Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-13-03, 04:02 PM   #1
volt

Default Firebird And Tabbed Browsing

Just wanted to try out Firebird (been using mozilla for quite sometime) but I can't find an option "Hide the tab bar when only one tab is open"

I want to have a tab open when I first start the browser
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-03, 04:13 PM   #2
volt

Ahh, nevermind. Just got the extension...I love it

http://texturizer.net/firebird/exten...r%20Extensions

Very fast browser
[b]Optimization guidelines by Koji Ashida of NVIDIA:[/b][list][*]Use fx12 instructions whenever possible[*]Use lowest pixel shader version[/list][url=http://developer.nvidia.com/docs/IO/10878/ChinaJoy2004_OptimizationAndTools.pdf]source[/url]

[size=1]The politics are invading the technology. We don't really like to mess with politics because that kind of adversarial relationship has nothing to do with pure technical operations and the technical specifications of what we like to play with, the hardware![/size]
Old 08-26-03, 07:38 AM   #3
anxdiety

Send a message via Yahoo to anxdiety

what other extensions do you happen to use? I came across this browser last week and simply love it. Tabbed browsing rocks. and being able to have each link open within the same browser is awesome. The Extensions i use so far are:

QuickNote
Diggler
Download Monitor
Text/Plain (this one rocks for some forums that don't auto hyper link)
Tabbed Browser Prefferences.
Old 08-30-03, 11:19 AM   #4
|JuiceZ|

Send a message via Skype™ to |JuiceZ|

Quote:
Originally posted by volt
Ahh, nevermind. Just got the extension...I love it

http://texturizer.net/firebird/exten...r%20Extensions

Very fast browser
same here man, since they updated the browser extensions for firebird 0.6.1, its now my primary browser
hometheater KURO PDP-5020 | Marantz SR6005 | Definitive BP7001s, CLR3000, BPVXPs
|JuiceZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-03, 04:32 AM   #5
Smokey
Team Rainbow

I used Firebird before Mozilla, although isnt called Mozilla Firebird? Anyways very nice browser, I know use Mozilla as it has intergrated email client which I like alot and all the other features of Firebird 0.6 as far as I can tell
| Intel Q9550 @ 4GHz | Gigabyte EP45 UD3R |4x 1024MB OCZ Reaper PC9200 DDR2 | Seagate 320GB/ Maxtor 320GB/ Maxtor 500GB HDD|Sapphire HD5850 | Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Pro | Harmon Kardon AVR135 reciever | Jamo S718 speakers | 42" Plasma 720p (lounge room)-Samsung P2450H (bedroom)
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-03, 04:46 AM   #6
volt

Quote:
Originally posted by anxdiety
what other extensions do you happen to use? I came across this browser last week and simply love it. Tabbed browsing rocks. and being able to have each link open within the same browser is awesome. The Extensions i use so far are:

QuickNote
Diggler
Download Monitor
Text/Plain (this one rocks for some forums that don't auto hyper link)
Tabbed Browser Prefferences.
I only use tabbed browser extension

Old 08-31-03, 05:33 AM   #7
eL_PuSHeR

Smokey, if you want a stand-alone mail application, get Thunderbird mail. I think it's the same as Mozilla mail (well sorta).
Creative GeForce4 Ti4200
Integrated CMI8738 audio
eL_PuSHeR is offline   Reply With Quote