Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-11, 11:24 AM   #1
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

http://kotaku.com/5814824/la-noire-h...o-the-computer

LA Noir is coming to PC. So get ready to play a great game!

I also can't wait to read how consolized the game is and how linear it is...
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 11:25 AM   #2
Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,808
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

YES!

Thanks for sharing, Magus.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 11:39 AM   #3
Vardant
 
Vardant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: EU
Posts: 1,041
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
http://kotaku.com/5814824/la-noire-h...o-the-computer

LA Noir is coming to PC. So get ready to play a great game!
Nice, pleasantly surprised.

Now where's my RDR?
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 12:31 PM   #4
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Nice, pleasantly surprised.

Now where's my RDR?
Not getting that. Probably only got LA Noir because console sales didn't really match their expectations. They expected 3-4 million sales.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/l...million-sales/

They got 1.45 million sales.

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/47563/la-noire/

Something tells me L.A. Noire was expensive to make too.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 12:44 PM   #5
JohnDio
Registered User
 
JohnDio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,026
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Nice, pleasantly surprised.

Now where's my RDR?
My guess is that Rockstar decided to release L.A. Noire because there are a lot of PC adventure fans. Let's not forget that Noire is an adventure game at its heart, so it's only natural to port it to PC
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 01:39 PM   #6
Arioch
Registered User
 
Arioch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,087
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

The game will also have 3D support for the 5 people that care...
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 02:31 PM   #7
bacon12
Registered User
 
bacon12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,532
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
http://kotaku.com/5814824/la-noire-h...o-the-computer

LA Noir is coming to PC. So get ready to play a great game!

I also can't wait to read how consolized the game is and how linear it is...
I am sure you will be eagerly waiting to complain about people complaining.
bacon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 02:48 PM   #8
HiCZoK4
 
HiCZoK4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,467
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

I am very happy that its coming to pc. Its BEST thing that could happen for noire and adventure games lovers.

It will proboably be like 100gb becouse all the faces are fmv, which on pc proboably will be in HD to match high resolutions.

I wonder what performance can we expect. It is gtaIV engine or Team Bondi self made stuff?

Anyway... If I would be a developer I would not agree to port it to pc. Its not going to sell much and people are going to complain a lot whenever its good or bad. I can fully understand why developer are choosing consoles market over pc, but thats also adding to that
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-11, 03:01 PM   #9
HiCZoK4
 
HiCZoK4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,467
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

There is plenty of cutscenes.
Besides that basicly the whole gameplay is one big cutscene
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 03:52 PM   #10
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
I am very happy that its coming to pc. Its BEST thing that could happen for noire and adventure games lovers.

It will proboably be like 100gb becouse all the faces are fmv, which on pc proboably will be in HD to match high resolutions.

I wonder what performance can we expect. It is gtaIV engine or Team Bondi self made stuff?

Anyway... If I would be a developer I would not agree to port it to pc. Its not going to sell much and people are going to complain a lot whenever its good or bad. I can fully understand why developer are choosing consoles market over pc, but thats also adding to that
Um no. The faces are not FMV... How would it be 100GB? Its not even 20GB on the consoles... High resolution textures wouldn't cause the storage to increase so dramatically.

slaWter, All cutscenes are in-game so there's no pre-rendered scenes. Imagine it like a linear less action oriented GTA. They offer the ability to skip portions of the game that do not interest you or you fail at. It's a very casual yet serious adventure game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 04:26 PM   #11
MaXThReAT
GTX to the MaX
 
MaXThReAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: EARTH
Posts: 1,862
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Um no. The faces are not FMV... How would it be 100GB? Its not even 20GB on the consoles... High resolution textures wouldn't cause the storage to increase so dramatically.

slaWter, All cutscenes are in-game so there's no pre-rendered scenes. Imagine it like a linear less action oriented GTA. They offer the ability to skip portions of the game that do not interest you or you fail at. It's a very casual yet serious adventure game.
Honestly I was wondering if they were rendered or something like Bink videos too. Good to know its all real time in-game. I've seen way too much use of video cut scenes recently. They used them in GTA IV, Batman and so many others.
This is really great news though. The best part is Rockstar says the PC version will have increased fidelity and other graphical enhancements so I'm keeping my finger crossed for nice textures, effects and a real PC experience...We'll see.
I truly hope Heavy Rain and RDR both get the same treatment when and if they are ported, I have not even looked at a single review or video of RDR but it would be a day one buy for me on PC just based on comments I've read.
__________________
Asrock z77 Extreme3 Intel i5 3470 @ 4.0Ghz
Gigabyte GTX660 OC 2GB
DDR3-1600 / 8Gig Ripjaw
SB X-Fi FPS / Z-5500 + Buttkicker!
"Don't mind the posts, I've been around longer than most know."
MaXThReAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-11, 04:31 PM   #12
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: LA Noire coming to PC this Fall.

Game is so good I'll buy it again.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.