I'm Geralt

Default Red Faction Armageddon

check it out

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3...faction/100960
Old 06-05-10, 02:49 PM   #2
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Red Faction Armageddon

You're the grandson of Red Faction: Guerrilla protagonist Alex Mason, a catastrophe has befallen Mars, humanity is pushed deep underground, but below the surface aliens also lurk:

Half a century after the Red Faction resistance and their Marauder allies freed Mars from the brutal Earth Defense Force, harmony on Mars is again threatened but this time by a lethal force shrouded in mystery.
When the massive Terraformer that supplies Mars with its Earth-like air and weather is destroyed, the atmosphere turns to chaos, super-tornados and lightning storms engulf the planet. To survive, the Colonists flee to the underground mines and build a network of habitable caves.

Five years later, Darius Mason, grandson of Martian Revolution heroes Alec Mason and Samanya, runs a lucrative business from Bastion, underground hub of Colonist activity. Mining, scavenging, mercenary work--if the job is dangerous, Darius is your man. Few sane people now venture to the ravaged surface, aside from contractors like Darius and the smugglers who run goods between the settlements.

When Darius is tricked into reopening a mysterious shaft in an old Marauder temple, he releases a long-dormant evil and unleashes Armageddon on Mars. As Colonist and Marauder settlements are torn asunder, only Darius and the Red Faction can save mankind. The battle will take them across the storm-blasted planet... and below it, to the very heart of the unspeakable threat.

Features:

•Hell on Mars - Darius Mason can only watch as the surface of Mars is destroyed. Seeking solace underground, an even greater threat emerges against humanity.
•Nano Forge - Unleash the devastating force of the Nano Forge with concussive blasts, core-shattering tremblers, and bone-crushing rhino charges.
•Extermination Mode - Four players can team up online to battle back the relentless tide of attackers as the mysteries of the ancient threat continue to unfold.
•Full Destruction - Tear down separatist outposts, rip apart alien monoliths, and reconstruct colonist defenses with Geo Mod 2.0, the most advanced real-time destruction engine to date.
•Fight for Survival - Free colonists from alien cocoons, reclaim cultist fortifications on the surface, and hunt for artifacts deep within alien hives to create unthinkable advanced weaponry.
Old 06-05-10, 03:23 PM   #3
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I don't know if I like aliens being in the series out of nowhere, but I guess it could be cool. The underground settings could make for some creepy gameplay, and it seems like a return to the original's gameplay maybe.

Looking forward to hearing more... trailer does confirm a PC release.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 03:32 PM   #4
trivium nate

the first game wasn't bad i liked how everything was destructible but you rem that one gun that disintigrated everything i cat rem the name of it but i forgot i had it on the last mission and had to keep re doing it until i finally beat it

anyways cant wait for this
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 03:40 PM   #5
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by trivium nate View Post
the first game wasn't bad i liked how everything was destructible but you rem that one gun that disintigrated everything i cat rem the name of it but i forgot i had it on the last mission and had to keep re doing it until i finally beat it

anyways cant wait for this
That wasn't the first game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-10, 03:58 PM   #6
trivium nate

well the last one RF guerilla
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-10, 12:36 PM   #7
HiCZoK4

So how was the guerrilla? I never got into it becouse of performance wise... But it might be fun on xplumberbox
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 03:14 PM   #8
JohnDio

Red Faction: Armageddon PC Demo available on OnLive
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-26-11, 03:35 PM   #9
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Well I've never used OnLive before and after that displayed of horrid stuttering, low fps and blocky graphics... I never will. And this is certainly not the future of gaming, it was awful. I've got 15mb/2mb connection too.

I can't believe some people would pay for something like this instead of just investing a few hundred in a decent gaming PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-11, 04:42 PM   #10
Ywap

I tried the 360 demo out and the game seemed really fun. Didnīt play far because i really dislike playing with a pad but i suspect it will rock pretty hard with a more suited controller device.
Old 05-27-11, 11:56 PM   #11
Killroy X

Played it on the Xbox, then on this onlive. Well, I'd still rather play onlive then Xbox as far as controls, but that's where it ends.

Suprising worked better than I thought. Controls were smooth and no studdering at all. However the graphics....yeeeesh. No so good. Not horrible, but for somebody with a half a decent rig, no thx.

I see a market thought for people who might have smaller screens and are playin something like the Ipad. that's it.

Game is fun, now I want a real demo on the PC.
320 Western Digital Caviar
eVGA MB 780i
Corsair 750TX
Antec 900 Case
Samsung Syncmaster 206BW
Asus VE247H LED
Windows 7 64 bit
Killroy X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-11, 08:38 AM   #12
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
So how was the guerrilla? I never got into it becouse of performance wise... But it might be fun on xplumberbox
Never finished it, missions were boring.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote