Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-10-11, 07:14 PM   #13
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Dungeon Siege 3 - Demo on Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Not liking it. I loved the other DS games. This seems consolized, dumbed down and kid-like. Pass..and I'm a huge Diablo-type RPG fan, too.
wow, they really screwed this game up. this is overall simplistic.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 07:38 PM   #14
Yaboze

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
As if PC gaming isn't kid-like. All video gaming is kid-like. That is noting adult about and I am fine with that. That being said the demo was boring.

That is what video gamers do. They bitch about everything. The over-react to pretty much everything. They act as if this hobby is highbrow yet they scream like little girls at 95% of everything in their hobby.
Geez, Stubing.....you're bitching about gamers bitching. In my case, I should have just said it sucked but that still wouldn't have been good enough for you.

Kid-like...Video games are not all "kid like" just because they are video games. Mario is kid-like. Age of Conan is not kid-like. There are ratings on games, like movies.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 09:14 PM   #15
CaptnStubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
Geez, Stubing.....you're bitching about gamers bitching. In my case, I should have just said it sucked but that still wouldn't have been good enough for you.

Kid-like...Video games are not all "kid like" just because they are video games. Mario is kid-like. Age of Conan is not kid-like. There are ratings on games, like movies.
No I'm making fun of gamers and their never ending crying about games.

No, all video games are kid-like in that they are video games. You can make it as bloody and sex filled as you want it is all kid-like. That is nothing adult about video games at all. I don't mind it not being adult because I play them as well but don't kid your self and think that video games are mature. LMAO!
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 10:42 AM   #16
JohnDio

Dungeon Siege III SLI Workaround
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 08:45 PM   #17
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Wow... this is one bad game... I mean... really... really... bad. I absolutely LOVED the first dungeon siege. Even part 2 was pretty good.

But this? WTF. Its not even dungeon siege anymore...
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 08:59 PM   #18
shilk

One rule I have lived by and has done me very good over the years is to steer far, far away from Obsidian Entertainment games. I'm glad my rule hasn't failed me yet. I'm surprised this company is still in business.

And LOL at the new Penny Arcade comic.

Old 06-23-11, 09:31 AM   #19
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

I've never been particularly overwhelmed with any of the DS games to be honest. The first game was pretty linear and more or less played itself. Just click to move somewhere, let all your characters go destroy everyone on the screen on their own then click to move forward again.

I played the 2nd one for about 5 hours and it was pretty much the same.

They weren't BAD games, they certainly looked nice but it was a very casual RPG (I hesitate to call it that) more of a top down adventure game..

The thing I did like about them though is that I never felt like I was grinding away for stat points. I think that's what is nice about them. Titan Quest is the same way only with more challenging combat and depth to the skills.

They were fun but not for the reasons that I was expecting. DS 1/2 are very casual, linear and lacking in fighting strategy (it's more or less just sit back and watch the big gang bang) but fun to look at and see all the different areas.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that after reading through a lot of the reviews, I'm certain that I would enjoy DS III far more than dragon age II yet DAII has near perfect review scores and DS III is getting torn apart.... I guess Obsidian didn't have enough $$ to line the pockets of the critics.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 10:15 AM   #20
Yaboze

Has anyone purchased this? I was wondering how the full game was?

Old 06-23-11, 01:35 PM   #21
shilk

Try the demo if you haven't already. WYSIWYG, etc., etc.

There was an interview where one of the devs said that they're going to remap the controls to make it more accessible for PC users. They did exactly the opposite. Not only are the controls very awkward, there's NO OPTION to remap any of the function to whatever you like. Supposedly a patch is coming out to rectify this, but it's Obsidian Entertainment we're talking about here.

You should check out the Steam forums or better yet, the official forums. Yes, it's that bad. Also, the whole main campaign is about 10 hours long. That's it. Very short for a Dungeon Siege game.

But here's the real kicker. Co-op games share a split screen. I'm not kidding. You spend $100 on a game so you and a friend can play it (more if you buy a controller) and you get split screen. LOL. You can't have your own full widescreen glorious 1080p screen to yourself that's only for single player.

You can't even freakin' TRADE ITEMS in the game during co-op.

What's the damn point of this game? Seriously?
Old 06-23-11, 02:25 PM   #22
Yaboze

Oh man....

Well, I did try the demo and wasn't impressed, but I was hoping the full game might be better. Guess not.
Old 06-25-11, 09:52 PM   #23
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilk View Post
One rule I have lived by and has done me very good over the years is to steer far, far away from Obsidian Entertainment games. I'm glad my rule hasn't failed me yet. I'm surprised this company is still in business.
But you're missing out on New Vegas and NWN2, both really good games. New Vegas is the first game in a long time I played almost constant only breaking for work and sleep.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-11, 10:04 PM   #24
Yaboze

I liked NV, but I'm not liking the DLC's as much as the FO3 ones.