News

Post Call of Duty Elite subscriptions explained

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 09:21 AM   #2
ViN86

Default Re: Call of Duty Elite subscriptions explained

Quote:
Activision's plans for a new subscription component for Call of Duty games, dubbed Call of Duty Elite, have leaked online ahead of the official embargo.

Call of Duty Elite will, according to the Wall Street Journal, launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 in November this year.

Elite offers players a number of analysis tools, as well as extra content and downloadable map packs in return for a monthly subscription. Tools include level maps, stat-tracking, player-searching tools and the ability to create clans and groups.

The cost of the subscription has yet to be determined, but Activision was keen to stress that players will not need to pay to play Call of Duty's standard multiplayer. Payment is only required for the Elite toolset.

More information will become available when the embargo lifts later today, but until then let us know your thoughts in the forums and check out the Modern Warfare 3 trailer below. More videos are available in the trailers section.
I never bought a COD map pack. Now I definitely never will since I won't pay for this service...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 10:08 AM   #3
Runningman

before I cast judement I want to see how this plays out first, this might be a good thing if the perks are there and consistantly added with that monthly fee...
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 10:45 AM   #4
Bman212121

Eh... If you're already paying $60 for a game now you're going to be paying a maintenance fee on top of that...

The way I see it they will just have less maps released with the game that way there is "added value" to their subscription. Once again it basically just separates the market and makes it harder to actually play the game. It's hard enough already to get all of your friends to shell out $60 so you can play together, now on top of that everyone would need to have a subscription if you actually wanted to use the bonus content.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 11:29 AM   #5
Airbrushkid

I won't pay $60.00 and I will not pay for a subscription. They go to hell. But of course there will be many brain dead's out there there that will pay for it. If pc gamers stuck together none of this **** would ever happen.
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 06:28 PM   #6
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

COD is super desperate now aren't they, they need the crazy money coming in like they would normally, watch this crap tank. BF:BC is leaps and bounds better then BO by far, I can't believe people didn't sock it to the creators after they pushed back COD by releasing BO, it was on an older engine wasn't it, then MW2? It certainly looked worse, and gameplay was meh at best. I will not pay for crap that people produce and call it a product. It better entertain the crap OUT of me, not give me more of it.

I hope BF3 blows the doors down on BO2 or whatever the next COD is gonna be, and I hope BF steals all the money from those stupid money grubbing producers. I could give the russians that hacked up GTA IV and made it a billion times better game, the software for the next COD, and it would look and play better then most of the shooters out there including any of the COD's.

This is the time when developers are getting away with lazy crap, and us people are letting them do it by buying their crap. Don't let them do this, stop buying products that are obviously only attempts at getting money nothing more or less.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote