Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 07-13-11, 06:56 PM   #1
SuddleD

Default Dell with Quadro 4000, 3D vision Pro on CentOS How to make it all work?

I just bought a new Dell T7500 computer with a Nvidia Quadro 4000 card and the 3D pro emitter kit and a ViewSonic PJD6241 3D projector. I bought all these items because they were all supported hardware on the NVIDIA website. First, how to I get the 3D emitter pro to connect Via USB to our Linux machine, it doesn't seem to be connected as the Emitter just flashes colors on the front and doesn't go a solid green? Do I need special drivers for Linux, since the Nvidia drivers page doesn't have 3D specific drivers for Linux, only windows? Also, my Quadro 4000 card doesn't have the (9pin) din connector for the special cable it came with, but I was told by Nvidia support chat that the Quadro 4000 has it built in so its not necessary, I am confused? Third, how to I enable 3D settings under CentOS (5.6) in the Nvidia-settings panel? I would like to have this setup for a meeting room, and I was hoping it was going to be a lot less painful, please help guide me in the right direction, thank you.
SuddleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 02:50 PM   #2
snash

Default Re: Dell with Quadro 4000, 3D vision Pro on CentOS How to make it all work?

On Windows you can use the Quadro 4000 without the mini-DIN cable, but on Linux you need
the extra bracket that provides that connector:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/PNY...0/2277933.aspx
snash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-11, 05:50 PM   #3
SuddleD

Default Re: Dell with Quadro 4000, 3D vision Pro on CentOS How to make it all work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snash View Post
On Windows you can use the Quadro 4000 without the mini-DIN cable, but on Linux you need
the extra bracket that provides that connector:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/PNY...0/2277933.aspx
Yeah, I found that out the hard way. Even though the chat support from Nvidia said I did not need it, they were wrong. I found one place on the entire web that had it in stock, and once installed, we could use Maestro to see 3D structures. I wish the information on the Nvidia 3D vision(pro) site would make this clear. Having a little number icon that says 'optional' is just not right and it should say on windows its optional but on Linux its Necessary. I blame Nvidia's poor customer support and lack of proper documentation on this issue.
SuddleD is offline   Reply With Quote