Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-23-11, 11:13 AM   #13
Logical

Default Re: Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition - Steam Prepurchase

Check out Kasucodes thread, he makes custom arcade sticks and sells them....must say he does a very good job too with awesome quality.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=151964
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-11, 03:25 PM   #14
AngelGraves13

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
i never had issues with g4wl, works fine with sf4 4 me
Yeah it works fine...

I just HATE GFWL
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 10:46 PM   #15
LurkerLito

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122093/ss...-always-on-drm

Always online DRM is part of the game even in local single player or local multi player play. If you can't establish a connection they limit you to 15/39 characters even if you just want to play a few matches offline, or are just doing the challenges

Well F**K me. Goes to show you should never preorder till they tell you how large the DRM stick they want to shove up your rear is. I really want to cancel my preorder on principle but IIRC D2D has a no refunds policy on this game so I might be stuck with it. So P.O. at myself for taking a risk preordering this game so far in advance based on the previous SSFIV and a decent discount. Never again Capcom. OK rant over .

DRM Explained

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 11:14 PM   #16
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122093/ss...-always-on-drm

Always online DRM is part of the game even in local single player or local multi player play. If you can't establish a connection they limit you to 15/39 characters even if you just want to play a few matches offline, or are just doing the challenges

Well F**K me. Goes to show you should never preorder till they tell you how large the DRM stick they want to shove up your rear is. I really want to cancel my preorder on principle but IIRC D2D has a no refunds policy on this game so I might be stuck with it. So P.O. at myself for taking a risk preordering this game so far in advance based on the previous SSFIV and a decent discount. Never again Capcom. OK rant over .

DRM Explained
Damn...

The most messed up part about that whole thing is, I bet pirates will still figure out some way to get single player working with all of the characters available, and the only ones that will suffer will be the people who legitimately paid for the game...
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 08:52 AM   #17
JohnDio

Most, if not all of us, will purchase the game for its online feature. I really find it hard to believe that some might cancel it due to its online DRM or that some might buy it for its offline mode :P
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 09:40 AM   #18
LurkerLito

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Most, if not all of us, will purchase the game for its online feature. I really find it hard to believe that some might cancel it due to its online DRM or that some might buy it for its offline mode :P
I would without hesitation. This is probably one of the few games I would actually play online occasionally, and I have no issues with my online connection, but the fact that I cannot play the single player or the challenge parts without being logged in online is unacceptable. I have already had that wonderful experience with Capcom and PSN with Final Fight on the PS3, and I never want that problem to happen again, especially not on my PC. So regardless of how much I want or like a game, I would boycott any game that requires a persistent internet connection to function.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
Old 05-26-11, 09:43 AM   #19
Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I would without hesitation. This is probably one of the few games I would actually play online occasionally, and I have no issues with my online connection, but the fact that I cannot play the single player or the challenge parts without being logged in online is unacceptable. I have already had that wonderful experience with Capcom and PSN with Final Fight on the PS3, and I never want that problem to happen again, especially not on my PC. So regardless of how much I want or like a game, I would boycott any game that requires a persistent internet connection to function.
I have to agree, especially due to the examples you've given.

Also, I have this to offer. When I'm home and my internet is down, its one of the times I want to play games the most. No forums (LOL), no remoting in to work.....

Edit: And I'm even FINE with having the network connection required for the first few months to deter piracy. I just hate when companies don't say that they have a game plan to phase it out. In two years, it will be very hard to justify the overhead to keep the connection online. I don't want to be "locked out" of my game. There are several companies that initially require a connection then phase it out. Before I buy a game, I want to know what the game plan is.

It isn't a lot to ask for, IMO.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 03:31 PM   #20
LurkerLito

Well it looks like Capcom is listening to users since there is a backlash . I'll hold on to my preorder for the time being. Hope they listen to users though.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...QUESTION?pg=10

Old 05-26-11, 05:18 PM   #21
|MaguS|

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/26/ss...rustrate-buye/

You might all want to avoid this game... It's DRM is worse then Ubisofts Always Online DRM.
Old 05-27-11, 05:45 AM   #22
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

You might all want to avoid this game... It's DRM is worse then Ubisofts Always Online DRM.
considering that 100% of the time i will be online playing...online...it doesn't bother me.

Assasin Creed on the other hand was a single player only story..
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 12:45 PM   #23
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post

Extreme measures but also a step in the right direction in combating piracy. Yes, i know it will eventually get cracked but im guessing this kind of DRM isn't going to be that easy to crack whilst getting full features of the game.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 03:23 PM   #24
LurkerLito

Sweet news for SSFIV-AE PC buyers:
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122325/su...ae-drm-changes

Quote:
Shortly after launch (it might even be at launch, but we’ll see how submission timing and approval goes) we will roll out a small title update that will completely remove the character limitations for offline mode. That is to say, once you’ve updated, you will be able to use all 39 characters when not connected to the Internet to practice your combo timings, have some fun with a friend on a laptop, or whatever while offline.
So hats of to Capcom for making changes after asking for customer's input.