Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-22-11, 02:30 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Onkyo HT-RC360?

Just noticed frys have special on onkyo hr-rc360 7.2 3d ready receiver. Msrp of 550 for two more days at frys for 299.99.

Anyone use this receiver? Heard anything bad about it?

I know its no thx certified, doesn't really matters.

Currently I have an old onkyo with no hdmi.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-11, 04:04 PM   #2
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Onkyo HT-RC360?

quick, some feedback ?
Old 06-23-11, 06:24 AM   #3
GIGARAM
Last one Dead is a sissy

Hi m8 i have the onkyo HT-R380 and its totaly worth the money the sound is very clear, it also has hdmi passthrough for the times you dont want to blow your mind with awesome sound plus it works with 3d on my ps3 and pc with no problems

http://us.playstation.com/publictrop...nename=gigaram

I Have 3 playstation 3's 60 gig got it day of release and a 250 gig PS3 and a limmited edition silver PS3 with 320 gig drive plus 2 psp 3000 and a psp go
and now a halo reach limited edition xbox 360 plus just got the gears of war 3 limmited edition xbox 360 lol and also pre-ordered the limited edition starwars xbox 360

Acer HN274H 120Hz 3D Monitor
Asus Rampage III Etreme
Intel Core i7 Extreme 990X
Corsair H70
Gainward Phantom 580 GTX 3Gb Superclock 2 off SLI
Corsair Vengance 24GB
OCZ revo 120Gb PCI-X SSD Boot drive
Weastern Digital Black edition 2Tb 2 off in mirror raid
Weastern Digital Black edition 2Tb for backup of steam
3D Blu-ray rw drive
Corsair HX 1000 Watt Psu
Windows 7 64 Bit
Logitech G19 Keyboard
Razer imperator Mouse
Corsair Obsidian 800D
GIGARAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 08:51 AM   #4
Bman212121

You can read some of the reviews on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-RC360...owViewpoints=1

Apparently this is a new product. Something I always check before seeing what kind of "deal" it is. You can get one for $375 from amazon so it is still a decent deal.

Here is something that stuck out to me:

Quote:

This receiver has a ton of features so plan on spending a week or two learning how to make the most of its capabilities. Below are some of the quick and easy features included that I have found useful:

- Plugging in a USB key into the front of the receiver to play content quickly and easily. The interface is very intuitive.

- Internet radio. Using vTuner was seamless and worked without any registration. Register if you want to create and manage favorite stations on your PC.

- Streaming music from my Windows Media Player 12 equipped PC over the network via dlna was quick to set up and effective.

- The Audyssey 2EQ is very user friendly and did a great job of testing out my room and calibrating individual speaker output. It saves a ton of individual settings (available in the regular menus). The surround effect when finished was outstanding for my 5.1 ATT Uverse and my 7.1 DVD player.

- The listening modes are grouped into four remote control buttons for Movie/TV, Music, Game, and Stereo. Since there are over 40 modes, having them grouped for usefulness is outstanding. Also, only the available modes are present - you won't get DTS-HD as a choice if it is not an option from your media being played.
Sounds like it should work very seamlessly with some of your current media setups.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 10:31 AM   #5
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Got it yesterday, won't be able to hook it up till Friday or Saturday.

Got it for 299+tax!!, but I have to say Fry’s can have really bad customer service.

So I checked store availability online and it said items available, placed store pickup order and got confirmation that it was available, I went to store next day to pick it up, cashier after wobbling over to another PC, 20 minutes later came back and told me that this items is not available.

Asked for manager, waited few more minutes for manager to show, and tried to tell me the same BS, item not available. Sorry we can't do anything for you. Then I asked for store manager, even longer wait, finally store manager noticed that items "just arrived in receiving". Store manager walks away to call someone.

Warehouse employee stops by with the unit, so i asked him, did the item just arrive? He replied no, it’s been sitting in warehouse since Monday, was told not to bring it out on the floor.

Then the cashier rung it up for 549.99, so again asked for manager again, finally they agreed to sell it for advertised 299 price.

I believe what happened was that they had the units in stock, but didn't want to sell them for that low price, so they kept them in back, till Friday when deal would run out and then bring them out.
Old 06-23-11, 11:02 AM   #6
mullet

Good job Necro, I don't let stores get away with that **** either. I have no idea how you can get new hardware and let it sit all week before installing it. As soon as I got home I would be busting into the box like a little kid on Christmas morning.
mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 11:45 AM   #7
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
Good job Necro, I don't let stores get away with that **** either. I have no idea how you can get new hardware and let it sit all week before installing it. As soon as I got home I would be busting into the box like a little kid on Christmas morning.
usually i'm the same, just really busy week at work

Oh and way out of the store I talked to the store manager again.

Imagine someone mortality obese even more than Oprah, she had to weight over 300.while waiting for the manager then later for the item from WH. she was standing there sticking her fingers between her breast, at one point almost half of the hand. She had a phone stuck between her breast and she was texting.
Old 06-23-11, 03:53 PM   #8
Hogrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Imagine someone mortality obese even more than Oprah...
NO WAY!

Old 06-23-11, 04:33 PM   #9
cmsmith

"Next time on Oprah...

The moon...

my butt...

Which is bigger...

That's next on Oprah!!"
cmsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 05:24 PM   #10
bacon12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullet View Post
He is way more patient than I would have been, and I guarantee I would have been irate by the time I spoke to the manager.

I would have then told he exactly what I thought of him lying about them just arriving. Typical incompetent $8/hr chain store bs.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-11, 12:16 PM   #11
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Got it yesterday, won't be able to hook it up till Friday or Saturday.

Got it for 299+tax!!, but I have to say Fryís can have really bad customer service.

So I checked store availability online and it said items available, placed store pickup order and got confirmation that it was available, I went to store next day to pick it up, cashier after wobbling over to another PC, 20 minutes later came back and told me that this items is not available.

Asked for manager, waited few more minutes for manager to show, and tried to tell me the same BS, item not available. Sorry we can't do anything for you. Then I asked for store manager, even longer wait, finally store manager noticed that items "just arrived in receiving". Store manager walks away to call someone.

Warehouse employee stops by with the unit, so i asked him, did the item just arrive? He replied no, itís been sitting in warehouse since Monday, was told not to bring it out on the floor.

Then the cashier rung it up for 549.99, so again asked for manager again, finally they agreed to sell it for advertised 299 price.

I believe what happened was that they had the units in stock, but didn't want to sell them for that low price, so they kept them in back, till Friday when deal would run out and then bring them out.
Wow, that's messed up. Good job sticking with it and getting that crazy deal.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 11:40 AM   #12
mullet

IS IT INSTALLED????????????
mullet is offline   Reply With Quote