Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-07-11, 11:59 AM   #1
Moo
*BANNNED*

Default Nintendo Wiiu

Quote:
Coming in 2012, Nintendo's next home console will deliver "deeper game experiences" that aim to offer "something for everyone." And it'll be called the Wii U! A variety of new controls will be made available by that crazy new controller with a 6.2-inch touchscreen embedded in it. Most importantly, you'll no longer be tied to a TV to enjoy your home consoling action -- the Wii U controller can handle your gaming session when the television is needed for other purposes, while a built-in front-facing cam will let you video chat from anywhere too. We've also seen some decidedly high-def visuals from Nintendo showing off the Wii U's graphical prowess. See video of the unveiling after the break!

Batman: Arkham City, an Assassin's Creed game, Dirt, Ghost Recon Online, Tekken, Metro Last Light, Aliens Colonial Marines, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and Darksiders II all got a mention as coming to the Wii U. Yes! EA's John Riccitiello just said the Wii U will deliver "brilliant HD graphics." Finally, the Wii is going HD!
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/t...-next-console/
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 12:21 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: Nintendo Wiiu

Retarded name and retarded looking controller.
Old 06-07-11, 12:35 PM   #3
Bman212121

Watch the video on the link. There is an amazing amount of integration between it and the system, as well as the older devices. Hard to say how well it will all work but if it's anything like the video it should be amazing.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 12:36 PM   #4
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Retarded name and retarded looking controller.
Oh hai, vita here.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 12:39 PM   #5
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Oh hai, vita here.
Never said that was a better name... I will be calling it the PSV...
Old 06-07-11, 12:48 PM   #6
Ninja Prime

Too much unknown atm, though it must have good hardware if it can run battlefield 3. Controller is weird as hell, but then so was the Wii controller, and it won the last gen, with everyone else trying to copy it 4 years later...
Old 06-07-11, 12:48 PM   #7
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Never said that was a better name... I will be calling it the PSV...
Should have just went with PSP2, I donno why they thought it needed a new name? Maybe they though it was too close to PS2?
Old 06-07-11, 01:02 PM   #8
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Too much unknown atm, though it must have good hardware if it can run battlefield 3. Controller is weird as hell, but then so was the Wii controller, and it won the last gen, with everyone else trying to copy it 4 years later...
Battlefield 3 was never announced... they ran footage but never said it was coming to the console. Actually, they didn't announce any games other then saying they can't wait to support it.

I bet it still behind the X360 and PS3 on processing power. I don't think we will be seeing companies copy this remote, heck all Sony needs to do is have PSV integrate with PS3 titles (which they stated it can do).

The controller is too big, they should have done less with it. It looks to me that they saw what cellphones were doing and just threw all that in there. I mean they only announced a single game for it and will only have tech demos on show. Pretty poor unveil of the console.

I want to also know how the system will handle some functionality like swapping from TV to controller display when someone changes the channel. What happens if its a game that uses the controller screen for inventory or secondary gameplay? Will it still switch and lose functionality or not be compatible with that functionality?

Old 06-07-11, 01:15 PM   #9
mojoman0

Mammoth controller. What's cool is that I think you will be able to use it as a tablet for kids, walking around the house with the Internet, YouTube etc. Cheap tablet so you don't get your kid an iPod touch
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 01:21 PM   #10
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Eh, no thanks.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-11, 01:30 PM   #11
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoman0 View Post
Mammoth controller. What's cool is that I think you will be able to use it as a tablet for kids, walking around the house with the Internet, YouTube etc. Cheap tablet so you don't get your kid an iPod touch
But you can't do that with it. It's tied to the console through wireless I believe, reach wont be better than the Wiimote I bet. It's not a tablet at all...
Old 06-07-11, 01:45 PM   #12
mojoman0

Quote:
But you can't do that with it. It's tied to the console through wireless I believe, reach wont be better than the Wiimote I bet. It's not a tablet at all...
why not? what makes you think it wont be used like a local onlive system where the nintendo does all the work and beams all the info to the handheld while you are in your house. At least thats how I would make it work
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote