Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Networking And Security

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-24-11, 12:01 PM   #1
Technoholic

Send a message via MSN to Technoholic
Default DIR-655 Wireless Log

I've been trying to google this before posting this thread. I'm trying to find the log or a list of people who connected to my router, DLink DIR-655, a history or currently connected. I found the list under SETUP > NETWORK SETTINGS under the Number of Dynamic DHCP Clients. But I'm not sure of this is it, it looks like it.

But I think it is actually under STATUS > WIRELESS, but for some reason it takes forever to load.

Specifically, what I am looking for is to block some IP addresses. Yes, I know I also came across you can't really block IP address because it will automatically assign a different one that is not in used. But there is a hardware address in the list under SETUP page, would this be a valid way to block them?

Changing my wireless security might be my best bet though.. I'm currently set up with WEP and WPA2 is the better security out there. I found a WPA key generator online, but I prefer to use something more simple, easy to remember, so I can set up whatever I want in the passphrase for WPA2?

Say for example, Ph34r&TecHn0hol!c ? Just an example.

But first, I want to know if it is possible to find the log of people who connected to my router because I'm not sure where to find it. I've seen it on Microsoft MN700 but this thing is dead now.
-- EVGA 280GTX | SAMSUNG 225BW | X-FI XTREMEGAMER FPS | Z-5300e | Z-2300 | 250GB SEAGATE | RAZER LACHESIS
-- 320GB WESTERNDIGITAL | TAGAN 700W | G15 rev. 2 | NINE HUNDRED | VISTA HOME PREMIUM
-- no longer own this system

[MY LAPTOP]
-- MAC BOOK PRO 13" | DUAL BOOT WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | 2.3GHz i5 | 4GB DDR3 |
-- OSX LION | 320GB HDD
-- Stolen :^(

[STUFF]
-- PSN: lqfocus06
-- AEKDB
Technoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-11, 01:39 PM   #2
Runningman

Default Re: DIR-655 Wireless Log

Is this the latest firmware? if not, try to upgrade first before doing anything else...
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote