt Geralt‟s attacks by landing a blow.
5. Assorted fixes now prevent opponents from incessantly attacking Geralt after he has been knocked down. Geralt
can no longer be knocked down repeatedly in quick succession. Also, he rises quickly while evading subsequent
attacks.
6. Geralt no longer attacks opponents located behind other opponents positioned nearer to him.
7. The target locking system has been improved. Preference is now given to previously highlighted targets.
8. Target selection has been improved. Priority is now given to foes affected by a critical effect facilitating the
completion of a finishing move.
9. The additional two steps Geralt took after mounting an attack with the W, S, A or D key depressed have been
eliminated.
10. Attacks can now be continued even when a key controlling Geralt‟s movement (e.g. W, S, A, D) is depressed.
11. Attacks can now be continued if the attack key is depressed immediately after the final strike of an attack animation
sequence.
12. Geralt can now pivot 180 degrees immediately after completing an attack.
13. Assorted problems with key responsiveness have been resolved. Keys no longer need to be depressed twice or
more to trigger a given action.
14. A distance attack problem has been resolved. Geralt now mounts distance attacks (lunge with sword in hand in the
Fast style) when opponents were located at a suitable distance from him.
Other corrections and amendments:
15. Casting several bombs no longer blocks further inputs.
16. An option has been added to the configuration tool enabling aspect ratio to be set independently of resolution.
17. The amount of disk space required for game patching has been reduced.
18. The loading of selected Witcher 1 game saves no longer causes the game to crash.
19. A greater number of monsters now appear in the cave leading to Loc Muinne.
20. Improvements have been made in the manner in which monsters are spawned in the mist in Chapter 2.
21. The visual effect accompanying Adrenaline use no longer disappears prematurely.
22. Archers now draw their swords more quickly when Geralt approaches.
23. Mages no longer automatically cast shield spells when Geralt casts daggers at them.
24. The game is now paused when Geralt executes a finishing move in combat.
25. The troll in Chapter 2 has been corrected. Previously, in some circumstances he could not be attacked.
26. Physics on cast daggers have been improved.
27. The site for aiming daggers is now more visible.
28. Geralt‟s animation when he dies while casting the Axii Sign has been corrected.
29. An exploit in the fight against Letho has been eliminated. Previously, this foe could be killed by casting bombs in
quick succession.30. An exploit related to the „Insane‟ difficulty setting has been eliminated. Previously, game saves could be loaded with
difficulty set to this level, which was contrary to design intentions.
31. Camera positioning/operation has been corrected during the boss fight against the kayran.
32. Camera control via gamepads has been improved.
33. Assorted adjustments have been made in mutagen statistics.
34. The „Junk‟ filter in the Inventory has been adjusted to provide for correct item filtering.
35. In the Inventory, the dialogue window warning of prohibited actions has been corrected.
36. Assorted corrections have been introduced to the mini-map in Chapter 1.
37. Audio balance throughout the game has been adjusted.
38. Erratic character teleportation in mini–games has been eliminated.
39. Assorted adjustments have been made in animations applying to nekkers.
40. A minor bug in the “Scent of Incense” quest has been resolved.
41. Numerous minor fixes have been introduced in character lip-sync throughout the game.
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-11, 07:57 PM   #304
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Tutorial + Arena + Dark Mode +
Looks like they fixed every combat related complaint I had. That's sweet. I still wish there were a way around having to kneel to drink a potion. That doesn't flow well anywhere in the game imo.

Nice though - looking forward to a long, drawn out replay.
Old 09-29-11, 02:57 PM   #305
Yaboze

Downloading 2.0 right now!
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 04:28 PM   #306
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Downloading 2.0 right now!
I still don't see it on steam, although the buildbot updated DX when I fired the game up.

Really looking forward to this.
Old 09-29-11, 06:45 PM   #307
mojoman0

still not out on steam
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-11, 06:49 PM   #308
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

I think it is on Steam now... I am downloading a HUGE patch right now...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-11, 07:23 PM   #309
grey_1

Yep, mine is downloading now. Says 1221Mbs.

Nice.
Old 09-30-11, 01:37 AM   #310
Greedo

i used steam to update to v.1.35 and then the tw2 site to download 2.0.

played the tutorial and some arena.

the tutorial is pretty good, and would have been nice in the original version. i'm glad i now know how to properly use mutagens in the upgrade menu.

arena is odd because you only get one life. made it through the first battle on normal but died on the second. the easy game mode is MUCH easier than normal. it's fun enough just to do battles, but not really sure what the point is... i think it's just for bragging rights on the forum.

anyway, should be starting another play through soon to try some different plot paths.
Greedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-11, 04:59 AM   #311
grey_1

I did a run through arena last night too - great battle practice, but I kind of laughed at it too. At about level 10 I decided to bring a "helper" in - he was down within about 25 seconds

I'll probably start the main game this weekend. I haven't read the entire changelog, but I'm really hoping the "new introductions" to the game will show up during the main plot.
Old 09-30-11, 12:01 PM   #312
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

installed the update yesterday as well. I haven't played through the main story yet as I'm wrapping up the first game before I start but I did the training part and the controls are TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

They really did change a lot of stuff but although I like how some stuff is simplified, some other stuff is a bit confusing. It took me a while to figure out how I was supposed to use the mutagen.

I like the slow vs fast attack rather than the slow/fast/group but I don't like how you have to hit the number buttons for the various Aard signs. I prefer the pause/pick one/right click to use method. Having that implemented in this game with like the center click or something would be nice.

I'll probably have to go in and see if they offer the same different style of camera as witcher 1. I've gotten so used to playing it with that control scheme, it made playing through Witcher 2's tutorial area very awkward.

Also, I don't like how you can't change controls or anything in game.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote