Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-11, 01:56 AM   #49
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Default Re: hahaha goodbye consoles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
The main purpose of a console is to provide a gaming experience to persons incompetent of maintaining a gaming PC.
Not everyone wants to get their hands 'dirty', plus what are the exact benefits of getting 'dirty'?
You don't need a super-powerful machine to play nowadays games with ease and comfort...

Nah, it's a matter of choice, like... the difference between driving a Ferrari or an Honda Civic, they have differences, of course, but they do the same... drive, so... who are you to question others' choices?

You have clearly demonstrated you're a PC fanboy at the most extreme level. Ok. We already knew that, so what now?
Old 05-27-11, 02:00 AM   #50
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
10 years from now some kind of OnLive-type service will probably take over because the bandwidth will finally be there to make it viable and its everything publishers and most developers ever wanted, total control over their content.
But even nowadays, the problem of people living in uncovered areas (service-wise) is still present, so I'm not too sure about the full-stream service, they still need to be able to store the actual game, instead of getting it streamed...
Old 05-27-11, 04:46 AM   #51
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
But even nowadays, the problem of people living in uncovered areas (service-wise) is still present, so I'm not too sure about the full-stream service, they still need to be able to store the actual game, instead of getting it streamed...
10 years should fix that. Just a prediction, but I can see it coming. Top end 4g wireless should have nearly 100% coverage by then in any major industrial nation, with 50mbit speeds, and newer fiber can pick up the backbone slack. Why bother with hardware at all when it can all be streamed? All the overhead and costs are gone, all you have is the games and the bandwidth to supply. Latency is the only issue, but I think they can localize servers enough to fix that eventually.
Old 05-27-11, 05:19 AM   #52
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

in 10 years KonSouls will zap deh images riyht into yous brain!!!!
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
Old 05-27-11, 05:22 AM   #53
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
You don't need a super-powerful machine to play nowadays games with ease and comfort...
thats because games are designed for old hardware tech. lots of console games have poor low res textures and popin or bloom and fog to hide their graphical limitations.

in not totally against consoles, id buy one if i couldn't afford a pc, but the age they are before an update is out is ridiculous, using out of date hardware for many years while the pc is leaps and bounds ahead thus limiting the potential of the PC with half arsed ports. The ps3 is 6 years old, the 360 is about the same. 5+ years is very out of date. Console only gamers are missing out most of the time on what graphics could have now if their tech was up to date

i also hate using a controller for FPS's
Old 05-27-11, 05:43 AM   #54
HiCZoK4

I enjoy my 360. But dont see a reason why wouldny I njoy pc again if it would only been cheaper and had games
Old 05-27-11, 05:47 AM   #55
HiCZoK4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I know guys that dropped $700 at launch.. you are looking at prices NOW. The point was that when the 360 was new and you needed a second controller, HD, etc you easily dropped $700. you could buy a decent PC for that money. I love how you pick and choose information to try and seem like you are right sometimes.

Don't worry I'm ashamed of you for you....
That pc You could buy for that $700 of Yours back in 2005 would be a completer trash now while 360's still paly new games.
On the other side. Consoles are slowing market which is good and bad. Good thing - Pc hardware isnt aging as fast.
bad side - Games arent looking as good as they could(which I dont give a **** about)
Old 05-27-11, 07:47 AM   #56
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
10 years from now some kind of OnLive-type service will probably take over because the bandwidth will finally be there to make it viable and its everything publishers and most developers ever wanted, total control over their content.
I just tried Red Faction Armageddon demo through OnLive... and if you seriously think that will take off as a viable platform you have some screws loose. It was awful... stutter, lag, mouse lag, jaggies everywhere....the graphics looked pre-PS1. There is no way in hell I'd pay yearly, monthly, anything for that kind of gaming experience.

If anyone hasn't seen OnLive in action - try it, it's free to register for and you can play the RF Armageddon demo for 30 mins. Come back and let us know what you thought of it...I'd say OnLive would be the death of gaming after 10 mins of my free trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...

Old 05-27-11, 07:52 AM   #57
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
That pc You could buy for that $700 of Yours back in 2005 would be a completer trash now while 360's still paly new games.
On the other side. Consoles are slowing market which is good and bad. Good thing - Pc hardware isnt aging as fast.
bad side - Games arent looking as good as they could(which I dont give a **** about)
The only reason the 360 can still play games is because they are fine with releasing games that are so stripped down, low res textures, short draw distance with pop ins, dips under 30 fps... even on the lowest settings a PC game doesn't look as bad as most console games.

...and the only reason the industry is fine is because the kids will have their parents buy them these garbage games, then trade them in for 5% of the original purchase price. Consoles are a huge money pit. Gamestop loves you console users, they have built an empire on poor first purchase decisions and probably subsequent purchases of the same used games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 05-27-11, 08:04 AM   #58
ViN86

Quote:
Didn't they say that 10 years ago?
Old 05-27-11, 08:20 AM   #59
Bearclaw

This thread was terrible from the start. mailman2?

Old 05-27-11, 08:55 AM   #60
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

if consoles would go away, few things would happen

1) game quantity would decrease, that a good thing, there are way to many games released currently, with 3/4 of them not worth the time.

2) game quality will increase, since it would require more testing, "harder to please" crowd would not buy most of the console junk out there.

3) more hardware sales, hence prices would go down, and seriously $2,000 dollar rig to play a game, did someone get hit in a head with coconut? you don't need to spend that much

4) would get all the couch potatos to go outsite
Closed Thread