Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-11, 09:08 AM   #61
|MaguS|

Default Re: hahaha goodbye consoles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
if consoles would go away, few things would happen

1) game quantity would decrease, that a good thing, there are way to many games released currently, with 3/4 of them not worth the time.

2) game quality will increase, since it would require more testing, "harder to please" crowd would not buy most of the console junk out there.

3) more hardware sales, hence prices would go down, and seriously $2,000 dollar rig to play a game, did someone get hit in a head with coconut? you don't need to spend that much

4) would get all the couch potatos to go outsite
Yeah because all PC Exclusives are such winners. If anything quality would go down since most developers would go the casual route of Facebook games like. PC being the only platform would not instantly increase game quality, take for example this months releases so far, out of all the PC Exclusives to release so far only The Witcher 2 is worth a dam and even then it might not be on that list much longer since rumor is that its heading to consoles. Seriously, look at the Steam new release list... it's pretty sad.

Hardware sales would not go up for PCs since a still vast majority of PC Gamers do not build their own rigs, they buy them and you don't think business would take advantage of selling "Gaming PCs" then? I can see "Best Buy Geek Squad Customer Built L33t Rig" only $3000!

No the couch potatoes would continue to watch TV and the fat ass PC Gamers would continue to play WOW.

PC Gamers really should be thanking the console industry, if it weren't for consoles the Game Industry would be ALOT smaller and the massive large budget titles wouldn't have ever been made since no publisher would spend 50 million in development.

Old 05-27-11, 09:25 AM   #62
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
You sir are a ****ing idiot, i didn't even mention FPS games. I play my consoles on a 50 inch plasma @ 1080p when available. There's tons of games that work great with a controller, if you want to miss out on games like uncharted forza gt5 etc be my guest. When having all 3 (not counting nintendo) formats you of course play the pc versions first and foremost, i play only exclusives on my consoles and apart from halo reach none of them are fps games. I think i play more PC games than you do anyway and i spend far more money on pc games than i do on console games. Unlike you i'm not a fanboy of either format, i play games that interest me, that are fun regardless of format.
I don't want a console and I couldn't give a f*ck man about those games. My mate has a PS3 and if I gave a crap, I play them on his. He has a 42" LCD TV, so as you can see, I don't give a crap.
Old 05-27-11, 09:46 AM   #63
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I know guys that dropped $700 at launch.. you are looking at prices NOW. The point was that when the 360 was new and you needed a second controller, HD, etc you easily dropped $700. you could buy a decent PC for that money. I love how you pick and choose information to try and seem like you are right sometimes.

Don't worry I'm ashamed of you for you....
I bought a 360 at launch, a PS3 at launch, and a Wii at launch...none of them cost $700, even with the added stuff.

I did spend $1100 on graphics cards for my PC this year, though.

Quote:
The main purpose of a console is to provide a gaming experience to persons incompetent of maintaining a gaming PC. /truth
*looks at your PC*
*looks at my PC*
*looks at my consoles*

Funny, I play console games and PC games, and my PC is superior to yours.

Obviously your "truth" is false.

Quote:

1) game quantity would decrease, that a good thing, there are way to many games released currently, with 3/4 of them not worth the time.

2) game quality will increase, since it would require more testing, "harder to please" crowd would not buy most of the console junk out there.

3) more hardware sales, hence prices would go down, and seriously $2,000 dollar rig to play a game, did someone get hit in a head with coconut? you don't need to spend that much

None of that would happen.

Oh, and btw, consoles have been around since before many of the people in this thread were born. They didn't suddenly come along and ruin PC gaming, they've always been there. The only thing that has changed is that they've advanced enough for a large percentage of PC gamers to no longer feel the need to keep building PC's to play games, when they can buy a console that does the same thing perfectly fine.

Face it, publishers and developers are going where the market is, and the market is trending towards consoles. If you think it's bad now, just wait until the next version of consoles hit and they can do 1080p, with better textures and AA.
Old 05-27-11, 10:01 AM   #64
Sean_W

Console users' games look the same as they did 5 years ago with the same hardware, where PC users' hardware brings new life into them. It's worth paying for new hardware that enhances the game experience more.

If you're happy with 5 year old console graphics then meh but don't assume PC gamers are.
Old 05-27-11, 10:27 AM   #65
wysiwyg

i have a 26" monitor and a 50" 1080 plasma, i still prefer playing games on my smaller monitor with its higher resolution
Old 05-27-11, 11:17 AM   #66
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Console users' games look the same as they did 5 years ago with the same hardware, where PC users' hardware brings new life into them. It's worth paying for new hardware that enhances the game experience more.

If you're happy with 5 year old console graphics then meh but don't assume PC gamers are.
Yup. God of War 3 looked JUST like Genji 2.
Old 05-27-11, 11:47 AM   #67
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearclaw View Post
This thread was terrible from the start. mailman2?

HEY! All I did was post a pro-PC gamer article on a Nvidia fan website... who'd know all the console fanbois that haven't played their PS3's for the last month were so ready to pounce! All that pent up rage over PSN I guess... my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 05-27-11, 11:53 AM   #68
Bah!

Quote:
HEY! All I did was post a pro-PC gamer article on a Nvidia fan website... who'd know all the console fanbois that haven't played their PS3's for the last month were so ready to pounce! All that pent up rage over PSN I guess... my bad.
You're not even a good troll at this point.

Old 05-27-11, 11:55 AM   #69
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:

Nekro - I agree. #1 and 2 especially... there are so many bad console games that - thankfully - never get ported to PC. But yea, I think we'd get less D quality games too. Sometimes I think they are just tossing a hail mary to PCs for some additional sales... SOF Payback, Big Rigs, Transformers, etc.

Quote:
Old 05-27-11, 11:59 AM   #70
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
I bought a 360 at launch, a PS3 at launch, and a Wii at launch...none of them cost $700, even with the added stuff.

I did spend $1100 on graphics cards for my PC this year, though.
You didn't buy a 360 at launch with the extra controller and HD then, cause I know a bunch of guys that dropped $700 launch day on their 360s. The premium pack was $400 then you added a second wireless controller ($50) and a game or 2 ($60 each)...and if you needed the wireless adaptor ($100)...

Why do you need to spend $1100 for console ports??? lmao. Looks at my PC, looks at your PC... yup.

Quote:
Old 05-27-11, 12:01 PM   #71
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
You're not even a good troll at this point.
You are though. Nice job!

Quote:
Old 05-27-11, 12:14 PM   #72
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
So what is the point of this thread?

I swear the PC fanboys are the dumbest group of people on the Internet. You all spend all your time talking about how evil consoles are and how they ruin games and blah blah blah.

You know how much time console players spend thinking about your precious PC platform? None. They are happily playing their games.

Now, who are the "true gamers", again?
Exactly! All they do is complain about everything regarding their hobby. If you hobby makes you this pathetic and such a crybaby then why do you do it?
Closed Thread