Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-11, 04:49 PM   #25
mullet

Default Re: hahaha goodbye consoles..

Consoles to gaming are like soccer to the sports. Sure the both exists but we all know both are dumbed down so the general public with no skills can play.
Old 05-26-11, 05:06 PM   #26
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Listen dude. The gaming industry made lots of money on the PC platform, other wise it wouldn't invest so much in consoles now. Also, stop saying "people like you", it's like your blaming PC fans and think they actually have a hand in this sort of thing. Game developers making money doesn't give us better ports of games, if It did, Counter Strike and Half-life 2 wouldn't be the best and most played games still.

Now STFU and go play your expensive console games sucker.
Listen dude. I only own a wii, and I only have used it in the last year or so to play classic NES and SNES games on the virtual console. I play everything on my PC. When I say "people like you" I'm pointing at fanboy assholes who lament that console exist and cry that "our PC games are bad because of consoles!" and such. If developers had the same selfish ass attitude that they do, they wouldn't spend a dime on PCs, they'd develop everything for a single platform that benefits them most. Fact is, consoles are game only machines, PCs aren't, if anything is pushing games and game tech and new gaming methods, its consoles. Gaming on PCs is only as good as it is now because of console ports. You whine about console ports, but the other option isn't PC only, the other option is console only, and thats the reality of it.

I find it funny you mention counterstrike, because its probably the most dumbed down console-ish shooter out there, hence why its so popular.
Old 05-26-11, 05:34 PM   #27
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
lmao. You guys are so funny... I didn't write the article nor was I the guy answering the questions. Hooker??? Sounds like you guys need to quit getting off on your R_Rod boxes already...

I hate consoles because I hate the garbage PC ports, I want PC developed games back that work out of the box. Its time for PC gaming to make a comeback and exactly what Chris Taylor is saying in the article.

$2000 for a gaming PC - you are WAAAAAY outta touch with reality.. thus the need to buy a $500 console. Good for you... it fits.

Vin and Doc are obviously console gamers, they wouldn't defend it like that if they weren't. Whats the matter did we hurt your feelings??? Back to your basements boys!!
Clearly, $199.99 rounds up to $500.

Fact: excess punctuation makes you look witty.
Old 05-26-11, 05:41 PM   #28
Bah!

Quote:
lmao. You guys are so funny... I didn't write the article nor was I the guy answering the questions. Hooker??? Sounds like you guys need to quit getting off on your R_Rod boxes already...

I hate consoles because I hate the garbage PC ports, I want PC developed games back that work out of the box. Its time for PC gaming to make a comeback and exactly what Chris Taylor is saying in the article.

Did you even read the article? Chris Taylor is a moron who is happy that PC gaming has gone casual. I don't know how anyone who is a die hard PC gamer could be happy about what he talks about.

Things like:

Quote:
But I don’t know who was taking stock, because between The Sims, and World of Warcraft, and what’s happened in China with PC gaming, what’s happened in terms of PC games being played in the social and casual space, it’s all around us.
Who cares about The Sims, World of Warcraft, China, Social or Casual games? Surely not the PC gamers I know!

Chris Taylor has gone to the darkside of PC gaming, free to play junk, and has even stated that whatever he does from this point on will also be free to play, in other words more junk.

Just reading this article makes me cringe if that's what the future of PC gaming is:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/25/ch...-free-to-play/

Why, exactly, are you happy about this? Because of his one stupid quote about consoles? Because the PC market is making millions and millions off of casual trash that the average PC gamer can't stand?

PC gaming might be bigger than ever, but it's also mostly flooded with casual, facebook, time waster type games that don't reflect what I or anyone else I know envisioned when we started playing PC games decades ago.

Anyone who questions the future of consoles in relation to the PC is an idiot. Keep dreaming that PC's will suddenly blow up again and that consoles will go the way of the dodo. If anything the more powerful consoles get, the less and less likely that PC's will even be necessary for gaming in the future.
Old 05-26-11, 06:04 PM   #29
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Listen dude. I only own a wii, and I only have used it in the last year or so to play classic NES and SNES games on the virtual console. I play everything on my PC. When I say "people like you" I'm pointing at fanboy assholes who lament that console exist and cry that "our PC games are bad because of consoles!" and such. If developers had the same selfish ass attitude that they do, they wouldn't spend a dime on PCs, they'd develop everything for a single platform that benefits them most. Fact is, consoles are game only machines, PCs aren't, if anything is pushing games and game tech and new gaming methods, its consoles. Gaming on PCs is only as good as it is now because of console ports. You whine about console ports, but the other option isn't PC only, the other option is console only, and thats the reality of it.

I find it funny you mention counterstrike, because its probably the most dumbed down console-ish shooter out there, hence why its so popular.
Clearly you don't have a clue ,especially if you think consoles are just gaming machines. Selfish? I don't think it too much to ask for a PC game that released in good state, take a number of games lately that have been released to the PC like crud. You think PC gamers don't have the right to moan at sloppy second rate ports? We paid the money for them and brought the hardware.
Old 05-26-11, 06:22 PM   #30
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Clearly, $199.99 rounds up to $500.

Fact: excess punctuation makes you look witty.
I know guys that dropped $700 at launch.. you are looking at prices NOW. The point was that when the 360 was new and you needed a second controller, HD, etc you easily dropped $700. you could buy a decent PC for that money. I love how you pick and choose information to try and seem like you are right sometimes.

Don't worry I'm ashamed of you for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 05-26-11, 06:29 PM   #31
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
If console gaming died so would PC gaming....
Umm no there would just be a ton of n00bs to pwnzors.
Old 05-26-11, 06:30 PM   #32
ViN86

Quote:
I know guys that dropped $700 at launch.. you are looking at prices NOW. The point was that when the 360 was new and you needed a second controller, HD, etc you easily dropped $700. you could buy a decent PC for that money. I love how you pick and choose information to try and seem like you are right sometimes.

Don't worry I'm ashamed of you for you....
Right, because your numbers are more reasonable since the console launched over 5 years ago.

If you want to argue things in the present, try to keep your "facks" in the same time period.

Old 05-26-11, 06:37 PM   #33
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget

my head hurts >_<
Old 05-26-11, 06:46 PM   #34
Viral
Registered User of Women

Re: original article.

Chris taylor can say all he wants, but Supcomm 2 sucked ass and was pretty consolised as far as gameplay dynamics go.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Old 05-26-11, 07:33 PM   #35
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Clearly you don't have a clue ,especially if you think consoles are just gaming machines. Selfish? I don't think it too much to ask for a PC game that released in good state, take a number of games lately that have been released to the PC like crud. You think PC gamers don't have the right to moan at sloppy second rate ports? We paid the money for them and brought the hardware.
Oh yeah? What the main purpose of a console then, rocket scientist? To check your email? Whats the main purpose of a PC? Heres a hint: Its not games.
Old 05-26-11, 07:43 PM   #36
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Oh yeah? What the main purpose of a console then, rocket scientist? To check your email? Whats the main purpose of a PC? Heres a hint: Its not games.
The main purpose of a console is to provide a gaming experience to persons incompetent of maintaining a gaming PC. /truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Closed Thread