Go Back   nV News Forums > General Forums > Archived News Items

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-19-11, 07:30 AM   #1
News

Post Valve not showing any games at E3 2011

Anyone hoping for a glimpse of Dota 2, or even Half Life 2: Episode 3 at this year's E3 will be sad to hear that Valve aren't planning to show any games at all at the conference. It looks like we'll have to make do with the IceFrog Q&A, or the slim details on the Dota 2 site for now.

The good news is, we can look forward to some new Portal 2 levels at some point in the next few months. According to Gabe Newell, Valve are moving towards shorter and shorter development cycles for their games, which means we can look forward to more and more updates for Team Fortress 2 and Portal 2 in the future, too.

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 11:36 AM   #2
Redeemed

Default Re: Valve not showing any games at E3 2011

Yeah... I'm just not sure I care anymore, valve. I'm a definite Half-Life fan, loved the first and it's two expansions- couldn't count how many times I've played 'em cause the numbers don't have names yet. Same goes for HL2 and it's two episodes.

But now, with how much time has passed and how little you're saying about your greatest game ever... I'm not so sure I'm gonna' care anymore whenever you do finally release it.

I guess, if maybe you've been working diligently on a proper HL3, and it's including a massive revamp of the source engine that properly uses DX11 and is a great showcase for PC hardware, and the story is phenomenal and at least 8 hours of SP goodness... I'll probably get it near launch day. But the longer you take with no info, the less interested I become.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 06:30 PM   #3
MikeC
Administrator

Default Re: Valve not showing any games at E3 2011

+1
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote