Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-02-11, 04:37 PM   #1
proliferazor
this won't hurt a bit

Default X Rebirth the X series reboot!

Anyone else stoked for the new X game? X Rebirth is a total overhaul to the x series focusing on making it easier to play. X series are outer space flying fighting games fps style with a serious economics trading/crafting/mining system loads of fun and replay value!

X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of 2011.

It will not be released on consoles

BTW if you haven't tried the X series before now is a great time cause its on sale with steam

X3 Terran Conflict is the latest one

official Announcement trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabrDe4XJo0

recent QA and other stuff http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201105_1_44News.html

this pic is to big so click the link
http://www.egosoft.com/games/x_rebir...screen_005.jpg

proliferazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-11, 05:20 PM   #2
|MaguS|

Default Re: X Rebirth the X series reboot!

So they are dumbing down a PC Exclusive series for PC gamers? HA!

Love the original series... hopefully all they dumb down are the controls.
Old 07-02-11, 05:54 PM   #3
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

PC gaemrz r getting priity dum magz.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 02:01 PM   #4
lumpyhed
Are you ready?

I hope they have hyper-metric weapons
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 02:51 PM   #5
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

cool.. will give this a try... I tried X3 Terran Conflict several times and I really wanted to like it but crap just happens so slowly, even with using the warping system... oh, and I hated the bartering/trading system... but will give this a try, hopefully it will have a ton of depth...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 06:51 PM   #6
Vagabond
Real World Labs

Send a message via ICQ to Vagabond

The entire series were slow and hard to play.....We need something amongst the lines of Freespace or Freelancer....
Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 10:27 PM   #7
proliferazor
this won't hurt a bit

Some interesting tidbits of info.

They have rewritten the entire engine and have changed the way the game works completely. A few examples;

Instead of sectors you have trade lanes like freelancer. Trading with stations has been reworked so you don't have to dock to trade you just have to hover over a certain area of a station. There will probably be something like pods that transfer the products over.

The game engine is now multi core optimized!

From some of the pics it looks like you do get to go in planets at least far enough to dock with a station on them. Not much info on how that works though.

In the trailer you can clearly see what looks like cop ships with there red and blue emergency lights patrolling the trade lanes.

The developers have joked that this game is like GTA in space.

At the end of X3 Terran Conflict there was a supernova that destroyed all the jump games and pretty much destroyed everything. So this game starts out with everything being new. The old races and territories have been wiped out from what they were. So the entire universe is different and in a state of rebuilding.

There will be NPC's to help you manage your factories.

What's happened to the User Interface? Some are concerned it may be dumbed down and [the game] may even appear on console. - No, no console. The game will become less complicated, but no less complex.

The player can now target parts or critical systems of ships/stations to destroy those parts.

The game will still be totally modable.

There was confirmed at least 1 c0ckpit with a shaky cam image from a presentation but enough to get the point.

Also from a recent QA that was translated roughly to English

Q: Will there be sub menu or something about space map or is it still to early to say??

A: We can atm not show the details of the interface and that's because its not all finished, but of course there is some...or what we are trying....and what I already mentioned a few times. There is a very different interface. It will not be like menu over menus witch you have to navigate through and shuffle through. But of course there will be information that you will be able to access. You can call it a menu, but we don't call it that because it presented in another way. That has to do with you interacting with people, who then present you with those information and that changes how the information's are shown.

The devs keep dropping hints about how they have changed the game so there is more action, things are centered around stations more and the trade lanes bring everything together.

The shaky cam video of X Rebirth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUOyGnPP9ws
proliferazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 11:15 PM   #8
ArrowMk84

Heh, looking at that first screenshot, I'd say someone's been watching Battlestar Galactica.

I played Reunion and liked it, but it was time sink to get anywhere. I've also got Terrain Conflict on my Steam account, but I've barely touched it simply because I don't have the time to invest into something that moves that slow. Hopefully this new game will move faster.
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote