Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-11, 12:20 PM   #73
CaptnStubing

Default Re: hahaha goodbye consoles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
lmao. You guys are so funny... I didn't write the article nor was I the guy answering the questions. Hooker??? Sounds like you guys need to quit getting off on your R_Rod boxes already...

I hate consoles because I hate the garbage PC ports, I want PC developed games back that work out of the box. Its time for PC gaming to make a comeback and exactly what Chris Taylor is saying in the article.

$2000 for a gaming PC - you are WAAAAAY outta touch with reality.. thus the need to buy a $500 console. Good for you... it fits.

Vin and Doc are obviously console gamers, they wouldn't defend it like that if they weren't. Whats the matter did we hurt your feelings??? Back to your basements boys!!
Then don't buy them.

You call vin a child yet don't you see how pathetic your posts are?

Doc plays PC games with me all the time on Steam. At least, at the very least know what you are talking about.

Show me the proof that Doc and Vin live in a basement with their parents.
Old 05-27-11, 12:25 PM   #74
Sean_W

Vin and DD have to take that type of view, they're mods. Mods shouldn't show their biased side. If they hated consoles I'm pretty sure they wouldn't say it here because you need to be have a balanced opinion.

Try and disagree with someone else mailman. CaptnStubing is a good choice to start with.
Old 05-27-11, 12:35 PM   #75
Logical

Hatred towards another platform other than the one you own is just silly. At the end of the day we all get to play games on a preferred system or in some cases more than 1 system.

Consoles dying will never happen..Even if for some reason Sony did go under (which they won't) another company will come along and show off there new gaming system. Its like saying a Blu ray player will fail or a washing machine will fail...lol

There will always be gaming machines one way or another, for a platform to fail it would mean that all devs developing for that platform would have to fail which also wouldn't happen as most devs are cross platform.

Console gaming and PC gaming are at a very high point atm and all this BS talk of any platform dying really pisses me off...

The only people to blame for lack of quality games that use the potential of todays hardware are the Devs...but they have have a very valid reason for choosing consoles over PC when it comes to cross platform development and that is 'cost effectiveness'.

It's not all bad when brand new next gen consoles are released as it is then that the console ports will make more use of todays hardware, however after 3 or 4 years this console hardware won't do for the PC enthusiast that likes to upgrade every 6 months...
Old 05-27-11, 12:41 PM   #76
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Show me the proof that Doc and Vin live in a basement with their parents.
I was kidding about that... I know they don't. Some of it was humor. And while they don't I'm sure there are some people here that still do

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 05-27-11, 12:52 PM   #77
CaptnStubing

Quote:
I was kidding about that... I know they don't. Some of it was humor. And while they don't I'm sure there are some people here that still do
I do my console gaming from under a over-pass. I steal my power and internet from a nearby 7Eleven.

don't judge me
Old 05-27-11, 12:56 PM   #78
lduguay
Un-Ripped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
(Snip) Consoles dying will never happen... (snip)
Not so sure, wait until that Demolition man's helmet gets out on the market.

Evga X58|I7 965 3.8GHz|Ultra 120 Extreme|Evga GTX 480 SC|2 x Intel X25-M 80GB RAID 0|Intel 520 - 240 GB|WD Black Caviar 1TB|6GB Corsair XMS3 1600C8 |Corsair 1000W PSU|Antec Twelve-Hundred|DELL U3011|Logitech G500|Logitech G19
Old 05-27-11, 01:08 PM   #79
Sean_W

Quote:
I do my console gaming from under a over-pass. I steal my power and internet from a nearby 7Eleven.

don't judge me
Consider yourself judged you thief. Welcome to the real world, were people get judged all the time.
Old 05-27-11, 01:12 PM   #80
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Consider yourself judged you thief. Welcome to the real world, where innocent people get judged all the time.
fix'd

Old 05-27-11, 01:12 PM   #81
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:

don't judge me
LMAO. With your modded 360 and burned games you rule the night!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
Old 05-27-11, 01:25 PM   #82
CaptnStubing

Quote:
LMAO. With your modded 360 and burned games you rule the night!!
Inorite!?
Old 05-27-11, 01:32 PM   #83
Bearclaw

Quote:
HEY! All I did was post a pro-PC gamer article on a Nvidia fan website... who'd know all the console fanbois that haven't played their PS3's for the last month were so ready to pounce! All that pent up rage over PSN I guess... my bad.
I don't have a PS3. But nice try.

Old 05-27-11, 01:57 PM   #84
Bah!

Quote:
You didn't buy a 360 at launch with the extra controller and HD then, cause I know a bunch of guys that dropped $700 launch day on their 360s. The premium pack was $400 then you added a second wireless controller ($50) and a game or 2 ($60 each)...and if you needed the wireless adaptor ($100)...

Why do you need to spend $1100 for console ports??? lmao. Looks at my PC, looks at your PC... yup.
Of course I did. Bought it when it came out at Circuit City, came with the console, 20g HD and a game for $450. I bought a second game for $50, for a grand total of $500, which coincidentally is the same price as your single video card.

For a PC gaming elitist you aren't very elite if you have to wonder why I would own multiple high end video cards.

Much like you think it sucks to play games on a console, I think it sucks to play PC games like The Witcher 2, Rift, or even Crysis 2 on a single 480 given the settings I play with. You can laugh your ass off all you want, but I've owned your graphics card and it wasn't enough.
Closed Thread