Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Mobile Devices And Smartphones

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-14-11, 01:13 PM   #1
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

Default So my wife wants the Evo 3D

She's been on a crappy HTC Touch Diamond for the last 2 years and is now eligible for a phone upgrade. After going through the different phones(present and upcoming), and watching their reviews online, she has settled on the Evo 3D. She uses her phone for taking photos and videos a lot, so the idea of taking them in 3D interested her. Not to mention we could also watch them on our 3D TV.

I am more interested in the dualcore 1.2Ghz processor, Sense 3.0 and Gingerbread. For now it looks like a winner, and might surpass my HTC thunderbolt too..
Old 06-25-11, 01:14 PM   #2
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

Default Re: So my wife wants the Evo 3D

Quick review:

screaming fast, Sense 3.0 is a very nice UI and its very smooth and fast
the phone is almost half the weight of my thunderbolt, and the screen is much brighter and slicker
3D effect is really good, shows a real sense of depth. The free Green Hornet movie is a good showcase for 3D. 3D photos also look very nice, dont know if they can somehow be viewed on my 3D TV
Battery life is a problem, which smartphone isnt. When 3D is on, battery just drains like crazy.

Overall a nice upgrade from the Evo 4G, definitely the best HTC phone out there ATM.
Old 06-25-11, 01:21 PM   #3
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
Quick review:

screaming fast, Sense 3.0 is a very nice UI and its very smooth and fast
the phone is almost half the weight of my thunderbolt, and the screen is much brighter and slicker
3D effect is really good, shows a real sense of depth. The free Green Hornet movie is a good showcase for 3D. 3D photos also look very nice, dont know if they can somehow be viewed on my 3D TV
Battery life is a problem, which smartphone isnt. When 3D is on, battery just drains like crazy.

Overall a nice upgrade from the Evo 4G, definitely the best HTC phone out there ATM.
Tons of smartphones have decent batteries but its a known issue that the Evo series has always been total **** in that regards.
Old 06-26-11, 09:00 PM   #4
Q

If you want a nice smart phone with decent battery life, get an iPhone. That's really the only legit choice.

Anyone who's followed me here knows I'm a Windows dork and own an HTC Incredible.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-11, 05:18 AM   #5
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

My iPhone 4's life is impressive. Unless you start streaming podcasts. Then it's ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote