Go Back   nV News Forums > Website Related > Feedback Forum

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-02, 02:15 PM   #1
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Why are the mods moving threads?

Why are you guys doing this? You are moving too many topics to one thread that need to be addressed separately.

There are too many separate topics that you are lumping into one thread to keep track of and that are not going to get addressed.

I can see moving a post to a proper thread but not turning a specific thread that is addressing a specific issue into a post in another thread.

Case in point, you turned two separate threads into posts and put them all in the official driver feedback thread. The posts are now out of order and make no sense from one post to the other.

Why don't the mods just leave some things alone and provide a forum that is orderly and let the threads stand? They are there for a reason even if the mod doesn't think so.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Last edited by Mike89; 08-30-02 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-30-02, 02:37 PM   #2
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

because your not posting them in the right forum, like this one for example that was moved to Feedback Forum
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
Old 08-30-02, 02:47 PM   #3
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Of course I didn't post this thread in the proper section. But that's not at all what you did to two different threads that were in the proper section (driver section).

Driver section means driver section. There was an official 40.41 driver thread which is getting quite large and have too many separate issues that some may want to go into in more detail.

Specifically I had posted a thread on modifying the driver inf which is quite specific but for some reason you decide it shouldn't be a stand alone thread and then turn it into a post and lump it into the feedback thread.

Then someone else starts a thread on refresh rate registry issues which is again very specific and needs its own adressing. I go and post into this thread which was close to the issues I want to discuss in my thread you dissected. Well I'll be damned if you didn't go and turn that thread (with three posts already in it) into separate posts and again lump them all into the feedback thread and not even in the order they were placed. Now they don't even make sense to each other.

I then see some other threads in the driver section and I'm wondering why you didn't also change all of them into posts and just make one gigantic feedback thread.

I see no reasoning for what you are doing. Why don't you just leave the specific threads alone if they are in the proper forum?
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Old 08-30-02, 02:56 PM   #4
|JuiceZ|

Mike89 the fact is we're trying to clean this forum as a whole up, and yer threads have gotten caught in the midst. I do understand your point about posts getting lost when they're merged, and this is nothing I have control over. vb 2.2.6 doesn't allow you to specify what location you want a specific post merged in at, they're done based upon date. Trust, me if I could have I would. My point is there can become and infinite number of driver issues and we don't need 5 or 6 seperate threads about the same driver, even if they are in the same forum, thats why we have a search option.

Although, since it has been posted in the driver forum, I will see if we can make a 'few' as 2 or 3 seperate threads on the most important issues concerning drivers such as refresh rate, image quality, etc....

Also, check yer PM....

Update

nVnews community, how do you guys think the drivers forum should be formatted?
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
Old 08-30-02, 03:06 PM   #5
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

I just don't agree with you determining which thread you think is important or relevant. What's important or valid to you may be quite different from mine or anyone elses. So what if there's 8 different threads in the driver section if they're all addressing specific issues. (which the two were that you changed into posts).

I've have not seen any mod in this forum exercise the kind of discretion you are choosing to use (you are making it very hard for a person to post a specific issue that he want's addressed, that should be his call, not yours). I don't agree with it and am not very happy about it.
Old 08-30-02, 03:07 PM   #6
Matthyahuw

Send a message via ICQ to Matthyahuw Send a message via AIM to Matthyahuw Send a message via Yahoo to Matthyahuw

Yes, sorry Mike, this forum has gone into the toilet lately, too much spam, people posting in the wrong forums, we're just kinda cleaning it up the way we had it before the hack when we had a nice e-community going.

As to your thread, our thinking is if it's about the new 40 drivers, then it belongs in the new official 40 drivers thread...sorry you don't see it that way, but that's the way we are going to run the forums...lean and mean

As to your inf issue, no one knows yet, they are too new, I know nVidia had a pdf on their site on how to do it, but I don't know if it changed for the new drivers...
Old 08-30-02, 03:17 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike89
you are making it very hard for a person to post a specific issue that he want's addressed, that should be his call, not yours
So what exactly is the problem with posting in the thread that was designed to provide feedback for issues regarding the drivers?

Quote:
our thinking is if it's about the new 40 drivers, then it belongs in the new official 40 drivers thread...sorry you don't see it that way, but that's the way we are going to run the forums...lean and mean
I happen to agree with this. The forums don't need 3, 4, 5, 8, 26 threads that involve the same thing, be it drivers, 3dmark scores or whatever. I prefer to have a one-stop shop where I can browse through one topic. Perhaps my question in that one topic will have been answered, thus negating any need to post anything new.
Old 08-30-02, 03:18 PM   #8
|JuiceZ|

Quote:
I just don't agree with you determining which thread you think is important or relevant. What's important or valid to you may be quite different from mine or anyone elses. So what if there's 8 different threads in the driver section if they're all addressing specific issues. (which the two were that you changed into posts).
but they were about the SAME driver version, had it been a different set of drivers it would have been fine. Also, I know you've been too busy complaining about your own threads to notice, but currently the official one is getting the most views, thus the most post, thus more people who may be able to answer you question.

Quote:
I've have not seen any mod in this forum exercise the kind of discretion you are choosing to use (you are making it very hard for a person to post a specific issue that he want's addressed, that should be his call, not yours). I don't agree with it and am not very happy about it.
...and to compliment what Matt said, thats why we're the mods and you're not.

Old 08-30-02, 03:38 PM   #9
AshG
RootzWiki Minion

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

Quote:
I highly recommend that you revisit the Termsof Service and the EULA that you agreed to when you joined these forums. You should be full aware that all posts at nV news may be moved, edited, or deleted at any time and for any reason by a moderator or administrator.

Bulletin boards and forums such as this are not free-speech zones, rather they are subject to the rules and regulations you agreed to when you sign up. You may gripeand complain all you want, but unless your name is on the official ownership papers there's not a thing you can do about it.

Thank you for posting, please drive through.
Old 08-30-02, 03:48 PM   #10
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Well I can see I'm outflanked and aren't going to get anywhere on this one.

I will just go on record saying I don't agree with it.

For you to tell me that everything that comes under a driver heading has to go into one thread only is just plain ridiculous. A person could go through reading a hundred posts to get one that is addressing what he wanted info on or comment on where if a specific thread was made, many could go without having to read one gigantic thread and hope he finds it. What you are doing is forcing someone who wants info on something specific to have to read a whole thread which may have info he's not interested in. Big threads are not that good because people get tired of reading and start missing info. How many times have you seen a great big thread where people are asking the same questions over and over because the thread was just too big that people started skimming instead of reading.

That was a pretty cute remark of you saying, "that's why we are the mods and you're not". I guess you thought it was necessary to throw that in eh?

I guess when I need to post a thread about something specific, I'll have to go to a different forum and when I have time to kill and want to sift through one big thread to find what I want, I'll look here.
Old 08-30-02, 03:53 PM   #11
AshG
RootzWiki Minion

Send a message via ICQ to AshG Send a message via AIM to AshG Send a message via MSN to AshG Send a message via Yahoo to AshG

Two words,bud: Search Option. It works amazingly well for those people intuitive enough to use it.

Feel free to post specific questions here, so long as there's not already a thread which addresses the issue.

Yessh. have you ever thought that thiscould have been handled in a more efficient, quick, positive manner had you not decided to insult and berate the mods here? If it's your choice to go somewhere else for "specific" questions, more power to you - just be sure to let the mods and admins wherever that is that you expect to post Burger King style (Have it your way.).
Old 08-30-02, 04:03 PM   #12
|JuiceZ|

Quote:
For you to tell me that everything that comes under a driver heading has to go into one thread only is just plain ridiculous.
Can you please refresh my memory on where I said that, because its kinda funny I don't remember? What I do remember saying is the following:

Quote:
...had it been a different set of drivers it would have been fine.
which translates into, "If you would have posted about a different set of drivers it would have been fine to create a seperate topic, but since we already had an *official* thread going about the drivers in question, thats where the post should have been made."

Don't speak in absolutes, intelligent people deal with issues on a point-by-point basis.
Closed Thread